Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116938 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2015, 07:14:10 am »

So when do we get DF mod with lava floods and rampaging elephants?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:14 am »

So does anyone know how metros work? All i could find while look for stuff about it was 'make sure you click on them twice', which didn't make sense.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 17, 2015, 11:46:29 am »

If they took a YEAR patching it...do you really think it was Paradox's fault? I get that publishers are known to ruin games...but have you ever thought that maybe the developing studio is the problem?

If Paradox would have funded them another year with no release (a terrible business practice really) you think it would have saved the studio?

And then what does that say of paradox? they pick up shit game studios?  Not even sure where to go with this, Im just saying alot of paradox branded things end up in a very patchy release state, even for their own games repeatedly. :/
Definitely true on their own games, though things have improved there. Likewise, for later games, I would probably characterize those studios as more inexperienced with major productions than crap, and it was probably partially because of their own inexperience as game developers going into third-party publishing for the first time early on.  It's part of the reason they stopped licensing their old pre-Clauswitz engine out to modders who didn't have a plan or a clue about how to make the step from game modification to game development.  For every Darkest Hour or For The Glory, there was a Magna Mundi or East vs. West, projects with big dreams that completely bombed in the attempt to translate those dreams into reality, went into massive time and cost overruns, and eventually had to be taken out behind the shed and put down like Old Yeller. 

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #378 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56:51 am »

So does anyone know how metros work? All i could find while look for stuff about it was 'make sure you click on them twice', which didn't make sense.
Plop at least 2 metro stations, make a track between them. Start creating a route, click one metro station, click the second, click the first one again to close the loop.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2015, 12:24:39 pm »

Man, I should boot up cities in motion again... How does the transit in this game compare? Is it fairly nuanced? I'm not sure why I'm putting off buying this to be honest....

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 17, 2015, 12:30:35 pm »

I think its pretty much the same as trains...  both are pretty expensive to boot.
Anyone know how many metro trains the game sets up for a line? 
I know that having 2-4 train hubs = 3 passenger trains at 100% budget.  I ask cause the passenger trains have a limit of 240 passengers and 3 trains with that small capacity is not enough for what population I'm transporting between those hubs.

Saw some mention of a bus only expressway linked with pedestrian paths in the paradox forums, reckon it'll be far less expensive to maintain.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2015, 12:57:55 pm »

You can actually layer several routes on the same station. Just be careful not to cause a traffic jam.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 17, 2015, 01:05:05 pm »

If they took a YEAR patching it...do you really think it was Paradox's fault? I get that publishers are known to ruin games...but have you ever thought that maybe the developing studio is the problem?

If Paradox would have funded them another year with no release (a terrible business practice really) you think it would have saved the studio?

And then what does that say of paradox? they pick up shit game studios?  Not even sure where to go with this, Im just saying alot of paradox branded things end up in a very patchy release state, even for their own games repeatedly. :/

Btw, Love cities: Skylines minus the traffic thing, first good sim city in a long time.

All games I know of these days have patchy releases...and you are making some pretty huge assumptions of what I am saying...straw man much?

Paradox, like every publisher, has its hits and misses when it comes to who they pick up...yes at times they have obviously picked up shit studios...what is your point?
I answered you with a question when you answered me with a question. yawn. When i state paradox ends up in a very patchy release state, im being nice. When I say they pick up shitty game studio's when you say they pick up problematic game studios, you're being nice.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:07:20 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »

but you didn't even answer my question with a relevant question....whatever works I guess

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »

On a side note, from what I heard people really like walking. Place foot paths close to everything and 80% of the population will use them.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2015, 01:29:34 pm »

On a side note, from what I heard people really like walking. Place foot paths close to everything and 80% of the population will use them.
OOOH never thought this would have a good way of working, so never bothered placing a foot path! Now im excited to play again.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »

You can actually layer several routes on the same station. Just be careful not to cause a traffic jam.

I just straight up overlap metro lines everywhere and haven't had any clear problems from it. Maybe one day all my population will be stuck in the tubes, but it doesn't seem to have any negative effect.

I haven't found a way to look and see subway cars moving around anyway. The whole point of the metro is to free the streets for service vehicles.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

If you look while in the metro view you can see your metro trains.  They are the same color as the lines they use so they blend in perfectly though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »

If you look while in the metro view you can see your metro trains.  They are the same color as the lines they use so they blend in perfectly though.

I'm so glad that got through product testing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2015, 01:49:44 pm »

They're not invisible, you're just too zoomed out. (Or you have all your metro lines the same color)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51