Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 7  (Read 7911 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 7
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 11:20:01 am »

Wait a sec...
No one, at least in-game, eats to my knowledge.
And what sports?

And what are the favourite foods of the other races, hmm? Besides, I like Inferno that way. Lets me fill in the blanks and whatnot.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 11:27:25 am »

The demons are actually Kreegan who are space aliens:

http://heroesofmightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Kreegan

http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Kreegan

What world is the new game set on? I haven't played any Heroes games past number 4. That's the one with Gauldoth Half-Dead, coolest protagonist in that game.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 11:29:26 am »

Ashan, supposed to take place between 5 and 6, i hate how they keep jumping time lines and since i dont play campaigns, not sure how the story fits. Basically, human empire in shambles, war is looming blah blah vote fortress so we can get some cannons ;)

I love reading about the races feelings towards other races, like how Demons feel about the Undead, that is a kind of epic match up, two hordes of horrors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:41 am »

I like the Inferno too.

But if you want to know why they aren't winning... the fact that they are pretty much one note story wise with no real interesting characters or beings... is why people aren't voting strongly for them.

Add in that tactically they aren't well liked either and in some games they were brokenly bad (or so I am told).

Mind you "Dungeon" tends to be in the same situation and they are even less of an entity faction... but I always liked them as a campaign faction who are basically supposed to represent a monster hoard.

Also I thought the Undead dislike the Demons... and even the Undead are a lot more pragmatic than evil.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 11:35:26 am »

Add in that tactically they aren't well liked either and in some games they were brokenly bad (or so I am told).

They were on the weak side of things in HoMM3, yes.

I don't know, I just don't really play games like HoMM for the nuanced story and characters and blah blah just give me lite RPG heroes and armies and WAAAAGH.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 11:39:55 am »

They were on the weak side of things in HoMM3, yes.

I don't know, I just don't really play games like HoMM for the nuanced story and characters and blah blah just give me lite RPG heroes and armies and WAAAAGH.
Referring to fortress? Inferno poll isnt up yet but i doubt they'll stand a chance. Angsty brooding anti-heroes are pretty much dominant and Dark Elves are all over that. I actually dont really like the "mixed army of monsters" thing. It works for some races, but i enjoy Haven and Fortress accurately fielding their own armies instead of a bunch of beasts.

Also i think the Swordbarer might be like the one from Clash of Heroes, SwordMaster was an ultimate haven unit and he was pretty awesome.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 01:33:08 pm »

Speaking of lore, they just released lore on the Elves to give people even more incentive to vote for them =/ Dwarf lore comes later, as usual

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »

It's still kinda shit compared to what five had. A goddamn sparkly bird.

And what did heroes 5 had on release that is shit in H7? A lot of good things in h5 where implemented in expansions not in the vanila game.

Anyway, when it comes to lineup of factions i will always be for 6 basic factions: Knights/Humans, Wizards, Soceres/Sylvan ,Warlock/Dungeon, Necros, Stronghold. That should be in every heroes release, after that they can add new towns like inferno, fortress and similar in expansions.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:07:17 pm by ragnar119 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2014, 02:22:22 pm »

Complex or even dark plotting is not the start all and end all of storytelling no matter what people will tell you.

Mind you the old universe did manage to have a few deep moments here and there fully explored in its non-heroes games...

Mind you I think Dark Messiah's story was pretty good... but suffers from "Alternate endings where... one ending makes absolutely no sense"

Though some of the RPGs were good...

Hey remember when Heroes of Might and Magic had RPGs with multiple characters who went on these long journeys together?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:24:04 pm by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

What, like Crag Hag, Yog and others? Or do you mean M&M1-9?
._.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »

Theres a #10 now i need to get

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Here are some more art:
Gargoyle (thank god its not the shity one from H5)

Note, the next pick has some creatures for heroes 7, but not all, as it was done actually for heroes 6 that was never made, and some of it is used for heroes 7:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:12:12 pm by ragnar119 »

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 04:24:59 pm »

Apparently they'll be designing some of the units for the winning races based on community feedback. Any particular Dwarf units you all would like to see? I'm thinking they need some kind of dwarven artillery, hellfire cannon :P or rune clad Battle Smith.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 04:25:52 pm »

I am probably one of the few people who actually REALLY dislikes the Dwarves in Heroes of Might and Magic.

In fact they are probably the only faction in the series I actually outright dislike... Even the elemental group in all its incredible boringness, I liked more then them.

So what is the unique faction going to be anyhow?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:31:25 pm by Neonivek »

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 04:35:38 pm »

I am probably one of the few people who actually REALLY dislikes the Dwarves in Heroes of Might and Magic.

In fact they are probably the only faction in the series I actually outright dislike... Even the elemental group in all its incredible boringness, I liked more then them.

So what is the unique faction going to be anyhow?

If you are talking about fortress in heroes 5, you are not alone, and actually majority of people didnt like dwarf faction, because of too many dwarves in lineup. I am also one of the people that does not like dwarves, and think they should be  with elves like it was in older heroes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6