Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51

Author Topic: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! New Industry DLC!  (Read 116889 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines, The Sim City we all wanted! Out Now!
« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:23 am »

Oh god, that is horrifying.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 15, 2015, 03:56:54 am »

My cities never look nice like others do :( almost all straight lines ;p
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:53:03 am by Japa »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:00 am »

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=41.590833&mlon=-93.620833&zoom=12#map=16/33.4612/-112.0377

I should make that into the game. The highway intersections here resemble... knots.

That is built for very specific highway traffic patterns, mostly being a function of highways going in the same direction but being offset by half a mile instead of being connected in a straight line. Connecting a east/west highway to a different east/west highway via a north/south highway can get complicated, especially when close together.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 15, 2015, 09:09:26 am »

PSA. Delete bus stations before redesigning your entire road network.

Now I have a bunch of empty bus stops I cant get rid off and people gather there waiting for non-existent buses.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #336 on: March 15, 2015, 09:44:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oops...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 15, 2015, 11:11:57 am »

So I've been playing this the last few days, and I've stumbled into a major problem.

Deathcare.

It seems that no matter how many crematoriums I build, there just aren't enough hearses to pick people up. After placing about fifty crematoriums, I finally discovered why. A lot of the hearses were moving onto the highway, to a building that was literally on the other side of the city, instead of the building that was right next to them.

That's probably part of the reason why Deathcare and garbage collecting is so bloody difficult.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 15, 2015, 11:36:05 am »

It's I find having cemeteries and landfills solve those problems somehow. Also cemeteries have more vehicles to more bodies.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2015, 11:46:51 am »

Cemeteries and landfills set to empty that are empty will use their vehicles to transport to crematoriums and incinerators, respectively.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2015, 12:10:46 pm »

So I've been playing this the last few days, and I've stumbled into a major problem.

Deathcare.

It seems that no matter how many crematoriums I build, there just aren't enough hearses to pick people up. After placing about fifty crematoriums, I finally discovered why. A lot of the hearses were moving onto the highway, to a building that was literally on the other side of the city, instead of the building that was right next to them.

That's probably part of the reason why Deathcare and garbage collecting is so bloody difficult.

i wonder if districting makes them prioritize the district they are in.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2015, 01:06:11 pm »

IIRC garbage collection trucks do pick up whatever is along the route they take, even if it isn't their actual destination, so it's a bit less of an issue with that (depending on how you lay out your city, landfills and incinerators). The relatively low demand for deathcare (assuming your residential land and water aren't polluted) makes the issue a decent amount worse, since you don't need so many facilities to handle the amount, but that means that it's easy to not have enough vehicles to actually get where it's needed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2015, 01:18:48 pm »

The essential mods for the lazy:
Auto-bulldoze abandoned and burned buildings  Best Mod.  You can choose in-game what type to not bulldoze, I only use it for burned buildings, since abandoned buildings go away on their own.
Automatic Landfills and Graveyards 2nd Best Mod.  Landfills/Graveyards will automatically empty out when full and will automatically start working again when empty.

This one is another awesome one...
Upgrade roads, 1-way to 2-way and back.

Also, fire.  I've found out why it sucks.  If you have more then 1 fire station with connecting roads....  Fire trucks from across the city, despite there being a much closer fire station with unused trucks, will try to get to the fire.
Fun Fact: 'Your' buildings can and will catch fire...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:29:40 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2015, 03:28:24 pm »

PSA. Delete bus stations before redesigning your entire road network.

Now I have a bunch of empty bus stops I cant get rid off and people gather there waiting for non-existent buses.

Those people are probably just homeless people living in your abandoned bus stops.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »

Dunno why but I thought this shot from my city was just really nice.

You can get some really nice screenshots using the dynamic resolution mod as well.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51