This weekend.
- 8 (50%)
Next week.
- 0 (0%)
Next weekend.
- 3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89

Author Topic: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - see last post  (Read 125826 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Dwarven Stronghold - Slightly important announcement.
« Reply #1020 on: February 17, 2015, 09:51:19 am »

Actually, I was thinking I would go for fake blustering and threatening in a written book or signs. They would have some site coordinates listed and dare him to try something there. It'd all be either a) nothing, with some superficial changes to the landscape to make him waste time hunting for the entrance, or b) the above, but with a not-so-well-hidden secret entrance full of traps. It's all the annoyance of a regular trap, plus the time wasted travelling to them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:53:18 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 17, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

I could get behind that. Also, once anyone who is going to move from the old base has moved and stuff is cleared out, the nether portal should be removed.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 18, 2015, 06:32:26 am »

There's a new base around 5306, 79, -6420. The bed is mine; the area the bed is in will be an even circle with radius 6. It will have a design similar to the old fort. The first couple blocks near the entrance are reserved for a 2x2 flush piston door.

Where exactly is it? I was standing in those exact coords and there's nothing there.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 18, 2015, 05:55:40 pm »

The new base is pretty easy to find from the nether portal in the old base. The entrance is exactly at 5306, 79, -6241 in the overworld.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1024 on: February 23, 2015, 02:36:05 am »

I logged in just now. I'm currently sailing across an ocean to get to the new base.

E: Found it. We desperately need some interior decorating.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:03:11 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1025 on: February 25, 2015, 05:24:15 pm »

Is anyone actually still playing this? I built an enchanting room and started a wheat farm. I know someone dug out the central room (in which I have fallen to my death several times) but other than that I haven't seen any activity.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 25, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »

I've been doing this (I dug stuff out yesterday), but I've been limited on time recently.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 25, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »

Is anyone actually still playing this? I built an enchanting room and started a wheat farm. I know someone dug out the central room (in which I have fallen to my death several times) but other than that I haven't seen any activity.
I left after we went to a keepinventory server, as I felt it betrayed the purpose of what we were doing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 25, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »

To me, it doesn't feel right playing on a keepinventory server. I have to agree with Coolrune206 on this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:35:16 am by HooliganintheFort »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26:19 pm »

I don't like it either, honestly.

Now might be a good time to switch, since we got raided, if anybody knows of another server.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1030 on: February 26, 2015, 01:16:00 am »

... civcraft?

Although, in all seriousness, if Civcraft rolls out a 3.0 server, we should totally jump onto that.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 26, 2015, 01:41:35 am »

... civcraft?

Although, in all seriousness, if Civcraft rolls out a 3.0 server, we should totally jump onto that.

Haha, Not going to happen. 
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 26, 2015, 09:30:29 am »

I built that smooth stone factory and penned in the critters, but I've been pretty busy this week as well. It's also not nearly as vanilla anymore, they added /tpa a few days ago.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 27, 2015, 12:51:40 am »

Did a little work on the place. Most of the field is planted now, and we have a central staircase.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 27, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

I've made the central staircase look better. I'll probably work on mining all the way down to bedrock next.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 89