This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125913 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Stop asking for coordinates in the thread.
« Reply #660 on: October 18, 2014, 01:29:35 am »

We might need to have someone else running some of the more forum-related things if tahu can't post here.
Perhaps now would be the time to start being active on a subreddit, I don't think we all need to use it, but as long as we keep it updated enough tahu can communicate through it, at minimum I can keep this forum updated with what's going on there, i check the Civcraft sub daily and would run the sparkgear one also. 
I can't remember if we have one yet though.
I think it would be best to keep things to this thread. It's a better medium for conversations, in my opinion, and this way nobody needs to create a Reddit account/learn to use Reddit/bother to check Reddit.

I'll put up a poll.

Edit:
We might need to have someone else running some of the more forum-related things if tahu can't post here.
Uh. What forum-related stuff was Tahu doing? As far as I know, I'm handling all the forum stuff. I'm not doing anything game-related, though.

If Tahu was doing anything, I can probably take over, as long as it doesn't require me to actually log on.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:32:42 am by Elephant Parade »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 18, 2014, 01:51:17 am »

Well tahu was using reddit so it would be a convenient place for him to communicate with me, and then through me to here, besides most of the politics and news there goes through reddit anyway. 
A private sub should be hidden from outsiders, but I could always give it a random name which doesn't give us away if it isn't completely hidden.
I'm mostly done reinforcing the apartments, I have made a few modifications while I was there:

Oh and I've loaded up the chicken coop, it can still fit a few more but one day I should install an autoroaster.
I've reorganised the storeroom, moved all the chests properly against the wall, added far more and sorted them better, and hauled stone and stuff from around the place I've also cooked off several chests of smooth stone. 4 chests of smooth stone and cobble are left back down next to the factories, and 4 of each are up in the storeroom. All the chests at the top of the cone are gone.
Edit: Oh and if anyone cares, the HCF are busting open clone2204's pearl vault, they probably wonn't release all the griefers in there. just their own. The battle was rather grim and it's likely no more relief can arrive for the defenders.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:14:30 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 18, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »

So Tahu is banned from these forums? I'm really confused.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 18, 2014, 08:01:09 pm »

So Tahu is banned from these forums? I'm really confused.

He is.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 19, 2014, 12:52:45 am »

After a gruelling 14 hour battle the defenders have been routed, Papas pounders have broken the strength if the defenders and freed their own, several good pvp,ers have been taken prisoner and the free workd quivers in fear. Commonwealth is likely their next target, being the next biggest city with a policy of permenant pearling griefers. 
Also those who lost are argueing amongst the self over who to blame, clone did not give any of the defenders access to his bastions, causing widespread grief due to his web trap pits.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 19, 2014, 01:08:49 am »

Routed by who?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #666 on: October 19, 2014, 01:30:18 am »

HFC or HTC or whatever they're called. The PvP/griefers cult, in any case.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:46 am »

Ugh, I've broken my windows or something so it'll be a few days or more till I can get back on. I'll keep up with the goings on of the server through reddit though. The HCF at the moment just want to overthrow the current world order and punish those oppressors of innocent griefers. Randomly running about destroying people's stuff and murdering seems to be far from their minds so we're still pretty safe, anyhow I reinforced some more of the town today.
Nvm I got it restored, I'll be back to work reinforcing stuff.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:09:11 am by MarcAFK »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:46 pm »

The poll seems to have settled down at 2 - 4. I'll leave it up for now, with an added "I don't care" option to make sure that this lack of votes is because of indifference, not ignorance.

Anyway, it looks like we're using the forum, at least for now.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:24 am »

Mark me down as indifference because I didn't even see the poll.
But I'm voting for the forum oddly enough, we're bay 12 ers, this is where we do our thing. But I do want to encourage some use of the sub, you miss all the drama and politicial intrigue without it. 
Anyway, I might get that spider grinder going now so we can stick up on string/ obsidian.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 22, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »

I'm on the server, and a friend of mine is trying to ask elephant parade about the coordinates.

I'm starving, have a minimal amount of coal and wood, and have found magma, but have no bucket to bring some of this precious material with me. If I do find myself becoming "rich", is there a shopping list of items that I should look out for?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 22, 2014, 08:08:31 pm »

I'm on the server, and a friend of mine is trying to ask elephant parade about the coordinates.

I'm starving, have a minimal amount of coal and wood, and have found magma, but have no bucket to bring some of this precious material with me. If I do find myself becoming "rich", is there a shopping list of items that I should look out for?
I turned him down. Sorry, I responded to the PM before I saw your post. I'll send you the coordinates.

Also, are we allowing the friends of Bay12ers to join the fortress? It was like that with the old fortress, and I'm not aware of any change, but I thought it would be best to ask.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:10:12 pm by Elephant Parade »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 22, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »

Also, are we allowing the friends of Bay12ers to join the fortress? It was like that with the old fortress, and I'm not aware of any change, but I thought it would be best to ask.

I'd call it at:
They (the inviter) Post who they (the person being invited) are, know that they (the inviter) are responsible for that person's actions until that person proves loyal, and they (the person being invited) post within the thread what they are doing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:19 pm »

I'd call it at:
They (the inviter) Post who they (the person being invited) are, know that they (the inviter) are responsible for that person's actions until that person proves loyal, and they (the person being invited) post within the thread what they are doing.
If you're going to put "the inviter" or "the person being invited" in brackets after every "they", why not just use "the inviter" and "the person being invited"? :P

Also, "inviter" isn't a word. Huh. "Invitee" is, though, so you didn't need to type out "the person being invited".

Yeah, that sounds fair.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

Kind of in order: Diamonds, any ingot, diamond/gold/iron ore ,enchanting stuff, redstone, spawn eggs, any other ore, food that we can't grow, gunpowder, other random stuff. I might have missed some things, though.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 89