Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116960 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2015, 12:30:50 am »

I'm thinking of making a huge city that pumps its sewage up into a high-elevation lake and uses it, undiluted, to power a hydroelectric plant.

In fact, depending on the energy usage of pumps, that could conceivably break even, or possibly even produce net power if the pump consumption is flat while the output scales with drop.
Implemented this. Poop Lake generates about 64MW of power, which is pretty dang impressive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2015, 12:37:59 am »

I'm thinking of making a huge city that pumps its sewage up into a high-elevation lake and uses it, undiluted, to power a hydroelectric plant.

In fact, depending on the energy usage of pumps, that could conceivably break even, or possibly even produce net power if the pump consumption is flat while the output scales with drop.
Implemented this. Poop Lake generates about 64MW of power, which is pretty dang impressive.

Your product key is showing. You might want to fix that.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2015, 01:03:35 am »

Impressive.  Too bad you can't use it to flood an abandoned part of the city or an area upset about tax increases as a test to see if people will still move back into those buildings.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2015, 01:27:57 am »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2015, 01:29:39 am »

I think that screenshot captures whats best about this game.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2015, 02:45:47 am »

Doughnut delivery vans?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2015, 02:52:10 am »

It's... beautiful...

Anyway, I have to say I like the idea of starting in the present day. Come to think of it, adding Data as a connection similar to Electricity and Water would be interesting... A whole different kind of traffic map.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2015, 03:38:06 am »

It's... beautiful...

Anyway, I have to say I like the idea of starting in the present day. Come to think of it, adding Data as a connection similar to Electricity and Water would be interesting... A whole different kind of traffic map.
You mean it's pootiful?

I think you've had too much wine. Perhaps you should shit down. Ha. Haha! Get it? SHIT DOWN. Damnit guys.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2015, 03:56:49 am »

Dammit, I'm in a decision loop here that I can't break. I want it, but I don't want to spend the money I need to spend money to buy it and I want it but I don't want to spend the money....

help
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2015, 04:21:43 am »

Dammit, I'm in a decision loop here that I can't break. I want it, but I don't want to spend the money I need to spend money to buy it and I want it but I don't want to spend the money....

help
All existence is ultimately pointless so you just shouldn't do anything. Shut down the game, turn off your computer, sit cross legged in a closet until the end of the universe or you starve. Whichever comes first.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2015, 04:41:33 am »

My current city. Pay no attention to the giant poop and chemical slick off the southeast end of Los Santos. It's nothing to worry about. Just fertilizer infact! Also pay no attention to our highway interchanges. They're supposed to be like that we swear!

Spoiler: Album of Los Santos (click to show/hide)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2015, 05:40:18 am »

Can you make a round-about with only 1 way roads leading in to it? Will anyone drive on to it? *cackles maniacally*
Yes you can make one. Nobody will ever use it though because they calculate the whole path prior to taking the road and would see no exit.

If you removed a road after they were on the roundabout they will simply vanish and return to their origin point once they get to where the road should have been.
Ah, I figured. Oh well. Will still probably pick this up soon.
What you can do is make a city with no exit road, and people will still drive around in it but be unable to leave. (Or maybe they just teleport out, but I don't really know.)
I was informed previously that if you cut the city off from outside connections it will stop development and eventually die because the sim attempts to path back to the regional highways and such whenever it builds new buildings, and if it cannot find a connection then nobody moves in. No true any more?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2015, 06:18:13 am »

BLARGH I broke down and bought it, but now I'm getting the steam unkown erroe whenever I try to start it-I assume it has something to do with Avast but I'm not sure how to resolve it(I never did this with AVG, but I'm tired of AVG)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2015, 06:26:34 am »

Updated shot of my tiny one block neighborhood. It's doing surprisingly well!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2015, 06:59:24 am »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 51