Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13828 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »

Cool. Although I've got three questions. How did you chose starting stats/factions/victory condition. Not a very important question, but I was just wondering what your general process was and if they are random or you try to make them somewhat aligned. More important question, if a faction plays their win condition in a action phase, does that get resolved immediately and they win, or can the other players try to destroy that player by posting a action in that action phase before your resolve their win? Thirdly, also a important question, what happens in the event of ties? It seems like it would be possible for up to three players to win if all actions in a action phase are simultaneous, but even if it's in order and as soon as a faction wins the action phase is over it seems like it is possible for me and Terenos to win in the exact same action.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2014, 09:27:44 pm »

((Before I decide to make an appropriate character, can I get a basic summary of the status of the games story? Its hardish to follow, and I'm slightly confused.))
Crack-a-lack-a

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:03 pm »

There's not really much of a story. We are all gods, playing games and wagering with our power. We each individually have a story, and we each have a goal that we are working towards, but they don't mesh together into a coherent world or story and they are basically unimportant to the other players.  If you are interested, I am playing a magma man who wants to make the rest of the magma men into a civilization. Terenos is playing a... Gambler/traveler/playboy/noble/god of luck without a currently stated goal? Irony Owl is playing a mermaid who wants to defeat the monsters in the depths of the ocean and be recognized as it's queen or something? Weirdsounds is playing a mummified queen who wants to bring back her lost kingdom. Kashyyk is playing a... I'm going to assume Martial artist but that might be just racism who wants to bring back his clan I think?

Right now we are manipulating events around a dwarven ruin to win a the first in series of games to determines who will win a greater amount of godly power, and who will lose all their power and be kicked from godhood but that doesn't really matter since when you come in that will be resolved and the remainder of us will be starting a new game, possibly with you.

And I just realized a serious downside of the queens rules is that it cuts new players out for three extra games... Damn...

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:51 pm »

Who says they cant be in the background though?
Crack-a-lack-a

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »

Well, I do believe I shall pass the Placement and Action Phases!
Unless something happens.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2014, 12:26:00 am »

Oh. If we are actually moveing to placement, I'll drop a healing potion on my pawn, not needing to discard anything cause of his ability.

HEALING POTION [ARTEFACT] - Heals wounds, soothes pain.  Discard when attacked.  Counts as +3 cards for defensive purposes.  Cost: 1 Card.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2014, 02:34:35 am »

Cool. Although I've got three questions. How did you chose starting stats/factions/victory condition. Not a very important question, but I was just wondering what your general process was and if they are random or you try to make them somewhat aligned. More important question, if a faction plays their win condition in a action phase, does that get resolved immediately and they win, or can the other players try to destroy that player by posting a action in that action phase before your resolve their win? Thirdly, also a important question, what happens in the event of ties? It seems like it would be possible for up to three players to win if all actions in a action phase are simultaneous, but even if it's in order and as soon as a faction wins the action phase is over it seems like it is possible for me and Terenos to win in the exact same action.

Well, if we were playing standard rules three people would need to win/prevail normally anyway, which is what I designed this board around.  However, working with Queen's Rules it's first-past-the-post.  First player to fulfill all victory goals at the end of a Round wins.  If a draw somehow occurs under this system, side with the most Tokens wins.  So yeah, if you get in quick enough you can stop a victory before Round end.  Or secure your own and win on points.  The victory conditions aren't mutually exclusive for all factions - some factions can win equally, but not all factions.

Victory conditions are based on what your intended goal was, and attempted to balance accordingly.  Faction abilities are based on their role in the story, paws are drawn randomly.

And I just realized a serious downside of the queens rules is that it cuts new players out for three extra games... Damn...

Yes.  Yes it does.  I assumed everyone was aware of this when they voted for it.

And yes.  Game automatically progresses to Placement Phase.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2014, 07:35:09 am »

I'll pass placement and action.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »

Pass Placement/Action.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2014, 03:08:41 pm »

I place a Deadly Poison on my pawn, discarding a Combat. I then pass the Action phase.

Quote from: DEADLY POISON
[ARTEFACT] - This vial of clear, colourless liquid is actually a deadly poison.  Good for one use.  Discard as part of an Intrigue attack.  Counts as +3 cards for offensive purposes.  Cost: 1 Card.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:41 pm »

Weirdsound is away, so he's given me autopilot instructions.  Since his instructions mean he wouldn't take an Action, we skip straight past the Action Phase and into Round 2...

All around the mountain that bears Stormrivet, factions wait and bide their time, gathering strength before they strike.  Dwarves sharpen axes, elves cut arrows, a human smith prepares a phial of poison and a handful of magmanarians just sort of amble around pointlessly, eating any rocks that look tasty, much to the annoyance of their 'leader'.

The Supply Phase is underway.  As soon as you have your cards, the Placement Phase begins.

Spoiler: State of the Board (click to show/hide)

Code: (Card Count) [Select]
Varian 5 5 8 
Valer 5 5 8 
Ramespi 5 4 7 
Kwong X 5 5 8 
Mopples 6 6 10
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2014, 07:53:58 pm »

I'll pass placement.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2014, 08:01:12 pm »

Pass Placement and Action phases.

Edited because I can't move. I can't do a damn thing. Sigh.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:34:50 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2014, 05:02:57 am »

Horus doesn't have Deadly Poison, the Mayor does.

The Mayor acquires a SPHINX KITTEN and discards COMBAT, PUZZLE, INTRIGUE and MAGIC ROPE

Quote from: SPHINX KITTEN
[ARTEFACT] - This adorable winged cat will pose fairly simple riddles - and then eat the faces of anyone who fails to guess them.  +2 to Puzzle.  Cost: 4 Cards.

I then skip the action phase
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:09:09 am by Kashyyk »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2014, 06:53:17 am »

Place Arachne's Web: discard Honest Servant, Honest Servant, Glass of True Sight, Magic Rope, Yellow Token, Heavy Shield

ARACHNE'S WEB [UNIQUE ARTEFACT] - You have no idea how this got into the hands of the elves, but you recognise it for what it is - a net of silk spun by the spider-queen Arachne.  If laid as part of a trap, it is nigh-guaranteed to ensnare a foe.  On the downside, the wearer does have constant nightmares about being eaten alive by spiders...
-1 to Puzzle.  Spend 2 cards during a Puzzle attack or defence to gain +6 Puzzle for the ordeal.
Cost: 6 Cards.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21