Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116721 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #570 on: May 19, 2015, 09:39:24 pm »

We have update!

European buildings! Tunnels! Custom vehicles!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 19, 2015, 09:45:56 pm »

We have update!

Countdown to Mecha commencing...
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:48 pm »

We have update!

I read it as European buildings! Traps! Custom vehicles!

And I was like, why would you need traps in a city building game? "sounds fun" xD

And then I read it again. Too much dwarf fortress :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 20, 2015, 12:29:31 am »

We have update!

I opened 2 tabs, one for this game and the other for cataclysm DDA and i was, wait what o.O? European building? Tunnels? CUSTOM Vechicle??? I dont get it i justed finished a game where i was modifing my... You get the gist. Then realised i was in city skyline tabs.... I really need to go to sleep.

On the other hand, COOL!!! for these addition on city skyline.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 07, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

Ok little bit of a Necro, but who here remembers one of the best games of all time Sim Copter?

...Noone? 
* Greiger feels a little older.

Ok well somebody seems to have started a mod attempting to recreate sim copter in Cities skylines.  You get to fly around your city in a helicopter! with collision and everything!  There seems to be a few bugs still (I had to turn collission off in the options to get off the helipad, but it can be turned back on while flying) but it's pretty darn awesome and I'd love to be able to fly around my cities again, like back in the day when I'd load up my simcity 2000 city in sim copter.  From what it looks like the dev even wants to implement missions like what you had in sim copter in the future.

I screwed around with it a little bit, and while I forgot to take a screenshot of me flying around in the city itself I have a screenshot of me flying over a very nice stream outside the city limits.
http://i57.tinypic.com/fc5vtv.png

The mod itself is on the steam workshop here.  And here's the youtube trailer for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXuex4_B9Q

Simcopter was the only reason I kept SimCity 2000 installed on my computer as long as I did.  If this becomes even half as good I figure this will probably one of the best mods here.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:29:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 07, 2015, 06:31:58 pm »

Dude sim copter was one of my favorite games.  I loved it!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2015, 08:37:10 am »

Ahhhhhh yes, sim copter was amazing. Such huge worlds! amazing graphics! One of the first sandboxes I really got hooked on.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

And the speedo men with glowing nipples! Glorious.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2015, 12:05:07 am »

I've always had mixed feelings about the fact that I think I got my copy after that was patched. I remember SimCopter, though. And the trippy ending scene.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:42 am »

loved sim copter but even more loved streets of sim city, even with all the 45° slopes weirdness

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »

Ok little bit of a Necro, but who here remembers one of the best games of all time Sim Copter?

...Noone? 
* Greiger feels a little older.

Ok well somebody seems to have started a mod attempting to recreate sim copter in Cities skylines.  You get to fly around your city in a helicopter! with collision and everything!  There seems to be a few bugs still (I had to turn collission off in the options to get off the helipad, but it can be turned back on while flying) but it's pretty darn awesome and I'd love to be able to fly around my cities again, like back in the day when I'd load up my simcity 2000 city in sim copter.  From what it looks like the dev even wants to implement missions like what you had in sim copter in the future.

I screwed around with it a little bit, and while I forgot to take a screenshot of me flying around in the city itself I have a screenshot of me flying over a very nice stream outside the city limits.
http://i57.tinypic.com/fc5vtv.png

The mod itself is on the steam workshop here.  And here's the youtube trailer for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXuex4_B9Q

Simcopter was the only reason I kept SimCity 2000 installed on my computer as long as I did.  If this becomes even half as good I figure this will probably one of the best mods here.

Not sure if you're going to see this, but how does the helicopter handle? Does it feel realistic to fly, or is it more arcade-like?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 10, 2015, 07:21:04 am »

Helicopter does not seem to handle very easily right now.  You need to pitch in a direction to move forward or backward, which seems right, but currently forward and backward is controlled by the mouse.  Mouse also controls turning the helicopter around on it's axis which feels a bit awkward.   A and D control pitch to the left or right, while w and s control the speed of the rotors.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2015, 10:21:01 am »

If they just bound forward/backward pitch to W/S instead and up/down to Q/E I'm pretty sure they'd have the original control scheme, which I liked. Using the mouse to turn and move forward and backward sounds weird.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »

Japa's rural station is apparently the seventh most popular cities: skylines mod on steam.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 08, 2015, 03:27:47 am »

What does everyone think of the upcoming dlc?

Looks really good to me, especially for the first one.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51