Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116894 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »

Aaa this game is fun

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »

@26: Its an infestation... Just waiting for the larva to spawn... and the infections will begin soon after.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:21 pm »

How many times do you start over? I can't seem to get past 40k since I keep starting over. Maybe I should just earn lots of monies and scrap everything.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »

Is it considered released or early access? I know paradox tends to do a lot of dlc, are those generally worth the money?
This is a normal release.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2015, 06:16:10 pm »

I've started over a few times... mostly to try out new maps.  I've settled on the Lagoon. 
Yes, scrap things. It'll hurt, but ya gotta do it if you want to get farther...

Also, education is bad....  Don't have enough people willing to work in my massive lumber industry and it puts a damper on my ambitions to also make a massive farm industry.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2015, 06:32:12 pm »

I've started over a few times... mostly to try out new maps.  I've settled on the Lagoon. 
Yes, scrap things. It'll hurt, but ya gotta do it if you want to get farther...

Also, education is bad....  Don't have enough people willing to work in my massive lumber industry and it puts a damper on my ambitions to also make a massive farm industry.

Imagine Stan from American Dad. He's screaming, "Farm City!" in a high pitched voice right now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:04 pm »

How many times do you start over? I can't seem to get past 40k since I keep starting over. Maybe I should just earn lots of monies and scrap everything.
Make millions, then destroy everything and rebuild with more funds and more stuff unlocked!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »

I've always wondered how I could create the slums, since I didn't see how you could bring down residential happiness, but I've figured it out.

Pollution+Housing=Slums
It also, gives purpose to expanding my healthcare industry...

Time to make a huge ghetto.... and I guess get that 15% achievement.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2015, 08:28:54 pm »

I've always wondered how I could create the slums, since I didn't see how you could bring down residential happiness, but I've figured it out.

Pollution+Housing=Slums
It also, gives purpose to expanding my healthcare industry...

Time to make a huge ghetto.... and I guess get that 15% achievement.

Johannesburg, here we come!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2015, 12:26:13 am »

My roads look like something you'd see in a really hard maze.

Imagine that, in my cities road system.

Now you know how bad my roads are. :P

On the bright side, traffic is barely a problem.

On the other side, its so ugly as hell rofl. I'm gonna spend a lot of time re-doing my roads.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2015, 12:27:18 am »

The real challenge in this game is building an awesome city AND making it look amazing.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2015, 12:37:55 am »

The real challenge in this game is building an awesome city AND making it look amazing.

yes, and being really bad at roads does not help :P The roads look like like an abstract painting rofl. Next time I get on, I'm gonna have to spend some actual time on them. I zoomed out and laughed at how bad they were and I was one who made them :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2015, 12:54:48 am »

Is there a way to make roundabouts manually? I try to make them with one-way roads, but it still places in stoplights. I really want to use roundabouts to deal with situations where I have too many roads intersecting too close, but the default roundabouts take up such a huge amount of space I'd have to erase half my city.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2015, 12:55:11 am »

I have discovered while trying to make mountain rivers, that the water simulation is... funky.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51