This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125888 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #570 on: September 25, 2014, 08:03:05 pm »

And string can be burned for obsidian?
In the same way that redstone can be used. There's a bug wherein string/redstone turn into a block of obsidian when lava is poured on them and water is next to it. Makes infinite obsidian really easy to get.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 25, 2014, 08:06:28 pm »

Wasn't that bug fixed a really long time ago?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »

It's fixed in 1.8, But we have time before civcraft gets there.
I,ve been thinking about the storeroom, Zan suggested the canyon near the canal/cone, but I would prefer if it was above or below the factories for convenience and security... and cost I suppose too since I could reinforce both levels for 2/3 as much extra.
Have we got any plans for the bottom levels? I've always had a dream of constructing a massive magma ocean at bedrock level and constructing piers and walkways above them for a dwarven HFS side resort....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 25, 2014, 08:28:24 pm »

Depending on how many factories are actually necessary, there's plenty of room in the factory chamber itself to store stuff. Along the inner wall, for instance.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 25, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »

Yeah I've been thinking this, in fact I was looking at the factory itself, It's pretty high, It basically blocks off 4 levels from being exploited from the shaft..... Maybe put storage outside the factory room.....
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:41 pm »

Might as well detail a thought I had for the dome.

Residential district covering the canal level (specifically, the walkway), +10 levels above headheight and - 10 levels from the feet.  Below that would be Industrial, above would be Commercial.

In the center, from the top, would be a 5 meter circular magma-fall.  At Residential level, there would be an East-West and North-South canal bridge, that both intersect at a ring at the center.  Bridges would be 3 (or 5) meters wide, with a 1 (or 2) wide walkway on either side.  Would prefer the 3 and 1, so that there could be an extra layer on either side for the decoration of a suspension-like supports to be in place.  Halfway between the connections of the bridges to the main canals would be access to one of four spirals that spiral downwards just outside the cone, except where they expand outwards to interface with the canal.  Alternatively, it could stay at the same distance from the cone, with a slow rapids structure and connect various canal levels.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:07:10 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 25, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »

Can you do a diagram?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 25, 2014, 09:30:08 pm »

Can you do a diagram?

Here:
Left is the side-view, with an exaggerated example of the supports for the bridge (broken around Magmafall to signify where the circular connection would be), and zoning (blue=commercial, green=residential, orange=industrial).  If we go with the water ramp in the middle of the stairs, I marked off possible places the Commercial and Industrial Canals would be.

Right is top-down of a canal level (could be copied to Industrial and Commercial levels if we add them, maybe having theirs offset by 30 degrees from the Residential, in either direction?)  Bridges are the lines crossing the circle, with the circular structure around the magmafall representing the connection.  Locations for the stairs are marked with arrows, question mark being there, since it would be more of a ramp area if we go with using water ramps.
[spoiler]

[/img]
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2014, 09:33:47 pm »

Another idea for the center, we could have an executive/administrative tower hanging down from the top to the center.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:28 pm »

Another idea for the center, we could have an executive/administrative tower hanging down from the top to the center.

We can put administrative stuff in that highest area above the commercial stuff. Same goes for mining - that goes below the industrial area.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »

Could have the magma being deployed from that and land in what appears to be a huge mining machine in the mining sector.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2014, 09:43:50 pm »

Could have the magma being deployed from that and land in what appears to be a huge mining machine in the mining sector.
That would be awesome. It would make it look like the inside of some giant Dwarven star wars chamber.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2014, 09:50:50 pm »

That would be awesome. It would make it look like the inside of some giant Dwarven star wars chamber.

Now I want to see a couple giant cannons that look like they are powered by magma guarding the harbor entrance.  Or have a single one on top of the lighthouse, that, with a warship, mark it as the Navy Command Center.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2014, 10:02:53 pm »

Now I want to see a couple giant cannons that look like they are powered by magma guarding the harbor entrance.  Or have a single one on top of the lighthouse, that, with a warship, mark it as the Navy Command Center.

TNT cannons.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:17 pm »

Gunpowder is apparently ~50 diamonds apiece, so that could be better spent elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 89