This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125686 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:25 pm »

I'm moving out of that room now, so do whatever you want :p

Thanks, but could you remove the reinforcements on the ceiling?

EDIT: NVM, mined through them.

There is now an elevator up to the farms. It's in the room behind the vines in the canal. It's built using weird properties of melted ice to create floating water blocks that don't flow, but is very delicate: Do not alter the elevator in any way or you risk completely breaking it, as the water would flow and set off a chain reaction.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:36:05 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2014, 01:43:10 pm »

I'm Admiral of Non-Activity for now!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2014, 02:04:26 pm »

If you guys plan to make your mines communal, you might want to come up with some sort of communal plan for the ore that results.  Otherwise, the guy with the most Minecraft hours (and the diamond picks to maximize that time), is going to be the guy with all the diamonds.   ;D
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2014, 02:07:16 pm »

Ladies and gentlemen of Sparkgears (that's what this is called, right?) our intrepid, brave miners, worthy of praise, have found a vein of diamonds. May we become ever so prosperous under Armok's kind guidance.

Praise the Miners! Clearly a feast is in order.

If you guys plan to make your mines communal, you might want to come up with some sort of communal plan for the ore that results.  Otherwise, the guy with the most Minecraft hours (and the diamond picks to maximize that time), is going to be the guy with all the diamonds.   ;D

This is also concerning. I move to nationalize our diamond industry through the creation of the Dorf Beers Diamond Company.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »

Seriously? Stone picks? I can make an iron pick forge easily. Gratis. Can someone PM me the coords of the vein? I'll get home in about half an hour, and I might wanna have a go.

If anyone does, I would suggest that the resulting amount of diamonds should be divided evenly among all members of the fort.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2014, 02:18:00 pm »

Seriously? Stone picks? I can make an iron pick forge easily. Gratis. Can someone PM me the coords of the vein? I'll get home in about half an hour, and I might wanna have a go.

If anyone does, I would suggest that the resulting amount of diamonds should be divided evenly among all members of the fort.
Agreed.

I think that the division should go like this:

1)Finder of the diamond vein gets a small bonus (2-3 diamonds)
2)Remaining diamonds are divvied up amongst the fortress, with all active players getting an equal share. The remainder is saved to be divided up next time a vein is found, or possibly used for forges.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:10 pm »

I think a couple of us discovered the vein at different points.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2014, 02:27:39 pm »

Does active players just mean active when the diamonds are distributed? Because that will probably bar quite a number of people and result in a great deal of diamonds going to a few people. I suggest that people can trade in some other resource for the good of the fortress and get some gear of their choosing in exchange, to maximize the efficiency of diamonds expended. These trades would be conducted at the Dorf Beers Diamond Co. Offices just outside the forge.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

I think the diamond distribution should probably wait until we have an effective government.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2014, 02:39:49 pm »

Until then, single locked stockpile?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2014, 02:52:29 pm »

By "active players" I meant players who have been active in the past (unit of time), not players currently online.

I think the diamond distribution should probably wait until we have an effective government.
Yeah, it's important enough that a system needs to be worked out and voted on.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2014, 03:12:43 pm »

And seriously, enough with the pure cobblestone, It looks like ass.

Just working on the base right now.  Areas that are several blocks straight vertical are going to have inlays of other stuff to act as engravings.

Fakeedit: I really wish whoever changed over the roads didn't use stone slabs.  That stuff doesn't collect snow.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

Armok has gotten his first BattlePriest. UristMcPlayer. May he shed blood for Armok on the battlefield.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »

We've started building the fortress guard. Here is the militia so far:

Me: Captain of le guard (Because I can)
UristMcPlayer: Battlepriest
HugoLuman: Marksdwarf
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2014, 05:06:35 pm »

We've started building the fortress guard. Here is the militia so far:

Me: Captain of le guard (Because I can)
UristMcPlayer: Battlepriest
HugoLuman: Marksdwarf
Again, "Captain of the Guard" is a position that may not even exist. Since it will (probably) have actual political power if it does exist, it will most likely be voted for. You're free to run for it, of course.

In the meantime, if nobody objects, you could probably claim "captain of the guard" as a title.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89