Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13865 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board One]
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2014, 12:24:08 pm »

See above edit. I want a GM audit on cards in Varee's hand. I do NOT think he has enough for this attack.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:46 pm »

It does seem a tad unfair that a player can be taken out of the game (and indeed, denied a almost certain win) because of another players shoddy book keeping basically amounting to cheating (even if clearly unintentional).

Of course, it's also unfair to Varee to put him in a situation where he is very clearly in a easy to kill position (such as auditing his hand to show everyone that he only has one card) simply because of a mistake that in most other situations would be simply laughed off and corrected.

I can't really think of a outcome here that doesn't in some way screw over Varee, Terenos, or IronyOwl. And, obviously, I'm not unbiased enough to say who you should screw over. However, the choice of Terenos does strike me as odd out of the three.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:36 pm »

Spoiler: IO Audit (click to show/hide)
Did my own audit. The weird thing about Varee's wonky card counting is that most of them look like fairly unique cards; even going through it knowing he made some mistakes, there wasn't anywhere in particular I could point to and definitively say "Oh! I get it, he discarded this Combat card twice!"

The round 5 shenanigans are particularly bizarre, because he's trying to discard cards we've never seen before at a time when he shouldn't have that many. I'm almost tempted to wonder if he got an extra supply phase instead of an artifact draw at some point.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:54 pm »

Varian costs 2 extra cards to initiate a action against as his special power. To account for the four card discard on that puzzle action. Which I guess would put him at negative seven cards?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

One problem you have there Irony, is that you draw three cards per turn, not one.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:21 pm »

Those +1 draws are from the dorfs ability, which draws him a card with every artifact placed, the +3 draws are in the supply phase and are accounted for.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2014, 09:24:31 pm »

Varian costs 2 extra cards to initiate a action against as his special power. To account for the four card discard on that puzzle action. Which I guess would put him at negative seven cards?
Ah, right you are. So -4 as of his attack on Varian, and -7 as of his attempted first defense against merfolk thugs liberators.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2014, 06:42:00 am »

After an extensive recount, I can determine what happened.  Varee ended up re-using his hand from the previous turn by accident, perhaps because he forgot to delete the cards from his hand during Round 4.  As a result he ended up using cards he didn't have in this last round.

Without revealing the cards he did have, I can tell you he had 7 cards at the start of the Action Phase, then 2 cards after initiating attack on Varian - even allowing for one of those cards being a Scout card (which he did not keep track of), he still did not have enough cards to overcome Mopples' dual attacks.  (Expect a rule change there for the next game.)

Uristy had enough cards to attack Varian, but not enough to survive the ensuing attacks.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2014, 06:48:50 am »

Well i got my bad book keeping to blame, i dont think i would survive that anyway. I shouldn't have do a+1 attack last time, dual attack is so much more powerful. I guess the plus one is only good for overcoming challenge.
I will go over the cards again if i have time but i dont think i can cough up 6 cards unless i dont attack :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2014, 07:04:09 am »

So he had enough surplus cards, and a puzzle attack with which to kill me?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2014, 07:09:52 am »

Well these are my mental notes.... Might not be 100%accurate.
Spend all card on getting to the temple at end of r2
3 card draw use one scout
R4 3 more->7 drop 3 artifact ->4 cards and attack 3 cards -> one left?
I dont know anymore maybe i cant kill the fool but i think am dead either way

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:11 am »

Also I'd like to see your breakdown Iituem, preferably in the same format as Irony's. Since those two times he went below 0 cards in hand are what concern me most of all.

(Incidentally, My count is as follows.)
5 initial cards +4 draw phases = 17 cards.
Used 2 scouts. -2, +4 = 19 cards.
Played 3x puzzle box. (-3 cards x 3) 10 cards.
Played 4 minor artefacts, (-2 cards x4) 2 cards.
Draw 7 from special ability. 9.

Used 5 to find tomb, 2 puzzle, 1 costs 3 (-card, -2 to support), 1 costs 2 (1 card, 1 to support). 4 cards remaining
Used 3 to puzzle attack Ironyowl. (-card, -2 to support). 1 card remaining as of Turn 5, Acton Phase. Cannot attack me.

So where the hell did those other 6 cards come from? How did I miss 6 extra cards drawn? How did Irony do the same? This is two seperate sets of eyes on this.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:27:59 pm by Terenos »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2014, 09:02:41 am »

Card Count up to just before Varian declares his suicide attack:

Code: [Select]
Mopples 5 2 5 5  8 6 4  7  7 7 10 10 6
Uristy 5 1 4 -1 2 2 -1 2  1 2 5  1  -4
Valer 5 1 4 4  7 7 7  10 3 3 6  4  0 
Ronald 6 5 9 3  7 5 5  9  3 3 7  5  4 
Varian 5 2 5 5  8 4 4  7  7 7 10 5  6   

ALERT!  ALERT!  CRITICAL GM FAILURE!

Initiating Recovery Sequence...

Wow, I fucked up on card counting here.  Through some alchemy, Uristy pulled off an illegal action rounds ago that left him far below where he should have been, and ended up making the attack against Terenos very illegal indeed.

I'm not going to penalise Uristy for my earlier failure to notice his book-keeping errors, so I'm just going to partially reset time instead.

Valer's attack on the Glutton stands.

Ronald's bypass of the traps stands.

Varian's scouting action stands.

Mopples, Uristy and Varian otherwise reset to the start of the Action round.  Reset your hand to what it was before the three-way attack commenced.

Uristy's hand is invalid, so I will deal him three random cards to make up for this.  This is his new hand.  I won't kick him because this is my failure as much as his.

Is this acceptable to all?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2014, 09:23:14 am »

This is acceptable to me.

Although, I have a question, are you going to disallow attacks against/from Uristy for the rest of this round? Otherwise, well, if Mopples/Varian hand is reset that means it's still perfectly possible for one/both of them to just attack and kill Uristy this round. Unless the action round is ending I guess.

Although, more pertinent question, since artifacts cost two cards less for me to play, what happens if I play a artifact that costs only one to play?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2014, 09:25:48 am »

I dont mind if you just mod kill me for making that mistake, I am ok for anything so I will leave it up to the other players then.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21