Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13862 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board One]
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2014, 07:14:37 pm »

Why such violent, uristy see moopple approach him with gigantic swords in both hand. Such a barbaric approach to kill someone, doesnt he understand the concept of art? With all his trap and puzzle boxes uristy failed to even move, it combat paralysis. Maybe he tempted faith too much. Uristy just accept his faith .....
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2014, 08:15:22 pm »

I use my healing potions to keep from dying.

Yep, another day, another assassination attempt. Tiring really, hopefully, once i'm a god, assassinations will become just a funny... dammit, I won't survive this. Dammit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:30:34 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »

You've got 6 cards worth of healing potions. You need 15 cards I believe.

Edit: And, as Iituem posted before, four cards in hand. So...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:22:36 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:01 pm »

In the interim, Criptfiend. Ironyowl. As we will shortly be the only remaining players, and each of us will have a tear. I propose a treaty to last until board 2. We agree, we move to board 2 as we'll thusly simply be able to stack gear until the challenges are trivial. No backstabbing, equal shares of divinity Sound good?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »

Of course. It's pointless to keep it a secret now anyway, since Uristy and the Glutton are both dead. For any watcher who cares, Me Terenos and Ironyowl have been in a alliance for several turns now. Ever since the change to allow one to take a tear by force. And I am interested in continuing that alliance for the rest of this round. Edit: Oh, and also, I did offer the Glutton a alliance way back at the start of the game, I wonder how this would have gone if he hadn't ignored me...

Here is my killing RP for the glutton, as I am fairly confident that he is dead.

The explosion shook the entrance to tomb as fire and smoke poured out tunnels.

"Those kobolds sure knew their stuff" Valer thought to himself. It was a lucky find that a tribe with such a interest in crafting and traps existed in this god forsaken vale. Luckier still that he had managed to make peaceful contact with them and their trapsmiths and sneaky hunters. Of course he couldn't have done it without the help of his acquaintance, Varian. How lucky that he had already met another divinity seeker in his travels, and that he was willing to work with him.

Really, the only bad thing so far was that he had to kill some people to reach his goal. Not that he cared about the Glutton king, but certainly his slaves didn't deserve it. Too bad the Glutton ignored his offer of friendship... Perhaps no one would have had to die then.

"I'll try to make it up to them." Valer though as he reached down and picked up a brilliant sapphire gem that rolled out of the chaos from inside the tunnel. "Once I am a god."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:29:41 pm by Criptfeind »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »

I was friends with terenos, who was friends with you, so I assumed we were friends
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »

Mopples continued whistling a jaunty tune as she savagely beat the dwarf to death. She felt kind of bad, but the dwarf had been gunning for her. Her new allies were probably right- it was him or them.

And of course regarding not stabbing each other in the back for no apparent gain.

And sorry to those not in the loop. It is rather unfair to suddenly get ganked by 3/5ths of the playerbase, though I suppose card games usually aren't very concerned with playing fair.

I was friends with terenos, who was friends with you, so I assumed we were friends
Rather glad this alliance didn't take off. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »

There were only 3 slots for winners. Now admittedly it could have gone down to 1 at any time. My goal was always to be just unkillable enough and survive.

Seems to have worked! Well done my allies.

As far as my alliance with Salsacookies... It held. I would have gladly sided with you unto the end but Cript offered an excellent opportunity to knock you out with impunity. That coupled with Irony taking out Varee meant that we could move to the next board with ease. No one here is particularly greedy. And thats what I needed.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:16:31 pm by Terenos »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

:( ... Next char sheet coming up.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2014, 03:18:38 am »

Treachery is an effective strategy.  How it will fare over multiple games remains to be seen.

Uristy is slain!
Ronald Bones is slain!

While most of their artefacts are lost in the confusion, Bones' Tear and Uristy's set of keys are salvaged from the destruction.  Meanwhile, the Gremlins retreat into the labyrinth to see if there's any good looting, freed from their obligations.

Round 6

By the end of this round, surviving players will find a way past the traps by tracking the Glutton's steps.  However, an effort to bypass the Intrigue challenge can still be made.  The Bones' Knife slinks into the shadows, gone for now...

Supply Phase is underway, Placement follows.

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)

Code: (Card Count) [Select]
Mopples 5 2 5 5  8 6 4  7  7 7 10 10 6 9
Valer 5 1 4 4  7 7 7  10 3 3 6  4  0 3
Varian 5 2 5 5  8 4 4  7  7 7 10 5  6 9

Current Waiting List
Weirdsound (Ramespi)
Kashyyk (Kwong Xing)

Varee
Salsacookies

Going to count Varee as losing first, for this one, so he gets slightly preferential waitlist position, unless he doesn't put up a sheet for a future round.  Since a board only has 5 players, it looks like Weird and Kashyyk will continue on unless one or more of the current Tear-holders bites the dust before the end comes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:22:04 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2014, 03:38:27 am »

This starts to shape up as a mix of Clout and Godhood...i think im gonna join the waitlisters

Name: Corv
Description: a half dessicated warrior in some clearly ancient artifact armor. Of average size and lean build he doesn't look like the prototype ancient warrior of the tales. The Stench of Decay and sickness clings to him.
Backstory: Ancient beyond the knowledge of most living beings, Corv is a legend among warriors. A Soldier who while never defeated in battle started to grow old and sick. Refusing to die in any other way than that of the warrior, he took it upon him to find an artifact armor rumoured to keep its bearer alive from all sickness. Apparently he found the armour and while sicknesses plague him and the rot eats through his body, the warrior is still alive, still seeking a death worthy of a warrior of his renown, although he doesnt really mind staying alive either.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2014, 04:31:51 am »

Play Mithril Blade:
MITHRIL BLADE [ARTEFACT] - A weapon that gleams bright even on a moonlit night, whose edge will cut through steel like butter.  +4 to Combat.  Cost: 6 Cards.
Discard Healing Potion, Healing Potion, Stout Club, Dogsbody, Pickpocket, Combat
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2014, 08:02:41 am »

It's a bit distressing to learn how Terenos was playing the double game. Especially when you consider how powerful trust is in this game. (Consider our alliance. We were allied for two turns basically, first turn we couldn't really quite do anything and just sorta floundered. Second turn was pretty much the same, floundering around not doing anything, and then Terenos decided to trust me 100% and BOOM everyone not in our alliance is dead at the end of that round. The sum of more then one persons hand is greater then the sum of each persons hand individually and all.) Still, it doesn't matter at this point, and I suppose after the pot of gold I knew he was doing a bit of betraying. I seriously doubt anyone will betray anyone now, since they would have to kill two people in the same turn well avoiding being killed by retaliation.

Also my draws are so bad. Q.Q Heavy shield is a awful artifact.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2014, 08:40:49 am »

Uh...Iituem I believe we agreed that our alliance would hold. So I believe our intent with that was to move to board 2.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:46 am »

I don't think Iituem can do that, or even ask about it, because if someone was planning on betraying the others in this case, it would seriously out them. They could tell Iituem in secret, but then the others would know that SOMEONE is planning on betraying them, and thus play super defensively.

On the other hand, that could very well be worth it to avoid a boring game consisting of us three just building up cards over many turns that then blowing though the challenges.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21