This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125593 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - New thread!
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

Comp is severely overheating, I'll have to be off for an hour or so. Should be enough room in that ring chamber for a few factories now, though. I'd suggesting putting a stone smelter in soon, we need some smoothstone and we need to get rid of a LOT of cobble.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2014, 03:59:48 pm »

We also need a dedicate storage somewhere - maybe another ring above the factory room?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »

Save those cobwebs for Obsidian making, we'll need quite a bit if we're to fortify the factory room/storeroom. Have we got a captive spider grinder yet?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2014, 07:06:21 pm »

Someone found a spider spawner when we first started exploring down here, but IDK where it is.

Some hermit passed through the area while I was digging, said he was looking for cows.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2014, 07:20:22 pm »

Save those cobwebs for Obsidian making, we'll need quite a bit if we're to fortify the factory room/storeroom. Have we got a captive spider grinder yet?
We'll have to make some quick, while we still can. It's gonna be patched, right?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2014, 07:23:57 pm »

What was his name?
I should mention there's a bit of a griefer problem brewing at the moment, also a HCF group has started raiding some cities.
I'll list everyone mentioned as being part of the HCF group, as well as the other current griefers for anyone who doesn't use the reddit.
-HCF

NVM, the HCF guys were pearled the day after their first raid. lol.
Anyway, theres always a few griefers around, they usually get pearled within a week though.
We'll have to make some quick, while we still can. It's gonna be patched, right?
Yes, however I should note that Civcraft is finally ready for 1.7.10, and should now get updated to it in a few days after a final testing PVP deathmatch event. 1.8 was just released..
So uh... theres months or more till we go to 1.8
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:25:38 pm by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

where do you get the minimap that runs on civcraft?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:42 pm »

Civcraft is on 1.7.4, but you can run it on 1.7.2, so reis minimap can be used.
http://www.games-utilities.com/reis-minimap-mod-minecraft-1-4-4/
http://adf.ly/937215/reimm-172
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:23:43 pm by MarcAFK »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »

Need help deconstructing/looting this mineshaft before excavation can properly continue. I don't have the inventory space to loot and sort stuff right now.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2014, 08:33:36 am »

I was looting the mineshaft and found a cave spider spawner. Died. No chance of recovering stuff. Lost tools including an iron pick which was looted in that shaft, 2 stacks of baked potatoes, some torches, many minecarts which were also looted there, tons of string and some other useless carp. I may be able to recall where it was, albeit not to write down a rough direction here.

Anyway, can I have another diamond pick? It broke a while ago anyway, but I kept forgetting to ask for a replacement.

Edit: I found the spider cave and took down the coords. I will be able to find it back now.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:15:33 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2014, 10:33:35 am »

I tried installing it using Magic Launcher; how did you do that? The latest magic launcher doesn't even seem to support the 1.6 .minecraft directory structure  ???
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2014, 11:15:25 am »

I tried installing it using Magic Launcher; how did you do that? The latest magic launcher doesn't even seem to support the 1.6 .minecraft directory structure  ???
Use the standard launcher, click the button that says new profile, and add a profile with. Then run it once. Then download the installer for the 1.7.2 version of FML (Forge Mod Loader), and execute the .jar. Then, launch it one more time. That will create various and sundry FML-specific folders. After that, navigate to the .minecraft folder, and drop the mod .jar into the mods folder.

The profile feature is cool because it also allows you to specify Java arguments, so you can allocate more RAM to MC.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »

Use the standard launcher, click the button that says new profile, and add a profile with. Then run it once. Then download the installer for the 1.7.2 version of FML (Forge Mod Loader), and execute the .jar. Then, launch it one more time. That will create various and sundry FML-specific folders. After that, navigate to the .minecraft folder, and drop the mod .jar into the mods folder.

The profile feature is cool because it also allows you to specify Java arguments, so you can allocate more RAM to MC.
Oh, I thought you meant that Rei's Minimap for 1.7.2 is compatible with 1.7.4. It's not.

Also, where is the factory room? I'd like to take a peek :3
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:19:54 pm by latias1290 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2014, 01:54:13 pm »

Near the bottom of the designated dig area for the cone.

For excavation to continue, we need to shear the cobwebs, then tear up all the planks, fences, and rails so they're out of the way. What time is good for people to come on and help?

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »

Near the bottom of the designated dig area for the cone.

For excavation to continue, we need to shear the cobwebs, then tear up all the planks, fences, and rails so they're out of the way. What time is good for people to come on and help?
I guess like the current scheme for the main chamber; whenever they feel like. Also, I discovered a spider cave full of cobwebs, but the spawner is still active. Someone with armor(not me) should attack it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 89