New characters, old rules.
- 0 (0%)
New characters, new rules. < this one is easiest
- 4 (36.4%)
Reset.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 593

Author Topic: New Dawn Academy IC Thread: Back to school, chumps  (Read 224398 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Dawn Academy: IC Thread- Classes
« Reply #3795 on: September 02, 2014, 03:12:00 am »

"Is it better to die for a cause, or to live for none? Would you rather make a contribution, however small to a truly lofty ideal at the cost of your life? To do what most men fear to do, and to suffer eternal damnation for it, for the potential betterment of all is truly a noble fate. A Hero's Fate. Tell me, is that a destiny you are willing not only to accept, but to seize? A wretched existence tempered by the courage of champions? Or a humble, yet prosperous life, one grounded in the earthly reality of life?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: September 02, 2014, 03:12:52 am »

"Nah, if this really was one of those damned novels, a few people would 'ave gotten hitched by now. Or capped. Depends on the writer so to speak."

A cold metallic gauntlet clamps down upon Ailil's shoulder. It was firm, but not harshly so. It was sudden, but not forceful. A gentle sonorous voice, neutral in tone, melodically reverberates into his ears. "Mister Ailil, would you perhaps have a moment to spare? I wish to ask a question of a rather personal nature."
"Indeed."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:43 am »

"Is it better to die for a cause, or to live for none? Would you rather make a contribution, however small to a truly lofty ideal at the cost of your life? To do what most men fear to do, and to suffer eternal damnation for it, for the potential betterment of all is truly a noble fate. A Hero's Fate. Tell me, is that a destiny you are willing not only to accept, but to seize? A wretched existence tempered by the courage of champions? Or a humble, yet prosperous life, one grounded in the earthly reality of life?"
"What do you mean sir?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:58 am »

"Right, your turn to make small talk, 'cause I'm out of damn ideas for now."

"I have prognosticated your future and it seems to shift every time, I know all that may happen yet none of what will happen. You have great potential, but perhaps, it will never see fruition. You have grand strides to take, but perhaps, you will be dead by then. If to pursue that is what you wish, then step forth and claim it. If a life fraught with less risk is what you desire however, then perhaps greater care must be taken and ambitions curbed for the sake of self-preservation."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: September 02, 2014, 03:16:58 am »

".......I'm bad at making small talk."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: September 02, 2014, 03:18:05 am »

"Well, that was a long pause. Something the matter? Yet another bloody skeleton to fill the damned closets of our dorm?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:12 am »

"No. I'm just bad at making small talk."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: September 02, 2014, 03:20:28 am »

"Well, what was life like before you ended up in this joint anyway? Before that war I mean, don't wanna stir up any bad memories..."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:08 am »

Marcus has finished researching his authorities, at least for now.

"Three left: Ram, Boar and Youth."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: September 02, 2014, 03:23:56 am »

"I have prognosticated your future and it seems to shift every time, I know all that may happen yet none of what will happen. You have great potential, but perhaps, it will never see fruition. You have grand strides to take, but perhaps, you will be dead by then. If to pursue that is what you wish, then step forth and claim it. If a life fraught with less risk is what you desire however, then perhaps greater care must be taken and ambitions curbed for the sake of self-preservation."

"I stride where I must but I shall never truly die"

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: September 02, 2014, 03:25:06 am »

"Well, what was life like before you ended up in this joint anyway? Before that war I mean, don't wanna stir up any bad memories..."
"Uneventful. Nothing much to write home about. You?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: September 02, 2014, 03:29:25 am »

"Very well then, I shall not interfere. If you indeed do suffer a cruel fate, alone and anonymous, then, for what it's worth, we will remember you. Even if no one else does."
Pythius begins to glide out of the room, however, right before it crosses the threshold, it turns once more and in a tone laced with perhaps something that sounded suspiciously like hopeful optimism, it softly remarks
"I wish you the best of luck, may you burn brighter and longer than the sun itself."

"Eh, the cliff-notes version? Had a falling out with my folks at home, didn't give a rat's-ass 'bout the family business. Wandered 'round a bit and well, before I knew it, the Layar war had ended and I was left with magic I got stuck with. As for what I'll do when I leave, I dunno, I guess I never felt too alive so I might just go to Africa if that whole Murder Night gig is still on and see if giving and taking a few bullets helps out with that... that's what other people with no future do, 'least that's what the statistics for enlistment say."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: September 02, 2014, 03:31:16 am »

"Heh. You'd be an excellent comedian. You seem wry and witty enough."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: September 02, 2014, 03:33:34 am »

"Maybe. Maybe..."
He stares off into the distance wistfully, or at least seems to. Perhaps he was merely feigning consideration as to protect the feelings of his acquaintance. Or perhaps the entire matter was a mere farce, staged for the enjoyment of it's performer.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:10 am »

"Or an excellent actor."
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 593