This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125587 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:36 pm »

Blocks3 would be more meaningful as far as determining size is concerned, but the xyz, xyz system is more meaningful in determining where you can build and where you can't.

If anyone is a skilled Minecraft architect, feel free to submit plans for out mountainhome. I'll fire up a SP world and see what I can come up with in the meantime.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 07:58:58 pm »

Most of my SP time is spent working on adventure maps, I guess that kinda qualifies. I'll try to get something together, but I can't start until tomorrow.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 09:02:35 pm »

Hello! My IGN is, you guessed it, Coolrune206. Please add me to the list <3
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »

This might bring me back into minecraft again.  :)
Mind if I joined? I will be using my bro's account.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 09:58:00 pm »

Apparently, we're too close too Neverwhere.
From what I understand, they're cool with our entrance being where it is, but we'll need to move the central chamber ~700 blocks to the south, out of chat range.
We barricaded a bit of the previous central chamber and started the tunnel.
I was afraid of that when I looked at the map. Still, that should give us plenty of room for traps, trolls, and who knows what else.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 11:11:11 pm »

We've decided to move away from Neverwhere, since extending the tunnel puts us in the ocean. We're going to be going to [REDACTED, ask ingame for details], which should be away from anyone by a ways.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 11:37:33 pm »

Can you send a PM?

should be away from anyone by a ways.

Moving again? Alright. But I've been on the subreddit. Chances are, someone will try to claim whatever land we end up on, or bring some dispute or other to get us off "their" lawn. Relations between settlements are almost exclusively either confrontational or domineering from what I gather, with very rare exceptions. We were lucky to find people as friendly as N███████. My guess is that some rich and powerful city has claimed the whole stretch of wilderness, maybe even explored it, and will try to force us out, take charge, or both if we're found.

I'm sorry, this probably sounds angry, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the constant abandoning and I'm aware this isn't the first time it's shown through. Let's try to make the next place stick.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:03:12 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 12:00:56 am »

I've been scouting south of our current location, the area around [redacted] has amazingly hard to navigate hills, and is full of good screenshot worthy material. However I suck at taking pictures, The area is 300 meters from the edge of neverwhere's chat range and 800 meters from the border so theres heaps of room to expand. There's one valley enclosed by hills that looks great, the 171 meter high peak at the edge i have named after a troublemaker from sparkgear's history. Mount Kob Uthgur
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 12:23:35 am »

Could these decisions please be mentioned in the thread before they happen, please? Also, who decided? I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the move, but I'd like to hear who voted for it.

If someone would send me the new coordinates, I would be grateful.

This might bring me back into minecraft again.  :)
Mind if I joined? I will be using my bro's account.
Sure, I guess. I would send you the coordinates, but I don't have the new ones.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 12:33:15 am »

I should note that I haven't decided anything, except for the irefutable fact that NW want us further away.
I have measured the distance required and am suggesting a suitable location. I think maybe we should have been a little more cautions before starting major construction work before, shady told me that you guys had been told a few days ago that you were too close....
More details for anyone who missed the conversation.
Several people in NW complained about us building in chat range. Im told that they would have left us closer if we were "a part of neverwhere" but it seems that we want complete independence? In which case a suitable distance is required. The current buildings are only 200 meters from the edge of neverwhere, and I'm told that they won't expand off the island. I'm not sure to believe this, but anyhow they want our city out of chat range, But I have been told that the entrance is fine being where it already is. We need to make better contact with the leadership of NW to determine what else we can build in the intervening space, they have a birch farm on the island we already settled, we will need a tree farm too as the only available areas outside their chat range are all Ice mountains. We should be able to have a road, rail line, and farms too.

Just to reiterate, I too would like nothing major being constructed untill we've all had a vote or discussion. I'll pm the coords of the landing we have made to anyone who asks. But if anyone else wants to scout other suitable areas and finds somewhere nice please feel free to add to our options.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:35:34 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:40 am »

I have to say, this spot is really nice. Far from everywhere, and all ice mountains, but it's epic topography and we can still grow wheat, potatoes, spruce, and mushrooms. Caution is probably best, but if some big far off place wants us off these ice mountains a million miles from anywhere, this spot may be worth putting out foot down for.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 04:04:40 am »

Ok, I have made an album of images of the site. All these features are within 100 meters of each other. It's CRAMMED with hills, mountains, valleys, 2 3 5? A lot of canyons, a 171 meter high peak, lakes, Surface caves galore, all kinds of stuff.
Just uploading right now.
Considering the height of the ground there, the mountains around it, and the natural roof, I think it would be a good site for the coney thing.
http://imgur.com/a/CmOBO
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:54:00 am by MarcAFK »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 04:09:51 am »

Fantastic. Can I have the co-ordinates, too? And I think EP still needs them.

Find a place move, find a place move...
After the Goldminer incident everything's been up in the air, I guess.
Speaking of "up in the air", I think we ought to vote on a system of government before we get too far into this. We have the three proposals in Elephant's post, Cerapter's triarchy thing, and my second one to choose from right now.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 04:31:07 am »

I might come back to play in the new spot. I would suggest digging out a 11x10x7 (width/length/height) room and converting it into a honeycomb/cellblock style two-story dorm (I can do a mockup), so that we have spawns secured and people don't need to run off to make their own houses.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 06:30:32 am »

http://imgur.com/a/CmOBO

...where does the canal in the last picture go to?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 89