Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.  (Read 27076 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Zoegate, AKA the fall of Video Game Media.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:44 am »

<snip>

Why is this notable, and why do you care so much about it? It sounds like you legitimately hate this person for, at worst, doing what most triple A publishers always do (rig scores for their games.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 03:53:21 am »

Guys. There's ISIS beheading people, and raping little girls. There's EU and Russia doing a strange ballet de la guerre froide, the ebola outbreak in Africa is expected to kill thousands more before passing, Israel and Gaza are going full retard on each other, and Icelands biggest volcanoe might erupt so bad that the northern hemisphere will have acid rains for a year..

And you get hyped about some random game reviewer putting his reproductive appendix in some obscure unknown game dev chick?
Damn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:55:59 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 03:54:41 am »

Guys. There's ISIS beheading people, and raping little girls. There's EU and Russia doing a strange ballet de la guerre froide, the ebola outbreak in Africa is expected to kill thousands more before passing, Israel and Gaza are going full retard on each other, and Icelands biggest volcanoe might erupt so bad that the northern hemisphere will have acid rains for a year..

And you get hyped about some random game company employee putting his reproductive appendix in some obscure unknown game dev chick?
Damn.

And you care about that instead of the sheer amount of people dying of malnutrition? Sheesh martinuzz, how about some perspective?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 03:54:56 am »

<snip>

Why is this notable, and why do you care so much about it? It sounds like you legitimately hate this person for, at worst, doing what most triple A publishers always do (rig scores for their games.)

And you get hyped about some random game company employee putting his reproductive appendix in some obscure unknown game dev chick?
Damn.

proves that nobody gives a damn about a certain community which is catching loads of flak for something that it didn't do

this is what this is about for me

and if you're going to ignore it because of isis which nobody is planning to do anything about except maybe the people directly involved, then your mind has less tracks than one

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:42 am »

proves that nobody gives a damn about a certain community which is catching loads of flak for something that it didn't do

Never said that. I just don't care who bangs who (except obviously, children). Free love, dude  ;D
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:05:47 am »

This seems to be blown, way, way out of proportion. Yeez.

From the title I was expecting something like EA being caught having paid of thousands of dollars to reviewers or something.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:11:07 am by 10ebbor10 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:11 am »

There are too many companies that pretty much deserves the title of "fall of videogame media" So it is hard to focus on just one.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:14 am »

The fall? How can something that's already fallen fall again?
Really the amount of corruption isn't what's sensational in this case, it's how amateurish this person went about it as apparant by the shitstorm.  ::)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 04:24:57 am »

The fall? How can something that's already fallen fall again?
They fell so often that they somehow ended up in orbit.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 04:30:25 am »

Weren't game reviewers always basically paid advertising? The only difference here is the currency.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:13 am »

This seems really stupid and completely overblown in every possible way, and seems to be notable simply and solely because people enjoy getting upset about it.

Nailed it. All industries since the dawn of time have had corruption scandals... not sure what's so special about this one.
What's special is that it's happening at this moment. It will pass.

But for now I've got this popcorn.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 04:41:27 am »

What really confuses and alarms me is the absurd amount of influence this one bint has over so many outlets: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/814/053/570.png

DMCAs (which can admittedly be done by anyone, even bogus accounts), reddit purges, website takedowns, DDoSing herself for attention and victim credit, making Phil Fish come out of the woodwork again (which, at least, is guaranteed to cause lulz), not to mention the positive press she supposedly got from screwing various gaming journos (seriously, guys; if you do this, then at least take an actual bribe; with money; you can use currency to purchase goods and services, pussy stank not so much), and the list will probabily expand if you can be bothered filtering through the raging shitstorm and piecing together some semblance of verifiable information.

Guys. There's ISIS beheading people, and raping little girls. There's EU and Russia doing a strange ballet de la guerre froide, the ebola [snip]

Yeaaaaah, no.

But for now I've got this popcorn.
* Something Evil steals some popcorn, proffers several liters of off-brand soda in exchange.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 04:51:27 am »

Yeaaah this seems like a high-quality internet shitstorm. Not really the downfall of the industry, but great to watch at any rate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:23 am »

and if you're going to ignore it because of isis which nobody is planning to do anything about except maybe the people directly involved, then your mind has less tracks than one

I'm going to ignore it because it is so very silly to be outraged about.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 07:49:54 am »

Posting to watch.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11