Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116969 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2015, 02:42:20 pm »

hardly...seems to make sense really...it just means you wont find corpses laying around. In a normal city of thousands of people are you going to notice a citizen transition from sitting in the park to dying to going to the cemetery? most likely not. Lack of attention to a very tiny detail and little else.

That said such details are nice...I would love to see a citizen fall over and an ambulance show up and then hearses arriving at the local morgue to pick them up rather than just scooping them up from a random location.

Two people lived in the city and they occupied different parks. Nobody was noticing anybody.

You expect the game to calculate relationships and awareness of other individuals? once again...game designed for thousands of actors...not 2

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »

So this just blew my mind. Everyone is impressed by fluid mechanics because of dams. But water pumps ACTUALLY USE WATER! If you look closely the current flows into your pumps. The reason my dam stopped having water flow through it is evidently because I was pumping so much water from the reservoir right above it. I don't know if pumping water alone will cause as much water as possible to be pumped out or if it's only as much water as is needed for consumption that's pumped, though. So it may be hard to utilize this intentionally to remove water.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2015, 03:01:04 pm »

I am very happy to see that water is a real thing

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:58 pm »

I actually think that is the problem a lot of youtubers who have been making comments about the dams not working on one of the maps are actually having, they be pumping water out too fast...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2015, 05:11:34 pm »

So this just blew my mind. Everyone is impressed by fluid mechanics because of dams. But water pumps ACTUALLY USE WATER! If you look closely the current flows into your pumps. The reason my dam stopped having water flow through it is evidently because I was pumping so much water from the reservoir right above it. I don't know if pumping water alone will cause as much water as possible to be pumped out or if it's only as much water as is needed for consumption that's pumped, though. So it may be hard to utilize this intentionally to remove water.
It seems to be a very small amount. However, another thing to note are the sewage outlets: those do the same thing, but pushing water away. I suspect you may be able to overflow a sewage pond by pumping enough sewage in for a long enough period of time, though I haven't confirmed that yet.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:20 pm »

I'm thinking of making a huge city that pumps its sewage up into a high-elevation lake and uses it, undiluted, to power a hydroelectric plant.

In fact, depending on the energy usage of pumps, that could conceivably break even, or possibly even produce net power if the pump consumption is flat while the output scales with drop.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2015, 08:21:36 pm »

Can you make a round-about with only 1 way roads leading in to it? Will anyone drive on to it? *cackles maniacally*
Yes you can make one. Nobody will ever use it though because they calculate the whole path prior to taking the road and would see no exit.

If you removed a road after they were on the roundabout they will simply vanish and return to their origin point once they get to where the road should have been.
Ah, I figured. Oh well. Will still probably pick this up soon.
What you can do is make a city with no exit road, and people will still drive around in it but be unable to leave. (Or maybe they just teleport out, but I don't really know.)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2015, 08:31:10 pm »

Is there a way to make one way streets straight when going from an empty point to a road?

When you add to a road it will snap in a straight line but you cant make some one ways like that....and I always make them crooked...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »

Is there a way to make one way streets straight when going from an empty point to a road?

When you add to a road it will snap in a straight line but you cant make some one ways like that....and I always make them crooked...
Make a small secondary road as a base to build the one way off of?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2015, 08:58:09 pm »

yeah thats all I can think of...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2015, 09:36:43 pm »

The aftermath of me accidentally killing a few thousand people:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2015, 09:37:30 pm »

"oops! The roads are clear now!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2015, 09:39:35 pm »

BREAKING NEWS! Mayor Umiman seen running for the hills!

Local clinics swamped. Graveyards conveniently located nearby.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »

This game is 22 dollars now on GreenManGaming.  Here.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2015, 11:48:16 pm »

My first night of city building.
Only real traffic problem is on the West end of The Knot going south into Test Site #4.

I also messed around with stacking up dams
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 51