Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 7  (Read 7899 times)

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 7
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »

Ugh, i for one dont understand the "dwarf faction has too many dwarves" thing. Haven is the same way, and none of them are particularly imaginative. Undead in heroes 5 had skeletons, zombies, ghosts, vampires, liches, wraith? Fortress, like Haven, are Empires of a race, it makes more sense they field their own troops and it truly feels like they're on their own against hordes of others. Some factions being mixed creatures makes sense but just for diversity having Haven/Fortress be more structured around their own might. Thats why the swordbarer interests me, this is a guy so good with a great sword hes on the same tier as a titan, interesting.
Of course Heroes 7 could change it, i imagine Basilisks would make sense in Fortress as a high tier unit. I think they're fine as long as they fill a variety of roles. Besides, they're literally the wardens of the demons keeping them in check :P powerful dwarves

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 07:45:53 pm »

The only problem I had with 5's Fortress was that it wasn't 3's.

I want my lizardy people again, damn you.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 09:00:27 pm »

Did you enjoy Sancturary? :o they were reptile/snakey people with japanese elements

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 10:12:03 pm »

Did you enjoy Sancturary? :o they were reptile/snakey people with japanese elements

Never played VI, and a part of what I loved was the previous culture influences in a swamp culture. Looking at some of the Sanctuary units I'm rather sure I'd have wanted nothing to do with them.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 11:31:51 pm »

The dwarves in V were... hmm... I never really play as them outside of my campaign run through. They're very defensive so more of their units rely on being hit by the enemy before they do anything, like the standard shield dwarves who reduce charge damage the further away it starts from. Runes were something I never really used all that much either, boosting units each combat got a little annoying. Plus I seem to remember their units had some really loud heavy breathing sound effects that got irritating.

As for HoMM7, I would like to eventually get it if it raises my interest, however since it's probably going to come with uPlay like HoMM6 did, I don't see it happening until it doesn't require it anymore.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 11:34:38 pm »

I wanted to like them but for some reason I just could never get into them aesthetically or story wise or even through concept.

They really stand out given they are essentially a Japanese nation in Fantasy Europe.

I don't dislike them though.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:01 pm »

So what we have with HoMM 7 is basically a reverse innovation. They went too far with HoMM 6 and now they're backpedaling heavily.

I haven't noticed any new features that weren't in HoMM series before...

(bring me back my cool roman )
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:01 pm »

Ahh I see so HoMM 7 is pulling a Romance of the three Kingdoms!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:55 am »

How does six factions condense into three kingdoms? Or what did you mean?
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

Heroes of Might and Magic 7 is a sequel to an earlier game in the series gameplay wise.

Just like what Romance of the Three Kingdoms does.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 02:36:14 pm »

Well, it is more reminiscent of Heroes 2 to Heroes 3 transition, where they just added more stuff in general. Although in this case it's more like "old tested stuff" but hell, this is Ubisoft we're speaking of.

Now, if this was more like Heroes 3 to Heroes 4 transition... but Ubisoft would never try something like this.

Also, can somebody tell what the story of Ashan is, and why it is supposed to be more interesting than a bunch of abandoned interstellar colonies?
._.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »

Ugh, i for one dont understand the "dwarf faction has too many dwarves" thing. Haven is the same way, and none of them are particularly imaginative. Undead in heroes 5 had skeletons, zombies, ghosts, vampires, liches, wraith? Fortress, like Haven, are Empires of a race, it makes more sense they field their own troops and it truly feels like they're on their own against hordes of others. Some factions being mixed creatures makes sense but just for diversity having Haven/Fortress be more structured around their own might. Thats why the swordbarer interests me, this is a guy so good with a great sword hes on the same tier as a titan, interesting.
Of course Heroes 7 could change it, i imagine Basilisks would make sense in Fortress as a high tier unit. I think they're fine as long as they fill a variety of roles. Besides, they're literally the wardens of the demons keeping them in check :P powerful dwarves

Thats one of the reason a lot of people dislike heaven also. The thing is, taking any unit, like minotaur and making a faction from them, with different variation and weapons  is just boring for a lot of heroes fans. Thats the thing that happened with dwarfs, and elves in UBI heroes  era. Having one basic unit with different weapons is not good (especially if there are 5 or 6 of them). There is no problem that you like it, you are not the only one, but majority (same as me) did not like the new fortress faction because it had very similar units and very little diversity, as same as heaven faction. They can be done good, as any other faction if they include more interesting units and not only dwarves

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2014, 03:38:55 am »

Heroes of Might and Magic 7 is a sequel to an earlier game in the series gameplay wise.

Just like what Romance of the Three Kingdoms does.
From what I understand, they also bombed on their last game, making it more akin to a Facebook game rather than something with the strategy and depth of its predecessors... so despite my previous comments on wanting nothing to do with another $50-$60 cash in, I really wouldn't want to see something like that happen to Heroes of Might and Magic.

I hadn't though of RotTK in a while, and moments later I find myself reinstalling a copy.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 09:43:55 am »

Hm, it looks like that we gonna have a decent HoMM game again. The last one -which I enjoyed- was HoMM 3. HoMM 7 feels like a visually upgraded HoMM 3.  8)

Latest news: Necropolis's Might Heroes have been revealed!
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/necropolis-s-might-heroes

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:24 am »

Diplomacy? On undead heroes?

What?
._.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6