Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13839 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board One]
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2014, 06:27:19 pm »

Am off use a puzzle action and boost it with anothe puzzle action. Discarding the rest of my hand to locate the tomb!

With a total of 5+1 Puzzle, Uristy McDwarfy successfully locates the Tomb of Salus!

Uristy, dual puzzle cubes in tow, successfully maps out the valley.  Taking clues from ruins dotted throughout the jungle, he triangulates the Tomb's location and makes his way to the tomb's entrance, finding it concealed within a series of natural caves.  A huge stone door blocks the way, with six slots in the doorway.  These match his keys and amulet perfectly, but beyond lies a corridor filled with perfectly identical square tiles on the floor and suspicious head and waist height holes in the wall.

A new challenge is revealed!  Accessing the Tomb of Salus requires an Intrigue check of strength 6 to unlock the tomb doors and bypass the various traps within.  The one who possesses the Tomb Keys must only pass a check of Intrigue 4 because he still has to pass the various traps within.

Uristy is now at the Tomb of Salus.  All other pawns will arrive at the Tomb at the end of Round 3, although those who play sufficient Puzzle actions can arrive earlier.  You cannot make the Intrigue check until you reach the Tomb.

Round 3

Supply phase takes place as normal, cards are distributed.

Placement phase will follow unless any Supply phase actions occur.

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:07:01 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2014, 07:57:48 pm »

How the hell would i get a tear.... attacking someone would only destroy it.   

Anyone volutteer ti hwlo steal a tesr for ne while i beat these trap?
Gremlin guy wink wink nudge nudge
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2014, 08:02:42 pm »

Attacking someone actually claims their Tear. Or they can discard it to nullify the attack.
Actually good sir I believe we'll all need to beat that trap. Possibly. We'll see. If thats so well I have some fine +Intrigue gear that I may be willing to part with, after I am of course through the traps.

Disregard that pass. Diplomacy awaits.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:21:36 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2014, 12:12:11 am »

Why would they not use the tear and die.....

Anyway i havent get my card ye gm

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2014, 05:04:30 am »

Ah, sorry.  Here we go.

And yes, special rules for Tears.  If you kill them, you take their tear.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2014, 06:34:51 am »

Well, that can't actually happen though can't it. afaik there's no situation where you can kill a person with a tear. Maybe if you have a thing that makes it so they can't use defensive artifacts. But the tears make one immune to a basic attack it seems.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2014, 06:37:56 am »

Only one though. You win that first shot sure, take their tear, but then what defense do they have?

..Hell why not, I'm feeling bold. I play A Mysterious Sack! Discarding 2 Puzzles and 1 Intrigue.

Varian rummaged once more through his pack coming up with a small leather satchel covered in strange markings.

MYSTERIOUS SACK [ARTEFACT] - You bought this from a dodgy looking fellow who couldn't say what was in it.  You were probably robbed.
Discard this card and draw a card.  If the new card is Pawn, Artefact or Faction, you get it for no cost and it immediately comes into play.  If it is an Action, you must either discard it or play it immediately at no cost.  Cost: 3 Cards.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:45:39 am by Terenos »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 06:51:28 am »

The slave alchemist made a potion for me. I did not ask for it so I had him drink it. He instead ran away. Sad really, I was going to promote him for his non-poisoning ways.
HEALING POTION [ARTEFACT] - Heals wounds, soothes pain.  Discard when attacked.  Counts as +3 cards for defensive purposes.  Cost: 1 Card.
Discard PUZZLE
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2014, 06:56:46 am »

Only one though. You win that first shot sure, take their tear, but then what defense do they have?

This doesn't give you the tear. If you attack someone with a tear and would kill them, they discard the tear, I'm not a huge card playing guy, but I am pretty sure that means it's out of the game. Which more or less makes the tear holder immune to that type of attack.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2014, 07:03:46 am »

Ah true, I was mistaken. Well, then yeah gotta steal it with those pesky gremlins eh?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2014, 07:13:21 am »

I use scout and draw 2

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2014, 09:50:45 pm »

Mopples found a shiny. So pretty and red, it glows in the light!

Play Healing Potion, discard Puzzle

HEALING POTION [ARTEFACT] - Heals wounds, soothes pain.
Discard when attacked.  Counts as +3 cards for defensive purposes.  Cost: 1 Card.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2014, 04:48:22 am »

This doesn't give you the tear. If you attack someone with a tear and would kill them, they discard the tear, I'm not a huge card playing guy, but I am pretty sure that means it's out of the game. Which more or less makes the tear holder immune to that type of attack.

Yes.  You can use the Tear to survive an attack that would kill you, but at the cost of the Tear.  I would like to point out that if all the Tears go, everybody loses.  And, like the Gremlins, there are cards that permit taking artefacts without murder.

On the flip side, I am unlikely to use that mechanic for a plot-critical item again... >_>

Anyhow.  Once Valer has taken an action, Round Three Action Phase will commence!

Varian d'Avistral: As you open the satchel, you find... a small tin kazoo.  This item appears to be utterly non-magical, but you give it a blow anyway.  A few moments later, apparently alerted to your location by the sound, your ARCHITECT friend emerges from the trees.

"Oh, there you are."

ARCHITECT [ARTEFACT] - You picked up this engineer on your travels, eager to work wonders.
Retain this card.  When you next place a Faction, discard it to place the Faction for free.  Cost: 3 Cards.

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2014, 05:06:01 am »

well no point in trying to kill someone and take the tear then .....

when the round start i would like to play Alchemist fire and discard the hedge maze
also draw one
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:51:57 am by Varee »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 05:28:46 am »

"Terraldo! You came back to me! I missed you!"

Pass Action phase whenever it happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21