Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic 7  (Read 7890 times)

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heroes of Might and Magic 7
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:51:39 am »

Has been announced, https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog didnt care for 6 very much but in the gameplay video it looks more like Heroes 5, which is a good thing for me.

Interview and gameplay here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHVvrlO_ks

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Might and Magic 7
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:46 pm »

Oooookay. Cool.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:47:57 pm »

Nope, fuck Ubisoft with a iron pole.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »

sometime i just want to forget that Ubisoft exists

i'd like to vote for the dwraves but it seems you need a Uplay account and i'd rather jump off a cliff then have one of those
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:10:31 pm by SharpKris »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:23:41 pm »

From what I can see on that site, the (core/elite/champion) thing remains. Also ridiculous anime-esque design.

And they returned to the old resource system.  I distinctively remember them vehemently defending the simplified resources, and now they're going back on their word? Fuck those guys.
._.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 03:38:51 pm »

From what I can see on that site, the (core/elite/champion) thing remains. Also ridiculous anime-esque design.

And they returned to the old resource system.  I distinctively remember them vehemently defending the simplified resources, and now they're going back on their word? Fuck those guys.
Different developers, this ones being done by Limbic, who did Might and Magic X:Legacy (which i still need to play) But at least they're listening to the community more, having them choose the last two factions too.
I 'think' the spellbook was more Heroes 5 than 6, i havnt played 6 in awhile but i remember not liking the hero leveling/skill system nearly as much as fives.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 05:24:43 pm »

Gonna bet that they're specifically going to keep the factions that lose in the votings for DLC content.
*grumble*
I'm honestly not willing to bother with the new HoMM games anymore. Might have to do with the new universe being the most bland thing ever (I mean, the old one at least had SOME originality in the form of the sci-fi backdrop, and I liked that, but even then it was not exactly a truly one-of-a-kind concept) or the questionable over-the-top art direction...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 07:28:00 pm »

I logged in to vote for dorfs... and thye will most likely lose. It's 67% for elves sadly... but hey chances are they will be added as day one DLC!
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »

I logged in to vote for dorfs... and thye will most likely lose. It's 67% for elves sadly... but hey chances are they will be added as day one DLC!
The thing about that is, its been stuck there for five days, so it may have changed. Course, it may just shift 90% elf 10% dorf given their popularity.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:49 am »

I'll stick to HoMM 3. Rebranding it "Might and Magic: Heroes" and the uPlay bullshit left a bad taste in my mouth from 6, and I didn't feel like the campaign was all that great.

Not gonna bother on this one.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:21:53 am »

I am a huge heroes fan, back from heroes 2.

Some more info about the game that i got from HC:

- they only have money for 6 factions
- the two loosing faction won't come as dlc (but if the game sells good, they can come in full expansions)
- Townscreens will be animated 2D, every building will be shown
- 7 ressources (the new ressources won't be named sulfur, gems and quicksilver because those don't fit Ashan)
- you won't be able to change a town to another faction after you conquered it (no town conversion)
- no global growth
- caravans are back
- warmachines are back (ballista, first aid tent and catapult are mentioned)
- 7 nonlinear campaigns with 4-6 maps each
- you can do the last campaign of the game whenever you will, but this will result in an increased difficulty because you missed things from the other campaigns
- the skillsystem is a skillwheel as in H5
- you have to choose which of the two champion creatures you want to build (similar to H4)
- the current interface is a prototype and not final
- there will be more objects (especially obstacles) on the battlefield
- the game uses the Unreal Engine 3
- an editor will be shipped with the game
- Destroyable objects on the Adventure Map like bridges etc
- Skirmish and Duel modes are already in, and Hot Seat support is confirmed.
- 6 schools of magic
- Heroes 7 Haven is based on the brutal Wolf Dutchy, not on the holy Griffin one from Heroes 6.
- Campaign-only creatures will be available for Ivan, and possibly, someone named Sheymus. One of those creatures will be the Griffin.
- Bosses are confirmed.
- Reputation system most likely will NOT return.
- Dynasty weapons most likely will NOT return.
- Necromancy and healing will be like in previous games, not Heroes 6. Healing will NOT resurrect.
- Some creatures and races will be updated from the Heroes 6, others, like Sylvan, Academy or Fortress - are from the scratch. Expansions are feasible due to the existing audience and some existing designs.
- you have to register your game in Uplay once, after that you can play it offline
- the sector control system with its forts as in H6 will return although there will be some changes to the system
- permanent changes to the adventure map will be possible (they mention an avalanche from a mountain that can block a path and they mention destroying a statue in the underworld to drain a sea in the world above which then results in a new explorable area where the sea was before)
- there will be a new flanking system for the battle system, attacks from the side and from behind will do more damage to a creature
- spells are no longer permanently learned as skills as in H6, you have to buy them in a town or find them on the adventure map (it's not worded that clear in the article but to my understanding they simply return to the old spellsystem)

Looks good, and more closer to heroes 5/3, so I have some hope. Also I have good impression from developers as they did might and magic 10 legacy.

Units for two factions that are revealed:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:30:59 am by ragnar119 »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:51 am »

I kinda wonder how will the seraph compare to the swordbearer.
Angels were usually pretty damn strong in HOMM 3 and 5 (the only ones with angels that i played).
Would the swordbeared be more like the Crusader/Paladin from HoMM 2 where humans were the phycially weakest but numerous and had several nifty skills at the same time?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:51 am »

One thing I wish they would bring back was that mechanic one of the might and magic expansions had

Where every single unit had 2 upgraded versions... One that is basically "This creature but improved!" and the other that is "The creature but with a twist!"

Sure in the end it just boiled down to there being a best ANYWAY (Honestly why wouldn't you chose Skeleton Archers?), but I still liked the idea.

I am guessing this mechanic was incredibly unpopular because I haven't seen it since.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 09:57:04 am »

One thing I wish they would bring back was that mechanic one of the might and magic expansions had

Where every single unit had 2 upgraded versions... One that is basically "This creature but improved!" and the other that is "The creature but with a twist!"

Sure in the end it just boiled down to there being a best ANYWAY (Honestly why wouldn't you chose Skeleton Archers?), but I still liked the idea.

I am guessing this mechanic was incredibly unpopular because I haven't seen it since.

I liked that. In fact, in my psuedo-design doc for a dream HoMM game of mine you had not one, not two, but three upgrade choices. (and only two creatues per tier)

But I guess there was a reason why it didn't make it through to future games. Sad. :/
Also I find it odd that only the Academy champion units have names for the upgraded versions...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 10:01:17 am »

Also I find it odd that only the Academy champion units have names for the upgraded versions...

I imagine the rest just haven't been added yet. Though, Magic Bird is a pretty lame name for a champion unit.

Also,
PTW
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6