Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Project Elf Mode: Version 1.06.00 Released! 40.11 Compatible!  (Read 9813 times)

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Re: Project Elf Mode
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 07:11:04 am »

You could just use the [WOOD_ARMOR] entity tag, which I believe is built into elves already?
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 10:27:48 am »

The entity tags don't appear to make them craftable, at least at a carpenter's or craftsman's workshop. I suppose I could temporarily give them anvils to see if you could craft them at the forge, but they need a workshop that they actually are supposed to have access to.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 04:59:07 pm »

Write a custom wood worker for this, no problem. Some things might not be properly stockpiled though,.and equipping military will be a pain... they prefer metal or leather, there is no any-wood item in the uniform templates.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »

If a reaction is governed by a skill, it'll pop stuff out with quality levels, right? I know knapping and heart-making do.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 08:31:29 pm »

Yes, if the product is capable of having a quality level. No skill = no quality.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »

I'm building the custom reactions now and giving the armor and such a custom workshop if they end up needing one. (A carpenter might end up being able to make them; I don't know how to restrict them to reaction-only crafting. Carpenters are OP as hell right now but that sort of makes sense.) I should probably note that elves have access to chausses and thus can completely skip greaves, but if you prefer to use them, they'll be there.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, would making a reaction that took logs and spit out normal pieces of armor that took the material from the reagent result in the otherwise-impossible wooden armor? I'll do some testing and if it works properly change wood weapons to this. I'll also give elves normal training weapons so you can make danger rooms. (Wooden spears that aren't training spears are still dangerous.)

EDIT2: On the topic of weapons, I do want to give a blunt weapon to elves so they aren't -completely- fucked against armored targets. For now they have warhammers in honor of the Elf King, but I'm not sure which of the current weapons are the most "elfy."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:45:02 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »

I know this isn't helpful, but I'm loving edit two. I'm still smirking as I type this.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2014, 10:18:58 pm »

It's a serious question though. Whips seem close but I'm hesitant to include them because of their absurd brokenness. Testing shows that wooden whips are ineffective vs. steel, though, and it'll take a while to get anything better. The new wood types, as I'm making them, should be about a tier below equivalent metal effectiveness for edged weapons. Blunt weapons are going to generally be ineffective since they're going to be pretty light no matter what you do, though when I get to it you should be able to make them out of wood infused with gold and stuff.

EDIT: The reaction method worked. Weapons are getting the same treatment, then the next version is going up on dffd.

EDIT2: God fucking damnit. Apparently you can substitute wheelbarrows for hearts for no good reason. Also, colors are borked on the new custom workshops.

I'll work more on this tomorrow. Here are the relevant raws if you would like to help.
heart
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
custom shops
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in other news the reactions function properly, though the profession name "metalsmith" is getting a quick edit
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:17:57 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:17 am »

I would suggest spears as a melee weapon for elves. Could have flint or obsidian tips, and still feel quite elfy. How about quarterstaves as blunt melee weapons?

On an unrelated note, are you going to need tile art for any of the things you're working on? It's something I wouldn't mind taking a crack at if it'll help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 02:42:12 am »

Your buildmat accepts any tool. TOOL_USE is only for reagents , not buildmats. Try asking directly for your heart tool. TOOL HEARTWOOD NONE NONE
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »

Fixed building materials thanks to Meph. Also figured out what was wrong with the colors and fixed that. I'll have to do some messing about to repair gauntlets; since they're supposed to be left and right and the reaction produces two generic gauntlets, elves won't equip them. I'm not sure how to do this tbh. Is there a way to add a left or right subtype to a crafting job?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:15:05 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »

That's an older issue. Not sure of any fixes that can be done within the raws.

There is a DFHack script for it, though I can't remember the name at the moment.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2014, 07:13:27 pm »

I'd hate to leave people with no craftable and useable gauntlets, but if it cant be done within the raws then I can't do it. Make sure to embark with plenty.
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:51 pm »

There's the bone gauntlets that can be made at the craftsdwarf's workshop by default. Plus there's always caravans and later-game metalworking.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2014, 01:07:17 am »

New version posted. Mechanisms still aren't in, sorry. Those will come with the grazer fix and, more importantly, the fancy new wood types.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5