Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116884 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2015, 05:58:25 pm »

If all this has been done in such a short time after release, I wonder how long it would be before someone makes it so that you can play it similar to GTA when you use first person mod.

Edit: Looks like they announced their stance on piracy of the game.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2015, 06:04:05 pm »

If you have to patch once a day every day for a month then you've failed at making software.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

Seriously companies as I said... Piracy only hurts your game if you make a BAD game.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »

It's hard to pirate a game that changes each month meaning you're going they're going to have to download each time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2015, 06:25:52 pm »

It's hard to pirate a game that changes each month meaning you're going they're going to have to download each time.

No, actually you just wait a month and go play something else. Then come back when things settle down. By then you'll know if the game is worth it in the first place. If it's garbage you won't even bother buying it on sale in 6 months.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2015, 06:36:29 pm »

I think its a great way to fight DRM and Piracy at the same time...Offer better service...what a novel idea. Fairly clean releases help too.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2015, 06:37:10 pm »

If you have to patch once a day every day for a month then you've failed at making software.

Something tells me you have never made any sort of software like this...and just like being a negative cynical bastard

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2015, 06:39:35 pm »

Something tells me you have never made any sort of software like this...and just like being a negative cynical bastard

Yeah I mean goodness. Who ever heard of a game that was thoroughly tested and programmed before releasing. COMPLETELY unrealistic.

We are in the days when Rome Total War should be considered the stamp of quality... or the base release of The Sims 4.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:41:55 pm by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

The first one or the second? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2015, 06:54:42 pm »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:50 pm »

Yeah I mean goodness. Who ever heard of a game that was thoroughly tested and programmed before releasing. COMPLETELY unrealistic.

We are in the days when Rome Total War should be considered the stamp of quality... or the base release of The Sims 4.

And no...that day and age is gone...

That was done back when thorough testing was necessary and meant your game sold or never made it anywhere. Now, since developers can deliver instant patches such testing is a waste of money and unnecessary

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2015, 07:04:03 pm »

Games once upon a time lived and died on having a really good release.

On the one hand, that meant only the best-quality games got to truly live on.

On the other hand, that meant that games that could have been gems died before they could be fixed.

One must accept the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. Besides, plenty of games that made the spotlight still suffered bad, sometimes debilitating bugs that were only fixed by fan work. Now, the companies that make the games can fix the problems within days of release, giving them the chance to make the game as good as possible, something old publishers didn't get.
Nothing important here, move along.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2015, 07:23:13 pm »

Anyone know of a game with similar specs that offers a demo/are free?  I want to test out if my computer can run the game before buying it, and as this one doesn't offer a demo, I have to test my computer's ability to run it through proxy.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:06 pm »

Games once upon a time lived and died on having a really good release.

On the one hand, that meant only the best-quality games got to truly live on.

On the other hand, that meant that games that could have been gems died before they could be fixed.

One must accept the good with the bad, and the bad with the good. Besides, plenty of games that made the spotlight still suffered bad, sometimes debilitating bugs that were only fixed by fan work. Now, the companies that make the games can fix the problems within days of release, giving them the chance to make the game as good as possible, something old publishers didn't get.

Gear Up springs to mind
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51