This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125907 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - We're looking for a new server.
« Reply #885 on: January 14, 2015, 05:48:20 pm »

I'm looking at some servers that we could use. So far, I've seen quite a few, but I want to visit each at least once to get an idea about whether or not we should pick them.

List so far:

TheCloudVanilla - vanilla server, although there are donation perks. 70k world radius. Might be a good one.

Hardcore Minecraft PvP - Mostly vanilla, with some server-side mods. It's not quite as faction-oriented as CivCraft and there are no protections, but there are teams. It has warps and an ecomomy. 10k world border. This one would also be good.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:27:43 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 14, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »

I support polling to see if people support the continued use of polls. Maybe we should do a poll to check if anyone else agrees?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 14, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

What do people think of the servers I found (and I personally recommend TheCloudVanilla for having almost no server-side mods and having small donation perks, along with less color spam in chat).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:42:36 pm by TheDarkStar »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 14, 2015, 06:45:53 pm »

What do people think of the servers I found (and I personally recommend TheCloudVanilla for having almost no server-side mods and having small donation perks, along with less color spam in chat).
I find TheCloudVanilla's "YOU SHOULD DONATE" spam a bit annoying, and the sidebar is pretty aggravating. It's certainly an option, though.

Hardcore PvP has warps, which I don't like. I just glanced at it, so I haven't really formed a proper opinion yet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Server vote ongoing!
« Reply #889 on: January 14, 2015, 07:59:34 pm »

Which server would you prefer to play on? I'm doing this as a post-based vote, because another poll is going on and drive-by voters are annoying. Post the name of the server you want to play on in bold. See this post for the servers.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 14, 2015, 10:06:12 pm »

Which server would you prefer to play on? I'm doing this as a post-based vote, because another poll is going on and drive-by voters are annoying. Post the name of the server you want to play on in bold. See this post for the servers.

And this one.

So far, it's between Tiny Vanilla and TheCloudVanilla (yay 70k world border) for me. I haven't tried VanillaEvolved yet. I dislike Myancraft because of the colored names.

PPE: I'm voting for TheCloudVanilla.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »

And this one.

So far, it's between Tiny Vanilla and TheCloudVanilla (yay 70k world border) for me. I haven't tried VanillaEvolved yet. I dislike Myancraft because of the colored names.

I included a link to your post in my post.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 14, 2015, 10:47:59 pm »

And this one.

I included a link to your post in my post.

Right.  ::)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 14, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

Cloudvanilla sounds better than Myancraft, I'll change my vote to that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:05:28 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 15, 2015, 12:45:45 am »

If it's the size if civcraft and lower populated, expect there to be little competition for space. I'm not opposed to this.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #895 on: January 15, 2015, 12:49:21 am »

Cloudvanilla sounds reasonable. Hopefully I'll actually be able to play more than a little this time.

Ignore this, please.
NEVER
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 15, 2015, 11:13:45 am »

Cloud vanilla is ma new vote

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 15, 2015, 07:06:32 pm »

It looks like CloudVanilla won by a mile.

Or by one vote, depending on whether you count votes not posted in bold like I said to do.

...I can't say I'm a fan of these results, but whatever. I'm carving out a base at -983 -593, if anyone wants to log on. There's some kind of render distance issue at the moment, so you may not be able to see very far. It'll probably be fixed soon, though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:40:40 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 15, 2015, 07:40:27 pm »

Bumping for an important message: spawn moved since I last played on this server. I plan to set up an initial base at 36,000 46,500.

TDS set up a base at 34,200 44,700.

(Spawn is 35,000 45,000, for reference.)

Edit: I stopped playing due to ridiculous render distance issues.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:05:10 pm by Elephant Parade »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 89