Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116867 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Gameplay videos out now!
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2015, 07:07:18 pm »

I still have no idea what I want to do...but I do know I will have one area specially made for sewage/garbage/dirty industry...every city has a slum

Yeah, have some area where its really poor and filthy lol. Probably near industry as that already creates a lot of pollution. And most places (the ones I've seen) near factory districts are pretty much the slums.

Its going to be hard to balance industry with wanting a nice green environment. That will be the most difficult task for me. I'll have to do a lot of planning on that. Maybe in my own map, I'll have a bunch of mountains in the north and to the south is more flat and the industry can go down there along with more large-scale farming. Kind of like going to a desert in California after leaving the mountains, and seeing huge farms all over the place and some factories mixed in. But, it kind of defeats the purpose of having small-large towns dotting around the map with a focus on green and not industry.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »

I would suggest not having a large industry section then...put small areas of industry dotted all around. The pollution should be manageable

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2015, 07:45:24 pm »

Do you get one (expandable) city in this, or do you get a larger worldmap and several regions whose development benefit each other as in Sim City?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2015, 07:50:07 pm »

Do you get one (expandable) city in this, or do you get a larger worldmap and several regions whose development benefit each other as in Sim City?

You get a plot of land (I think it starts at 2km by 2km) and then can buy more plots of land each at 2km by 2km...I think there is 9 plots of land you can buy and you should be able to mod it to an even bigger size. But, each plot of land is the same city...they aren't different regions. Think like simcity 4 with all the different regions, but all on one map.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2015, 07:57:02 pm »

You get one city with expandable city limits.  You can segregate your city with districts and give each district it's own specific polices (This place has farming and X level of taxes, this area is generic industry with Y level taxes).

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »

You get one city with expandable city limits.  You can segregate your city with districts and give each district it's own specific polices (This place has farming and X level of taxes, this area is generic industry with Y level taxes).

Yup. And one thing I like, to expand on this comment, is you can ban heavy traffic (cargo trucks and what not) from certain districts. So since trucks cause a ton of traffic, you wouldn't want them going through residential areas and instead have them go through certain districts. Pretty cool feature I think.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

You get a plot of land (I think it starts at 2km by 2km) and then can buy more plots of land each at 2km by 2km...I think there is 9 plots of land you can buy and you should be able to mod it to an even bigger size.
From what I've seen of quill's videos, the max squares is 25 but, they can't guarantee [crashing and other dramatic events] won't happen if you go over 9, so thats the unmodded max.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »

Different taxes are set by region instead of zoning? No way to set different taxes for industry, commerce and housing in one area?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2015, 08:03:14 pm »

Different taxes are set by region instead of zoning? No way to set different taxes for industry, commerce and housing in one area?
You can set by zoning, by district is just a different way.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2015, 06:48:38 pm »

This game looks really nice. I won't buy it for the moment because I wouldn't actually get around to playing it, but I definitely intend to at some point in the future.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2015, 08:04:16 am »

You have both options. You could set commercial taxes at 11% and then have a specific district which has higher or lower than normal taxes, for example.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2015, 10:06:38 am »

Basically what you would do in sim city 4 with neighboring cities, without the blatant cheat of pollution not crossing borders. Seems nice.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2015, 10:51:07 am »

Oh god, I watched a guy streaming this, and he was so bad. Like, really really bad. It was cringe-worthy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2015, 10:57:26 am »

Oh god, I watched a guy streaming this, and he was so bad. Like, really really bad. It was cringe-worthy.
That has been my reaction to pretty much every stream.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2015, 11:08:06 am »

Yes I have seen a few like that...it bothers me so much when they try and make a symmetrical pattern...but are off...and then don't see it lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51