This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125754 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2014, 09:15:02 pm »

I claim the role of Melon Lord. All melons grown on our land must bow down to me!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »

I title myself Hammerer! I shall use my hammer to dispense justice. Drawing attention to the fact that my hammer is shaped like a sword is cause for a hammering.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2014, 11:15:49 pm »

I claim the title of captain of the guard. All who defend our home, our bastion, answer to me, and know no defeat!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2014, 11:44:30 pm »

I claim the title of captain of the guard. All who defend our home, our bastion, answer to me, and know no defeat!
Uh, I think that people are only claiming aesthetic titles. Actual jobs are going to be saved for after we know what they'll do, I think.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2014, 12:19:29 am »

I claim the title of "mountain hermit" because I've fallen for the mountain and will never leave it for your undwarven "canal" network!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 12:45:19 am »

I claim the title of "mountain hermit" because I've fallen for the mountain and will never leave it for your undwarven "canal" network!
You call a ridiculously complicated waterworks prone to drowning people undwarven, yet live on the surface? :P

Anyway, with half a stack of ice, I could make a compact elevator to the farms. The room behind the vines is in the way, but it's not a big problem. As long as whoever lives there isn't planning on major expansion or decoration, the elevator shaft can be dug 4 blocks to the East instead.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2014, 01:16:39 am »

I'm moving out of that room now, so do whatever you want :p
Erm, someone's paved over the area I planted 4 or so spruce, what happened to the saplings? They take 3-4 days to grow and I don;'t have any others :(
And seriously, enough with the pure cobblestone, It looks like ass :P
We have a whole doublechest of smoothstone back at the birch forest, and I brought 8 stacks of charcoal specifically so we can make bricks and crap.
Try brick corners, edges, patterns, angles, shapes, anything but plain cobble.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:23:05 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2014, 01:24:16 am »

So much of our lovely mountain's natural beauty paved over with cobble :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 01:53:35 am »

I'm almost glad we didn't start building under the peak like I originally wanted :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 07:34:54 am »

Erm, someone's paved over the area I planted 4 or so spruce, what happened to the saplings? They take 3-4 days to grow and I don;'t have any others :(

They were planted in the surrounding area.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 08:17:25 am »

I suspect someone may have come in and nabbed the stack and a half of iron I donated to the fort.

We need to get working on the group permissions.

We should group-protect our stuff. I'll also set up a FortressDesign group for protecting chests full of material for making the place.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2014, 09:08:30 am »

I remember taking some iron or possibly ore which I put into storage?
Yeah I remember finding 23 iron in a chest back near the entrance, I don't know where the rest of your iron went though......
I have a bunch of iron blocks I brought back from Dumathoin I'll donate once we have more secure storage.
Megabuster2000/dumbo.exe repaved the docks somewhat, it looks good, I might add some stone bricks to the walls.
Edit: I believe dumbo did the slabs on the roads, I added some bricks to the walls, opinions?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:02:52 am by MarcAFK »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2014, 10:54:14 am »

Ladies and gentlemen of Sparkgears (that's what this is called, right?) our intrepid, brave miners, worthy of praise, have found a vein of diamonds. May we become ever so prosperous under Armok's kind guidance.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2014, 11:48:29 am »

I loaned out my ST pick Named 'Mjolnyr' for whoever is around to have a go at the vein.
We'll run pretty short on logs for stone picks if we make a concentrated effort to stripmine, volunteers to run down to the birch forest for more logs?

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »

I loaned out my ST pick Named 'Mjolnyr' for whoever is around to have a go at the vein.
We'll run pretty short on logs for stone picks if we make a concentrated effort to stripmine, volunteers to run down to the birch forest for more logs?
Seriously? Stone picks? I can make an iron pick forge easily. Gratis. Can someone PM me the coords of the vein? I'll get home in about half an hour, and I might wanna have a go.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89