Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: blind date: a sugestion game  (Read 2530 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: blind date: a sugestion game
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 09:36:28 am »

oh ok posters can do whatever they want
That's not actually conductive to a good game. There's nothing wrong with necrozoophilia (err... you know what I mean), but when you're trying to run a PG-13 date game, it's as inappropriate as people having funerals for fallen chess pieces.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 09:39:21 am »

oh ok posters can do whatever they want
That's not actually conductive to a good game. There's nothing wrong with necrozoophilia (err... you know what I mean), but when you're trying to run a PG-13 date game, it's as inappropriate as people having funerals for fallen chess pieces.
oh i dont expect it to remain a date game for long
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:36 am »

look, either approach the girl or fuck the duck. Let's get a bit of plot in before you're off to bed.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:17 am »

i am on my final warning with toady and as apparently talking about social justice is inflammatory i will be closing this game as the whole point of the game was the twist that the blind date was a social justice warrior but im not going to risk the permaban sorry to dash your hopes of romance with the duck

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:36:12 am »

Well again, there's nothing wrong with internet activism (stealing credit cards, though, is a federal crime, and I know it can be hard to draw the line) but making a game with the sole purpose of exposing people to it is a dick move.
Also, and this will sound weird in text form, "show, don't tell". Instead of making the protagonist date an activist, who tells him about social injustices, engage the guy in situations pertinent to your views. This might involve retooling the Aryan Ubermensch protagonist, but so what? Games are made fun by having complications in them.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:00:27 am »

Well again, there's nothing wrong with internet activism (stealing credit cards, though, is a federal crime, and I know it can be hard to draw the line) but making a game with the sole purpose of exposing people to it is a dick move.
Also, and this will sound weird in text form, "show, don't tell". Instead of making the protagonist date an activist, who tells him about social injustices, engage the guy in situations pertinent to your views. This might involve retooling the Aryan Ubermensch protagonist, but so what? Games are made fun by having complications in them.
im confused do you think im in favour of social justice because im not i just wanted to make a story where somebody goes on a date and things go horribly wrong

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 05:44:29 am »

You're... against justice? wat. Next you'll tell me you hate Peace and Motherhood. I can see a debate about what "justice" is and isn't (which is basically the "religious flame-war thread" for atheists) , but being flat out against it? ???

(I realize you're on thin ice, so feel free to reply by PM)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:46:36 am by a1s »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:54 am »

Could we please end this discussion here? I believe that tuypo does not to wish to speak further of it due to being on their final warning. It may be best to let the issue rest.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 [2]