This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125806 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Spreadsheet update.
« Reply #1065 on: March 17, 2015, 12:05:35 am »

How do you plan to deal with the guardians?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 17, 2015, 12:18:25 am »

How do you plan to deal with the guardians?

Swarm to break in, then repeated use of torches on the entire interior to deprive them of spawn locations.

Hey...if we get a lot of iron and coal from the mining base, we could attempt to clear out the monument this way and use it as the central 'tower'...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1067 on: March 17, 2015, 12:24:48 am »

Their spawns aren't light dependent. Though they are water-dependent, so clearing out water should do the trick. We might even be able to rig up some kind of absurd laser-based defense system.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 17, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »

-snip-

Sounds a little small, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Other than that I support this plan.

absurd laser-based defense system.

Maybe something like the below, but with less sharks and sleeping children, and more open portholes and guardians. Flooding the walkway is also possible, but that'd be expensive to rig up to say the least.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 20, 2015, 03:38:57 am »

Is the current server the one we're going to play on?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1070 on: March 20, 2015, 03:55:50 am »

I have no idea at this point. I think people are generally happy to do whatever, we just need someone to step up and say "we're doing this thing, get to it chaps".

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 20, 2015, 09:44:27 am »

Poll reset to be relevant again.

If we want to play this weekend, we'll need to do some really speedy organization.

Spoiler: Current Information (click to show/hide)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 20, 2015, 10:35:20 am »

If we do start playing this weekend, I can begin searching the nether for the portal to the ocean monument. I'm pretty sure it was built at some combination of (-)500 (-)1000, but I know neither I nor DarkStar tried to disguise our trail either. So I guess I'll just follow the netherrack bridges, tunnels, and jump-pillars.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 20, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »

I'd love to join. I played Civcraft for a while, and would definitely get in on a fortress in Civcraft, but if we've got another server then great. My handle is dhokarena56.

(As far as Civcraft goes, I'm actually currently located in a fairly deserted but resource-rich part of the map that would be perfect for a fortress.)

[EDIT: Update: I talked to the admin of the small server that was linked. She's fine with us building a fortress so long as we build it a ways away. The map is theoretically infinite.]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:09:52 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 20, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »

I'd love to join. I played Civcraft for a while, and would definitely get in on a fortress in Civcraft, but if we've got another server then great. My handle is dhokarena56.

(As far as Civcraft goes, I'm actually currently located in a fairly deserted but resource-rich part of the map that would be perfect for a fortress.)

[EDIT: Update: I talked to the admin of the small server that was linked. She's fine with us building a fortress so long as we build it a ways away. The map is theoretically infinite.]
I don't think we're planning to play Civcraft again in the near future, though it'll definitely be on the poll.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 20, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

I don't think we're planning to play Civcraft again in the near future, though it'll definitely be on the poll.

There are parts about Civcraft I'm not that fond of, but the use of the Citadel mod is its most extraordinary quality, I think. It really does protect you from griefers without heavy-handed mod intervention.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Planning next fortress.
« Reply #1076 on: March 20, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »

Okay, it looks like we're playing this weekend.

Does Sunday, 12 PM & 7 PM GMT sound fine to everyone? The idea is that everyone will log on at roughly the same time, so we can all journey/build/spawn together. If we use those two times, almost everyone who added themselves to the document is covered.

Saturday might also be possible, but I doubt we'll have things sorted out by then.

Speaking of which, it's not too late. Add yourself to the document, if you haven't already.

I'd put up a server poll, but we still only have a few servers. Go find servers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:23:59 pm by Elephant Parade »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 20, 2015, 06:40:19 pm »

Okay, it looks like we're playing this weekend.

Does Sunday, 12 PM & 7 PM GMT sound fine to everyone? The idea is that everyone will log on at roughly the same time, so we can all journey/build/spawn together. If we use those two times, almost everyone who added themselves to the document is covered.

Saturday might also be possible, but I doubt we'll have things sorted out by then.

Speaking of which, it's not too late. Add yourself to the document, if you haven't already.

I'd put up a server poll, but we still only have a few servers. Go find servers.

I was the vote for next weekend, and I'd like to switch it to this weekend- I didn't realize that you had changed the poll before I got into the thread. So it's unanimously this weekend.

Edit: what sort of servers are we looking for? Survival servers with few or no mods?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:43:25 pm by FearfulJesuit »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

Edit: what sort of servers are we looking for? Survival servers with few or no mods?
We're looking for survival servers with as few plugins as possible. Actual mods are pretty much out, I believe.

Chaos servers are preferable, though building on a no-griefing server might be a nice change.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 20, 2015, 06:56:09 pm »

We're looking for survival servers with as few plugins as possible. Actual mods are pretty much out, I believe.

Chaos servers are preferable, though building on a no-griefing server might be a nice change.

I'll probably end up voting for MineToHelp- it's actually unusually difficult to find vanilla servers that don't have a player whitelist.

There's one with the IP address rawminecraft.com. This is similar, but it has a larger population (but a smaller population cap.)

Otherwise, it's difficult to find vanilla, non-whitelist servers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:06:51 pm by FearfulJesuit »

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89