This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125841 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #525 on: September 22, 2014, 02:26:23 am »

Holy Armok, I didn't see that coming. Honestly, /V/iridian is too fragmented and unstable for that to last long, IMO. The last time I was there, there were a few guys trying to rebuild /int/ville (or whatever) after someone had set the (mostly wood) town ablaze. Also, there was one guy running around setting fire to acacias and saying that they were "haran". The main area of /V/iridian is pretty tightly packed in terms of space, resembling a real urban center. Once the HCF comes back, /V/iridian'll be like chaff in a mixed metaphor. It's not even evenly snitched. A few raiders with x-ray would go through there pretty quickly. I'm glad that they're allying with Titan, and I hope that'll get them an organized government, but /V/iridian kind of hates ledditorsredditors (see, they're getting to me already), and told me they had a deportation policy against them. I told them that I was really from Bay12, and they were okay with that. My point being, a lot of them won't like being allied with Titan. I guess only time will tell.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 22, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

Titan was actually founded by guys from 4chan, as were some other prominent cities around the place, I'm hoping the more reasonable attitude of the old guard helps to moderate their fervor.
So I'm thinking of doing something radical for this farm, solid square farms are just so passe .
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 22, 2014, 09:34:57 am »

That sounds a bit scary.  :-\

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 22, 2014, 11:26:06 am »

When the cone is done, there will be the option of allowing daylight into the center. Perhaps we could set up a garden there?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 22, 2014, 12:41:09 pm »

Holy Armok, I didn't see that coming. Honestly, /V/iridian is too fragmented and unstable for that to last long, IMO. The last time I was there, there were a few guys trying to rebuild /int/ville (or whatever) after someone had set the (mostly wood) town ablaze. Also, there was one guy running around setting fire to acacias and saying that they were "haran". The main area of /V/iridian is pretty tightly packed in terms of space, resembling a real urban center. Once the HCF comes back, /V/iridian'll be like chaff in a mixed metaphor. It's not even evenly snitched. A few raiders with x-ray would go through there pretty quickly. I'm glad that they're allying with Titan, and I hope that'll get them an organized government, but /V/iridian kind of hates ledditorsredditors (see, they're getting to me already), and told me they had a deportation policy against them. I told them that I was really from Bay12, and they were okay with that. My point being, a lot of them won't like being allied with Titan. I guess only time will tell.
While this isn't awesome, destabilization in neighboring regions rarely is, I think we'll be okay. I can understand they're stance on leldditors, all I've heard about their conduct in EVE leaves a lot to desired. I think we'll be okay if we just stay low and neutral, maybe offer up a space for refugees if shit goes south.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:16 pm »

Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys, schools been KILLING recently.  I hope to get back on soon.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 22, 2014, 05:42:17 pm »

Speaking of which, could I get a list of people with advanced permissions? It'll be easier to redirect people if I know who to redirect them to.

Me, MarcAFK, tahujared (tahujdt on the forums), and OneEyeJim (Baffler on the forums). What is the username/what are the usernames I need to add?

Also, I agree that we should stay neutral. Maybe we could be like Switzerland (take the analogy as far as you want)?

When the cone is done, there will be the option of allowing daylight into the center. Perhaps we could set up a garden there?

We will probably have space near the top. Speaking of which, we really should add more mountain up there; there's just barely enough space for everything.

Finally, there's a room near the ladder up to the storage with a sign saying "IceFire's Room". Who made this?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 22, 2014, 06:17:53 pm »

I'm not sure who needs to be added right now (nobody, possibly). I'd like basic permissions, if I don't already have them, but I don't need advanced permissions since I don't actually understand how adding people works.

Once I figure that out, I can start adding people in addition to sending them PMs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 22, 2014, 06:53:59 pm »

I'm not sure who needs to be added right now (nobody, possibly). I'd like basic permissions, if I don't already have them, but I don't need advanced permissions since I don't actually understand how adding people works.

Once I figure that out, I can start adding people in addition to sending them PMs.

Adding people is easy. The format is /ctallow <groupname> <player>. For adding you, the command is /ctallow Sparkgears Elephant_Parade. It's a moderator-only command, of course.

I'll add you as a normal member for now, and as a moderator later if you want.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 22, 2014, 07:04:29 pm »

Adding people is easy. The format is /ctallow <groupname> <player>. For adding you, the command is /ctallow Sparkgears Elephant_Parade. It's a moderator-only command, of course.

Oh, it's that simple? Great. I'd like to be added as a moderator, then, so I can add people when I send the coordinates. That way, people won't have any issues after they arrive.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 22, 2014, 07:37:12 pm »

Oh, it's that simple? Great. I'd like to be added as a moderator, then, so I can add people when I send the coordinates. That way, people won't have any issues after they arrive.

Ok, I'll do that.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2014, 12:46:31 am »

Finally, there's a room near the ladder up to the storage with a sign saying "IceFire's Room". Who made this?
Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys, schools been KILLING recently.  I hope to get back on soon.
I have no idea :p
Edit: So I just got kicked out for veridian for "being a redditor", immediately after paying 10 d for their stupid "visitors pass"
Was even threatened for using the rail line :P
Edit: I'm told that it's ok to use the rails, the guy who kicked me out was just being a jerk, however more unsettling news is the fact that Titan-Viridian will be locking down their borders in teh future.
Use of any of Titan's rail lines may not be possible in the future...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:46:47 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2014, 05:31:21 am »

Jeez, you guys certainly have been busy since I've been here, anything you need done?

Edit: Actually, as a direct result of me being a dumbass, I deleted the PM that led to this servers world map, any chance of someone putting a link to it?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:29:02 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2014, 07:14:43 am »

I'll talk to shady about what's happening.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2014, 08:08:53 am »

Oh right, as a quick note, I may have been going insane building secret entrances lately, none that intrude into private places, don't worry, there are about 5/6 on my count, and they aren't very resource intensive, either, can't waste so much stuff on a couple sticky pistons, can you?
On that note, I think I'm now a Apprentice secret room creatinator.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89