Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116811 times)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, the spiritual sucessor for SimCity 4.
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »

Well, I sure WANT this to be a good game. Nothing to do, I think, but wait until reviews come in though.
Sips_ did a video on it already.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, the spiritual sucessor for SimCity 4.
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 09:08:07 pm »

Well, I sure WANT this to be a good game. Nothing to do, I think, but wait until reviews come in though.
Sips_ did a video on it already.
As did Quill18. Several, in fact.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Gameplay videos out now!
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2015, 09:13:56 pm »

Not really enough time to go through all those videos, what's the general consensus so far? I can only assume that if he puts up 20-ish videos that he likes it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:32 pm »

This interests me greatly.  If reviews are good, I will buy this.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »

Watching Northernlion playing... its pretty good actually. You can expand your land fairly easily by buying squares the size of the starting area (Up to 9 total sections I believe by default) and things look... nice. Everythings gone smoothly, and I'm interested to see how things go further.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 02:51:29 am »

Not really enough time to go through all those videos, what's the general consensus so far? I can only assume that if he puts up 20-ish videos that he likes it.
To be honest, it looks fun as hell. From what I've seen, anyway.

I'd Let's Play it myself when it comes out... except I have nervousness issues and zero stage presence.
Might have to consider twitchstreaming it anyway, though, if I can get a hold of the desktop.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 03:20:13 am »

I pre-ordered, as the game seems like what SimCity 5 should have been. The official description of this game even states that due to "advanced programming" the game doesn't require cloud connection for computing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:17 am »

2+2=5
is advanced programming. The "Cities" franchise has not been very deep at all. I'll be waiting awhile as more people get a hold of this and poke and prod it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 10:46:37 am »

2+2=5
is advanced programming. The "Cities" franchise has not been very deep at all. I'll be waiting awhile as more people get a hold of this and poke and prod it.

I'm quite sure they are ragging on SimCity Online for being always online "because it needed the servers to do the complicated calculations".
That was obvious BS because people hacked it later to run offline and everything worked perfectly fine.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 11:17:28 am »

2+2=5
Just remember, this isn't the "cities XL" franchise, it's made by the "cities in motion" people. Not sure if you were confusing the two. This is our last chance at a good city builder for the next while, so fingers crossed that it's good!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:53 am »

2+2=5
Just remember, this isn't the "cities XL" franchise, it's made by the "cities in motion" people. Not sure if you were confusing the two. This is our last chance at a good city builder for the next while, so fingers crossed that it's good!

Oh? Hmm. I assumed. I stand corrected then. I will still wait. Cities in Motion has its own shortcomings.

The lower case t in Cities threw me off. That's closer to Cities XL's and less Motion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:24:53 pm by BigD145 »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »

Posting to Watch + make an LP for my younger siblings when the time comes.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 07:58:18 pm »

I had 15 USD in steam wallet, for someone buying a 15 dollar card worth 3 cents.

So I used it and my own money to get preorder deluxe. Its not really needed, I just wanted extra goodies.

Been watching quills videos on it. Looks amazing. And people don't randomly disappear if you follow them. That killed every Sim city game I played for me. I really really hated disappearing people so much that I pretty much took back old Sim city games lol. Never played new Sim city, but I imagine people randomly disappear in that one too. A game breaking mechanic for me.

Looks vastly better.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 09:22:50 pm »

I never minded the abstracted people and traffic from SC4 and earlier, evendors if it madequate the strees pretry ugly up close. BAD agent based systems, like traffic in the new Sim City, do bother me though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 09:25:20 pm »

I never minded the abstracted people and traffic from SC4 and earlier, evendors if it madequate the strees pretry ugly up close. BAD agent based systems, like traffic in the new Sim City, do bother me though.

yeah, most people probably wouldn't even be bothered by abstracted people and traffic. Me, it is a game breaking thing. It can be the best game in the world of any genre, but I wouldn't play it if people randomly disappeared or like in assassin's creed walk around like scary ass horror inducing robot things that are scarier than human centipede (which is actually funny to me and not scary, but you get the point).
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51