This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125566 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Maybe doing something soon?
« Reply #1305 on: June 29, 2015, 04:19:34 am »

Neverwhere is west of Dale, when bay 12 moved Neverwhere was already well established, we moved south of them towards the border.
Ah that makes sense. Is it true that there are still Bay12 dudes operating on the server? Chanada, Mount Augusta, and Nox can always use an extra hand against WP and the likes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/385i4w/land_claim_kovinth_akur_the_dwarven_mountainhome/
Oh and TahuJared was still active until recently, he went up to kaiserin with me but seems to have deleted his reddit account so I'm totally out of touch with him now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:27:22 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1306 on: July 01, 2015, 05:09:49 am »

I haven't played in a while but try to keep up with the subreddit, mostly because the drama is entertaining to watch.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 01, 2015, 03:48:48 pm »

Neverwhere is west of Dale, when bay 12 moved Neverwhere was already well established, we moved south of them towards the border.
Ah that makes sense. Is it true that there are still Bay12 dudes operating on the server? Chanada, Mount Augusta, and Nox can always use an extra hand against WP and the likes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/385i4w/land_claim_kovinth_akur_the_dwarven_mountainhome/
Oh and TahuJared was still active until recently, he went up to kaiserin with me but seems to have deleted his reddit account so I'm totally out of touch with him now.

I'm friends with him on steam if you need to get in touch with him. I helped him loot Dumathion's vault a couple months ago ( I happened to log in there when he was trying to crack it, what are the odds? Got me some really nice magic swords and pickaxes, and a brewing stand out of it, but I can't access that account anymore. Such is life) and he friended me on steam. He said he'd message me but I never heard from him after that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:18 pm »

I just got back on

the mountain home is in one piece, what's this talk of leaving and drama?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 05, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »

I just got back on

the mountain home is in one piece, what's this talk of leaving and drama?
We left the mountainhome, as the original owners returned. There was some drama, but it's over, I think? We haven't played on anything Civcraft in a while.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »

It's been, what, six months since we last did anything big on this? Nine months?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1311 on: July 06, 2015, 12:15:22 am »

We got half a dozen people together to settle on the latest server not too long ago. That was kinda big.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 09, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »

Hey guys, I got permission to settle a new stronghold/town within Chanada's realm. I'm thinking of starting a new stronghold somewhere in the northern reaches on Chanada so it can have active supply lines/support, if you guys agree to join in it will be a /tg/-Bay12 collaborative project. There are currently two options on the table for such a thing, starting a stronghold/town in the mountain range south of Viridian or in the alps of Madgeburg, which is east of Xiphias. I'll need to get permission from Immer first for Madgeburg if you guys want to come help with the start-up. The main reason I want oldfags from Bay12 to start it is because whether or not you all join it will be an attempt at starting a /tg/ town, and considering the /tg/ crowd is right up your alley I feel it would be better for you guys to bring in newfags and show them the ropes, etc. You can keep the old isolationist policy going within Chanada (/k/ is a good example, they used to pearl foreigners on sight before questioning them sometimes). The only thing that would really change for you guys would be location, and you would have support from the northern Chanadian states rather than from the southern states such as the members of FAGT which is mostly dead at this point.
I mean you can settle in the far south again, but it doesn't really help (maybe resource availability, but a lot of veins exist in the west that are completely untouched still). The location can be changed, I mean Versailles definitely wasn't settled in the planned area, Madgeburg and the mountains south of Viridian are options.
-Madgeburg not viable-
Mountain Range:

Link to the really old journeymap collab for 2.0 (for anyone who hasn't seen it I guess):
http://txapu.com/

I know I left a lot out, not sure what; probably didn't word that text wall right either, so if you have any questions or concerns please voice them.
I'll make a new Civcraft thread if there's an interest here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:16:26 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 09, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

I hate to be a double poster but Immer got back to me with a 'no' on the Madgeburg idea, the mountains east of madgeburg might be viable I think some are part of FAGT in general rather than /pol/ynesia.

Adam Sandler.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 09, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »

What about continuing Sparkgears?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:16 pm »

What about continuing Sparkgears?
I visited Sparkgears a couple weeks ago, it was a bit run down.
I think having a new stronghold closer to the northern states would strengthen your defense/supply intake/outtake more.
Sparkgears is a long ways out of the way. It's also too close to inactive cities to be honest, I don't think you'd be able to hold many new people especially since they'd have to travel for hours to get to another living city.

Oh uh we're doing a shill wave today (recruitment drive), so the Mumble channel for /pol/ (mc.civcraft.vg) is going to be slightly more active. It'd help to have a more active discussion about this there, PM me for the channel token.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:25:28 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 09, 2015, 07:42:59 pm »

We can always fix it up. It's not griefed into oblivion. And we made it out of the way on purpose, since we've got other things to do with our time and not enough people to create a round-the-clock defense force.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 09, 2015, 07:44:58 pm »

We can always fix it up. It's not griefed into oblivion. And we made it out of the way on purpose, since we've got other things to do with our time and not enough people to create a round-the-clock defense force.
The whole reason I'm trying to get you guys on board with a new stronghold is so we can more effectively get /tg/ dudes on board. Even if you're not active there, there would be a good amount of new people from /tg/ to keep things running.
Like I said, it'd probably be better to discuss this on the Mumble.

Also I'm not asking you guys to abandon SparkGears so much as I'm asking whether any of you want to resettle to help start a /tg/-Bay12 fort/town.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:58:27 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 09, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »

I'm not interested in Civcraft stuff anymore, so you'll need a new thread if you want to keep the OP updated.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 09, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »

I'm not interested in Civcraft stuff anymore, so you'll need a new thread if you want to keep the OP updated.
I was planning on that anyway. Thank you for your service to Armok when you were active, brother.
Adam Sandler.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89