Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 7  (Read 7912 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 7
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:59 am »

Also I find it odd that only the Academy champion units have names for the upgraded versions...

I imagine the rest just haven't been added yet. Though, Magic Bird is a pretty lame name for a champion unit.

Also,
PTW

If you want to get technical... magic and arcane mean the exact same thing in both connotation and denotation.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 10:28:27 am »

It's still kinda shit compared to what five had. A goddamn sparkly bird.

In any case, nothing too exciting, mostly because they seem to be focusing on flashy stuff a bit much imho. Also cover, fucking cover, does it have to be shoved into every goddamn game out there??

I do like how the town screen looks like something out of a FB game or somesuch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:17 am »

I kind of liked converting towns, and i loved the two upgrade variations in heroes 5! Where did you find all that information btw i thought i combed the website :D

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 10:36:00 am »

Also no inferno, fuck that shit even more.
AS - IG

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 10:44:43 am »

Also no inferno, fuck that shit even more.

You obviously didn't see those two sexy '?To be voted?' question marks next to the other towns. Sure one of them is the boring ol' elves v dwarves, but what's the other one going to be? Swamp. Pfft.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm really too burned to invest into this before there's more than just early hype to chew on.

edit:
I just noticed that apparently the next vote is dark elves v inferno. Personally I would have just thrown dark elves in with either the necro or the elves. Having a nation with a bit of light and woodsy and darksy mix with the elves could have been interesting.

But hey, at least there's no chance that inferno is going to lose that vote, right? Right?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:49:27 am by Delta Foxtrot »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:23 am »

That whole vote thing is just stupid imho. It's like someone is making a WH40k game and making people chose wether it will have Orks or Chaos at launch.

Seriously, pretty much all HOMM games so far have had the same release factions and everybody got used to that. They're just dividing people now by making them chose shit they should not be choosing.

And maybe if they didn't spend all their money on an engine that they didn't really need they'd have the cash to get all the factions in.
AS - IG

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:53 am »

That whole vote thing is just stupid imho. It's like someone is making a WH40k game and making people chose wether it will have Orks or Chaos at launch.

What could go wrong?

Heh, I'm pretty much in agreement with you here. Well, I'll tune back in a few years and see how it fared. Hopefully it does well.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:42 am »

Pretty sure inferno will get stomped by dungeon, so we'll end up having elves and dark elves who are basically identical in style. (but one of thems darker) unless we get a huge influx of Fortress votes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:00 am »

Wait, they might cut out Inferno?

UBISOFT MUST DIE! KILL THEM ALL!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 11:11:34 am »

Isn't Infurno the race no one plays and has absolutely no nuance?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

No, Inferno is the race I always goddamn play. So there. And what do you mean, 'no nuance'?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:23 am »

Inferno had gating which i thought was pretty cool. I wonder what they mean, you said they'd re-do sylvan/fortress/academy from the start? But Academy is more or less the same, different names and now the phoenix is 'magic bird' and a unit.
I'll vote inferno, because elves can suck my beard

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 11:16:05 am »

Dark Elves in M&M 8 were less nature focused than the normal elves. They relied on mercantilism and were the most powerful group on their continent because of their wealth. They also tolerated all the races in their towns, even monstrous ones and traded with them. They didn't seem evil to me. I think they were called Dark Elves for their skin color primarily. Jadame was a weird continent though. Despite the names it was hard to decide which was morally worse, the Temple of the Sun or the Necromancers. The necromancers did have a hidden skeleton generator so probably them, but the Sun priests all carried tons of gold and there weren't any instances of them healing commoners for free or such despite having the ability. There was another reason too that I forget why the Sun priests were kind of bad but still that skeleton generator trumped it if I remember correctly.

Choosing between Dark Elves and Inferno would be tough for me, especially because they both would be good to see included. Inferno probably would be my choice as it's from other Heroes games, but I also would like to see stuff like Jadame races added too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:18:58 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

No, Inferno is the race I always goddamn play. So there. And what do you mean, 'no nuance'?

Well, mostly that they were EVIL!!!

What was their favorite food? EVIL!
Hobby? EVIL!
Favorite sport? EVILYMPICS!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 11:18:52 am »

They're freaking demons from a freaking hell dimension. What kind of nuance would you expect??
AS - IG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6