Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13845 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board One]
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2014, 02:18:51 am »

Oh, sorry. Pass.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2014, 06:04:44 am »

Psst someone go for a double back stab right now will be perfect.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2014, 08:25:49 am »

Round 7

After several hours of painful experimentation, the three surviving questors follow the Glutton's lead and find a path through the trapped hallway of the Tomb, using Uristy's keys to bypass the door.  Up ahead, the three of them see a figure in burnished golden armour, winged, wielding a massive sword and streaming fire from every orifice.  To Valer, who has learnt a little more about the history of this valley, you have an inkling that this might be the Traitor, the high priest of Salus who betrayed his god and got him killed (and presumably was sentenced to an eternal hell guarding his tomb).  The path to the centre of the vault is a simple straight hallway, blocked by the Traitor, but there are countless winding passages running off in every direction.

You can Sneak past the Traitor (Intrigue 8), Outwit him and lose him in the labyrinth (Puzzle 8) or defeat him in Combat (Combat 6).  Killing the Traitor will allow everyone to pass, bypassing him allows only the bypasser to pass.

Supply and Placement Rounds are a-go!

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)

Code: (Card Count) [Select]
Mopples 5 2 5 5  8 6 4  7  7 7 10 10 6 9 2 5
Valer 5 1 4 4  7 7 7  10 3 3 6  4  0 3 3 6
Varian 5 2 5 5  8 4 4  7  7 7 10 5  6 9 4 8
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2014, 08:29:48 am »

Do you got a combat action Mopples?

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST

I pulled a very expensive +2 in puzzles artifact, a intrigue action, and a +2 puzzle defense this turn. Pretty rubbish all told, so I'll be passing on both placement and action phases this round.

Edit 2: I actually also have a combat action pulled from last turn, so technically you could give me the blade and I could kill the Traitor if you don't have a combat action Mopples, but I figure we might as well wait until you pull a combat anyway, since we will need more cards in the future and your ability helps here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:00:04 am by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2014, 12:01:50 pm »

I too have a combat action, but I'm about to toss it for what I intend to play right here. In addition I'm holding onto an Intrigue action for any potential further intrigue challenges.

Play
FRIENDLY SCOUT [ARTEFACT] - This fellow knows the lay of the land, and can pick up things you would otherwise have missed.  Each Supply phase, draw 1 additional card.  Cost: 4 Cards.
Discard Combat, Puzzle, Puzzle, Magic Rope

Edit to pass any further Placement and then Action phase.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:35:19 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2014, 03:36:22 pm »

Oh wow. I did indeed get a Combat action. So...

Pass Placement. When my Action rolls around, play Combat (EDIT: against the Traitor), discard Control.

Mopples stretched, grinning and rolling her shoulders. Now this would be fun, and she'd probably become famous!

EDIT: Forgot the slight detail of targeting.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:39:51 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »

Mopples strides up to the Traitor, dual clubs in hands, spinning them in a deadly ballet of blunt instruments.  The battle is short, the battle is close, but Mopples drives a club through the Traitor's helmet and his skull explodes in a burst of flame.  With the Traitor dispatched, the three of you head into the central chamber.

The chamber beyond is a simple hexagonal stone chamber.  Four walls carry depictions of a kindly-looking god in a simple robe; helping the sick; ferrying skeletons across a river; fighting against a cowled figure with a scythe; weeping three tears as he is struck down.  One wall bears the doorway through which you entered.  One wall is blank.  In the centre of the room, rather than the sarcophagus you were expecting, is a smooth granite altar and a simple obsidian knife.

Each of you feel a strange compulsion; to swallow the Tear you hold and cut your own throat with the blade.  This is extremely unnerving.

Expend 4 cards at any time to kill yourself.

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)

Code: (Card Count) [Select]
Mopples 5 2 5 5  8 6 4  7  7 7 10 10 6 9 2 5 3
Valer 5 1 4 4  7 7 7  10 3 3 6  4  0 3 3 6 6
Varian 5 2 5 5  8 4 4  7  7 7 10 5  6 9 4 8 3

Unless anyone takes any Actions this round, the Round will proceed to Round 8.  You may kill yourself at any time you wish, if you have the cards.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:08:29 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Well I don't have the cards. So its up to Valer if hes doing anything.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2014, 05:09:00 pm »

Valer I think has still passed the round, so you now have the Round 8 cards.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2014, 05:14:28 pm »

Well then the question stands. The only way forward seems to be via our death. So...Shall we?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2014, 05:16:18 pm »

Welp. Since this is a card game. I'm going to bet that there are not hidden mechanics. I guess I bet my life on it.

I kill myself. If it matters what cards I discard I discard steal and three intrigues.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »

I shall join the Magmanarian.

Discard Dogsbody, Intrigue, Puzzle, Employ Faction

I mean, either this is the way to progress, or its a trap. And why would it be a trap? Thats just a dick move.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »

Valer puts the Tear into his gaping, magmous maw and draws the blade ineffectively across his throat.  He is suddenly consumed by a blaze of blue flames, flaring suddenly into light and then disappearing without a trace.  The blade drops to the floor.

Undeterred, Varian swallows his Tear and cuts his own throat.  There are a few panicked moments as blood flows freely and waves of pain cascade through his body, and then he immolates with blue fire.  In a moment, not even the blood remains, seared away by blue fire.  The blade drops to the floor.

Mopples finds herself alone in a creepy stone chamber with a glass knife after watching two of her companions commit suicide.  Varian and Valer are dead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2014, 05:34:48 pm »

Mopples gulped. Well, he was a god of the dead, so this made some sense...

Discard Glass of True Sight, Lizardfolk, Friendly Scout, Heavy Shield. Adorable Sphinx Cat and Awesome Traitor's Blade come with me!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »

Woah you got a weapon for killing that dude? Cool.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21