Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feather tree egg yolk  (Read 4708 times)

Dorf and Dumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Feather tree egg yolk
« on: August 16, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

I keep finding these trade items "Feather tree egg yolk [T]" set when caravans come into town.  I am not sure if they are mutations of items that were on sale previously or come from nowhere or what ... can't file a bug report because I don't know when or how it happens.  Anyone see this?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Feather tree egg yolk
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:37:59 pm »

Feather trees grow egg yolk as a fruit. Elves bring the yolk in a caravan, and it just sort of falls apart once they begin unpacking their goods.

Here's a report on the bug tracker.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 06:42:35 pm »

It kinda makes sense that feather trees make yolk. I mean, what has feathers? Birds! Maybe the feather tree was named for more than just the lightness of its wood.  :P
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

Actually, it's leaves are feathers as well. Or at least, it uses the feather material template.

Though the feather tree eggs aren't proper eggs, and are actually a type of fruit. Made of just the yolk.

Which is probably the problem, as yolk has a low melting point, which is probably causing the fruit to melt once unpacked. But that's just my guess, and I haven't tested that yet.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 06:55:42 pm »

The raws mention using multi-material growths sometime in the future, and that the egg just being the yolk is a placeholder.  It should be the entire egg with whites, shells and everything.

Incidentally, it's funny to imagine that enchanted fairylands smell every autumn of rotten eggy fart...