Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board Two: Stormrivet]  (Read 13860 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pawns of Divinity [Cards/Multiplayer/Roleplay] [Board One]
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2014, 03:54:58 pm »

I use INTRIGUE [ACTION] - An offensive action.  Play this and any other Intrigue cards (each successive card costs 1 card to play and adds +1 to the attack) against a Pawn or Faction on the tomb. I discard nothing, the thief and gremlins negate cost
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »

I'm going to use CONTROL on the KOBOLDS [FACTION] to put Valer the Firesmith in charge Discarding COMBAT.

CONTROL [ACTION] - You may seize control of an unled Faction in place.  Cost: 1 Card.  Discard after play

Not done with actions, but I need to go get supper.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »

Play
SCOUT [ACTION] - Your Pawn discovers new pastures to explore.  Draw 2 cards.  Cost: Nothing.  Discard after play.

"Look I don't even know what you people are on about. Its a dull and boring DOOR! I'm going to go check out this river I found a ways back. I'll catch up."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2014, 06:24:43 pm »

Well well after all the prep work uristy use it on varion the fool
Puzzle varion discard architect sphinx dogsbody mithril blade
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »

Mopples whistled a jaunty tune, doing a little jig as she wriggled through the jungle. Crude stick twirling in her hands, "gonna beat some dwarves, gonna beat some dwarves~" on her lips.

COMBAT [ACTION] - An offensive action.  Play this and any other Combat cards (each successive card costs 1 card to play and adds +1 to the attack) against a Pawn or Faction.  Cost: 2 Cards.  Discard after play.
Discard Control.

COMBAT [ACTION] - An offensive action.  Play this and any other Combat cards (each successive card costs 1 card to play and adds +1 to the attack) against a Pawn or Faction.  Cost: 2 Cards.  Discard after play.
Discard Puzzle. Two separate actions, if that's possible, not one boosting the other.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:52 am »

I use INTRIGUE [ACTION] - An offensive action.  Play this and any other Intrigue cards (each successive card costs 1 card to play and adds +1 to the attack) against a Pawn or Faction on the tomb. I discard nothing, the thief and gremlins negate cost

Intrigue: 6 vs 6  With the aid of your trusty minion, The Bones' Knife and a cadre of arguably helpful minions, you are able to get through the Tomb's door and gum up enough traps with gremlin and slave corpses that you can proceed through into the Tomb!

King Ronald Bones has passed the Tomb Door and Traps.  At the end of the following round, everyone will auto-bypass this obstacle.

Valer smooth talks his way into becoming leader of a rather annoying band of local Kobolds.

Uristy employs his arsenal of traps against Varian, orchestrating a Puzzle attack against him (6 vs 1).  Varian must cough up 5 cards to survive the attack.

Mopples simultaneously attacks Uristy, slipping into the Tomb as Ronald enters with his entourage and preparing to beat the crap out of Uristy (still stuck in front of the traps) with a stick.  She executes a boosted Combat attack (4 vs 1) against him. Unless Uristy can cough up 3 cards, he will perish.

Ronald, you plunge deeper into the Tomb to find yourself in a labyrinthine maze.  This is a strange labyrinth, however, as there is a clear and open path to a shimmering golden room at the far end; the tunnels mostly veer off in complicated ways from the main corridor.  Standing between you and your prize, however, is a figure draped in golden armour, wielding a shining mithril bastard sword, and streaming fire from every orifice.

If you knew the tale of Salus in more detail, you might recognise the Traitor, the high priest of Salus who betrayed him and was cursed to guard his tomb for eternity.  But you don't, so you just see a horrifying monster instead.

You can Sneak past the Traitor (Intrigue 8 Challenge), you can Outwit the Traitor by losing him temporarily in the labyrinth (Puzzle 8 Challenge) or you can just Kill the Traitor outright (Combat 6 Challenge).  Any other action besides Killing him will only allow you through into the central vault of the tomb; Killing him will permit everyone to enter on the following round.

Spoiler: Pieces in Play (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2014, 11:47:40 am »

Alright well. That is also fine.

I play PUZZLE against The Glutton, discarding both of my booby traps for a total of 18 puzzle offense. I discard MAGIC ROPE.

PUZZLE [ACTION] - An offensive action.  Play this and any other Puzzle cards (each successive card costs 1 card to play and adds +1 to the attack) against a Pawn or Faction.  Cost: 2 Cards.  Discard after play.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

Gm i was suppose to use the trap too... , Varrain get +1 from tear too
Drop puzzle intigue and deadly poison

Edit not mopple varian...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:56:42 am by Varee »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

Wasn't Mopples making two attacks? Also is that the puzzle you are using to attack with? If not, I am quite surprised that you have eight cards in hand. Clearly my counting skills are way off.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2014, 11:58:03 am »

Just as Ronald commands his slaves to pull his palanquin forward in preparation for the next step of his plan, he notices that someone has jammed a pair of blinking magical crystals into one of the slaves, who was too exhausted to notice.

Beep... beep... bee-

Valer executes a fiendish Puzzle attack against Ronald(18 vs 3).  Unless you can find 16 cards' worth of defence, this is the end of the road for Ronald Bones.

Rule Clarification

To publicise a rule clarification made in PM, Actions occur simultaneously.  So yes, you can attack while being attacked, but you can't use any of your cards already spent on the attack to defend.  Mutually assured destruction is entirely valid.

And you're right, Uristy.  Varian's defence is 2, not 1, because Tear of Salus.  But you expended the Booby Trap (make that clearer in your attack message next time), so...

Uristy v Varian: (9 vs 2).  Correction, you need to find 7 cards' worth of defence.

Uristy, please PM me with the details of your remaining hand.  Need to do a card count.

And you're right Cript, Mopples is doubling down on her attacks.

So actually that's 3 vs 1, 3 vs 1 on URisty, so he has to find four cards' worth.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:04 pm »

tl;dr

Valer executes a fiendish Puzzle attack against Ronald(18 vs 3).  Unless you can find 16 cards' worth of defence, this is the end of the road for Ronald Bones.

Uristy v Varian: (9 vs 2).  Correction, you need to find 7 cards' worth of defence.

Mopples v Uristy: (3 vs 1) + (3 vs 1).  Uristy, you need to surrender one more card to survive the dual attacks.  You've shrugged off one attack, now you need to shrug off the next.  I only assume Mopples is dual-wielding her sticks.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:41 pm »

Well, alas. I thought he wouldnt be using his booby trap against me, since it was not specified. With a hand of merely 6 cards I cannot defend myself.

But I can kill you just as dead. Discard Friendly Gremlin, Discard Intrigue.

Play Combat. Strike Uristy down with a 4 strength combat attack. (Including my Alchemists Fire.)
Well played to you all. 2 remaining now.

Edit of justice.
Twice now I've run the numbers, Varee cant possibly have enough cards in hand to attack me. I think I'm going to call for a GM audit of his hand count.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:23:29 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »

i  guess am dead too :3

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2014, 12:18:17 pm »

Reading though the thread for a card count is quite interesting. In round two Varee has four cards in hand and spent five to find the tomb. And after a final count he should have only one card in hand at the start of this rounds action phase. (Or two cards in hand if you place him at zero on the turn that he dipped to negative one) although I could have just miscounted (as I obviously did, I thought that Varee had six cards in hand at the start of this rounds action phase) although I've recounted three times now (with different methods) and they agree.

I think, it might be for the best if Pieces in Play has a cards in hand count as well. Although that takes away a certain advantage from players who are willing to pay that much attention.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2014, 12:20:42 pm »

Yes, I was a touch lax in my card counting.  I'll be taking better care of that now.

I invite those dying to roleplay how these events play out, but all I will say is that Uristy takes Varian down, who responds with his own gobbet of flame, while Mopples murders Uristy and ends up taking both the Vault Keys and the Tear of Salus.

Mopples is doing rather well, right now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21