Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116890 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Gameplay videos out now!
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:44 am »

Forget symmetry.

This guy had his sewage pumping pretty much directly into his water supply and couldn't figure it out.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2015, 11:34:34 am »

dat water flow lol

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

But. . . Pollution is food, right? :P
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2015, 12:00:07 pm »

It's called recycling

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2015, 12:24:05 pm »

It's called recycling
No, it'c called trickle down economics.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 01:23:21 pm »

Funny how the market went degenerated where the more you pay for a game theless you get yet... its a formula that still works for big company. Im just trying to understand the concept and when and where on earth did we become that stupid....
It's important to note, that there's such a thing as inflation. Ie, every year, your money is worth less. A 30 USD item in 2000 would cost 40 USD now.

Oh god, I watched a guy streaming this, and he was so bad. Like, really really bad. It was cringe-worthy.
That has been my reaction to pretty much every stream.
I think it's a natural result from the combination of trying to explain and think at the same time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »

Explaining to others should make things clearer in your own head.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2015, 02:10:13 pm »

Explaining to others should make things clearer in your own head.
There's a thing nicknamed something like 'the curse of the youtuber'. You're having to split your focus between talking near-constantly and playing, which drops your apparent intelligence.
yep. It's the same phenomenon which makes distracted driving so dangerous.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2015, 02:42:42 pm »

Funny how the market went degenerated where the more you pay for a game theless you get yet... its a formula that still works for big company. Im just trying to understand the concept and when and where on earth did we become that stupid....
It's important to note, that there's such a thing as inflation. Ie, every year, your money is worth less. A 30 USD item in 2000 would cost 40 USD now.

I would be fine with that if my paycheck reflected that change...but it doesn't. Not to mention I can't pay $70 for a new game...to me that's absurd...especially when most are mediocre games with a pretty mask for graphic junkies to get off on. I will take my great game with crappy graphics for half the price thank you very much (This game though, does not appear to have crappy graphics)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »

Oh I know...trust me I know. It's exactly why after the 2008 economic crash the already rich are even richer...while everyone is struggling just as much if not more

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2015, 03:13:53 pm »

Wow, I've been watching a few streams of this and it's actually not half bad, seems to be a modern sim city 4 in every way-except better! I might save the cash to get this
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »

I pre-ordered based on watching quite a few videos, and it not only looks visually lovely but also looks like it solves most of the issues people had with SimCity.

I'm stoked. I now, however, need to balance this, GTA Online Heists, and a Law of Evidence assignment...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2015, 05:13:00 pm »

letting youtubers get preview copies is a pretty smart marketing move. It wouldn't work for most AAA games cause the games are usually overhyped by the developers/publisher. But, literally almost, if not all, of the hype is actual legit (not like most AAA games) as they are letting pretty extensive let's plays on it.

Its very rare for a game that markets it like that, to end up being bad...because that shows a huge good sign the developers really believe in their product (granted it still may end up bad, like starforge had videos of lets plays on it but if one was to watch the videos they could see it was bad anyway). But I like that type of marketing a lot more which gives this game a huge kudo point. Anytime I see a used cars salesman type of marketing out to overhype a product, I pretty much don't even bother with the game at all. Unless its bethesda, then I pretty much know if the game sucks or is lackluster in areas, I can mod it to be epic as hell :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2015, 08:45:24 pm »

It's on Steam so the release is going to be in the morning for the American east coast, so shut down steam before you go to bed tonight and relaunch it in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51