Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.  (Read 27085 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:12 am »

Well, since the review thing is more or less confirmed to be bullshit, I think I can safely stop posting unless something else here piques my interest.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2014, 10:32:41 am »

In this case, there is nothing worth being outraged about, and there is nothing worth supporting, so I'd say you're all getting exited over precisely nothing.

This.

Well, except for "Framed', but its not entirely clear how she actually contributes to that.
http://framed-game.com/

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2014, 10:33:03 am »

it's about the community she hurt, not her other antics, not the blatant attention whoring, not the harassment she got for it
i don't even like wizardchan all that much, but having people ignore it in favor of sjw fuckery is exactly what the trolls you mention desire, and you're buying it into wholesale
>Legitimately using hate machine.
kek^2

You two are just precious. There are no SJW posters here - but maybe I missed them, can you point them out? Maybe you don't know what the term means? Hint: It's not a catch-all for people who think assholes on the internet are assholes, or who refuse to get upset when those poor assholes get their feelings hurt, or even people who donate to someone they know nothing about purely to spite the assholes! None of these are properties of a "SJW".

So please, explain yourselves.

MRA soundboard
wat.
He's saying Bay12 isn't the Red Pill, or whatever the current popular name is for the standard Reddit hive of villainy that enjoys generating scandals about misbehaving women and complaining about stupid bullshit while being raging misogynists. And it isn't!

Unless that 'wat' was more than a request for clarification, in which case you should really try to speak more clearly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2014, 10:33:59 am »

"The tight common front." Although I guess it would depend exactly on who is part of this front.

But that's not totally uncommon.

When the other side is unequivocally in the wrong.

Which seems pretty easy to believe when the only representative of that side around here mockingly laughs off any opposition and slurs anyone who would dare disagree with him.

Terrible people being terrible people is pretty boring news though. Sad it seems like that's it.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2014, 10:34:30 am »

This reminds me of the whole Dina thing with Mighty no. 9 not that long ago...

In that lots of groups will make lots of noise. Absolutely nothing changing. Then the whole shebang being forgotten by the collective internet consciousness
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2014, 10:34:55 am »

Based on that image album, I'm forced to agree that this entire thing is blown out of proportion. Holy shit, guys, calm the fuck down. She mentioned wizardchan in a tweet, based on information somebody else gave her (that wizardchan was responsible), and suddenly all this shit. Yeah, people who invaded wizardchan are dicks, but I cannot imagine a more childish response to the whole thing. The entire reasoning seems like every conceivable justification, no matter how internally contradictory, piled on top of one another to justify the hate. If I didn't know better, I'd say that album was a false flag designed to make her look like the mature one.

So, congratulations, I guess - Zoe's a little naive at worst, some overzealous SJWs are assholes, wizardchan is full of petulant assholes, and everyone who's gotten drawn into this thing in the aftermath cares more about their pet ideology than the original trigger. I'm going to have to endorse part of the SJW position, I guess, because the way this fight is playing out by now has the anti-Zoe side being a good deal more disgusting about how they argue.

In this case, there is nothing worth being outraged about, and there is nothing worth supporting, so I'd say you're all getting exited over precisely nothing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:59 am »

What about dozens of thousands of deleted posts on Reddit?
._.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:03 am »

There's lots of rules about shit you can't do in regards to promoting harassment and doxxing on reddit, and they've been doing a lot of enforcement of that the last few months. Not just about this subject either, they have been cracking down on it across the board.

I'd imagine most of the deleted posts were either engaged in one of those or part of a thread that was mostly one of those (sometimes reddit mods decide it's easier to just wipe a bad thread than try to pick out which individual posts are the worst)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2014, 10:38:08 am »

Not buying them?

All I have to say about this is LOL. You are aware you're protesting a free game getting reviews? You're adorable. And shows your complete lack of insight as to why the video game industry is as it is at this moment. Yeah, fuck it, it's all this one girls fault. Happy? Jesus, go back to reddit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:40:40 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2014, 10:44:52 am »

"The tight common front." Although I guess it would depend exactly on who is part of this front.

But that's not totally uncommon.

When the other side is unequivocally in the wrong.

So, mass censoring topics of current debate is perfectly normal because arbitrarily deciding that one side is "right" (even though the weight of evidence points towards the opposite?).
That's... a worrying outlook.

As I've stated previously, and some SJWs (what the fuck is this random hate on Reddit, dude? Reddit is absolutely huge. Randomly lumping up everyone as an MRA or misogynist or whatever seems... frankly, self-parodying). are blatantly disregarding, it's the rampant censorship that pisses me off. Okay. Maybe the detractors are in the wrong (they're not). Maybe the evidence is circumstantial and non-definitive (it kinda isn't). But that gives no justification for stifling the discussion altogether.

But since that point seems lost on most everyone, I don't see why I bother bringing it up every post I make.

You mean tens of thousands. The "TB talks about Whatsherface issuing DMCA takedowns" subreddit has 30k-ish deleted posts.

Not buying them?

All I have to say about this is LOL. You are aware you're protesting a free game getting reviews? You're adorable. And shows your complete lack of insight as to why the video game industry is as it is at this moment. Yeah, fuck it, it's all this one girls fault. Happy? Jesus, go back to reddit.
>Missing the point entirely.

QED. Is this SJW-y enough for you, GlyphGlyph?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:16 am »

The only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth regarding all of this are the acquisitions that she doxxed, shut down, and media suppressed (using her alleged connections) a harmless game jam. If that's true, that's not cool at all. 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2014, 10:48:38 am »

No, because he's not doing anything Social Justice Warrior'y there?

I honestly think you're just using the term as pejorative deprived of meaning at this point. I mean, I don't think it's the best post (a better counter to the OP than the things you've said), but nothing SJW in there at all. And Mict is most definitely NOT a SJW, hah! I've argued with him about enough things to know THAT much.

The only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth regarding all of this are the acquisitions that she doxxed, shut down, and media suppressed (using her alleged connections) a harmless game jam. If that's true, that's not cool at all.
Even if she did that, it would make her an asshole, but it would hardly by "the fall of video game media", or some huge controversy, and getting the asshole brigade harassing her over it does nothing but draw more attention to her and obscure whatever it is she may have done wrong. There's a reason the response is metaphorically called the "internet hate machine" instead of the "someone did something bad and now people are making reasonable responses that bring it out into the open in an attempt to undo some of the damage". It's mostly people with a convenient, arguably "acceptable" target getting their jollies off and their shovelful of rage for the today.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:54:24 am by GlyphGryph »

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2014, 10:56:25 am »

No, because he's not doing anything Social Justice Warrior'y there?

I honestly think you're just using the term as pejorative deprived of meaning at this point. I mean, I don't think it's the best post (a better counter to the OP than the things you've said), but nothing SJW in there at all. And Mict is most definitely NOT a SJW, hah! I've argued with him about enough things to know THAT much.

Soo.... a blatant use of a strawman, deliberately missing the point and diverting the discussion into gender politics isn't something a SJW does.

I mean, for fuck's sake dude, you of all people should know the shit you and the Wolf put up with between Lazycat, SA, SA false-flagging as 4chan and other miscellaneous idiocy. Did he get political about it, brew up a shitstorm and play victim? No, he laughed it off and pursued his interests in a legitimate way.

Also, "internet hate machine" is used in a satirical manner, pointing to the idiotic alarmist news report Fox News did.
The moment you appropriate the phrase for its original meaning, you're just dismantling your own argument; see "PC gaming Master Race".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:58:22 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2014, 10:57:01 am »

I am a SJW because I don't agree with bullshit made up controversies used as an excuse to harass a girl. Yep. Really shows the depth of problem solving involved in the harass Zoe crowd. Back to reddit, please. This isn't a soundboard and you've shown a total lack of reason. It's all very cute and all but this is Bay12 not MRA central. Prefer not to mix the only sane forum with the unalterably stupid bits of the internet, thanks.

OP should be very aware this topic is nothing but a flame magnet. It needs to be closed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:02:15 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:24 am »

So, mass censoring topics of current debate is perfectly normal because arbitrarily deciding that one side is "right" (even though the weight of evidence points towards the opposite?).
That's... a worrying outlook.

Well. The thing about 'censorship' is that although it can be troubling, it doesn't automatically mean the people who are getting their stuff deleted are in the right. Hell, even if they aren't personally doing bad things it could still be in the right to delete what they make, just because it's clearly such a flamey topic. (IE, how My Little Pony threads are banned on bay12.) And yeah, the internet is absolutely full of terrible people who will do terrible things for terrible reasons. And saying "everyone disagrees with me" isn't proof of a conspiracy. It could just mean you are wrong. Like I said, it depends on what you mean by mass, but it really does seem more likely that this is just awful people doing awful things and getting mad about it then some massive conspiracy to censor bad press for a free indie game. As for proof? I haven't seen anything for ether side. I could look it up maybe, but I really don't care enough. So all I have to go on is pattern recognition and what's in this thread. Which is mostly just you. And no offense man, but that doesn't look good for the anti Zoe side.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11