Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Aernosii  (Read 6247 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aernosii
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:51:04 am »

In ancient days, Aeeo, the Light Lord, creator of all that is good, together with Zyrckrqw, the Shadow King, Aeeo's sibling and opposite, reated the gods and primordials and the primal Gaeg, and with them created the multiverse. Empires rose and fell. Most recently, the Shof and Nelia Empires fell in war against each other, creating a world of scattered kingdoms and city states. It is on this tapestry that, hereos and villians such as Rrezar the Protector and Olag Blood-drinker have had their names forever inscribed in history. And you will join them, or die trying.

As you stand up, you bow to a statue of  Zyrckrqw(evil) or Aeeo(good)

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: How does it work? (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:19:24 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aernosii
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:51:46 am »

Character creation works like this. I will ask questions that determine traits such as alignment, race, and class. You have 4 attributes. Strength, Dexterity, Intlligence, and Wisdom.

Skills work like this. There are general skills, and then more advanced and specific skills. The more specific the skill, the less amount of points you need to spend to gain a level in it. So while a first level skill may cost 4 points, a second level skill will only cost 2 or 3.

Turns work like this:
Notes on what has changed since previous turn( projects completed,etc.)
Orders( plans for projects and things like that)
Personal actions.(exploring)
End
Combat can occur at any time
Then, the game switches into combat mode.
You roll intiative. You can give orders to anybody with you. You  can do your own actions as well.
You get a movement, a spell, and a minor. The spell is where you can do any sort of attack

During non combat turns, you can organize armies. With these armies, you can have battles. During battles, you have a combat turn if you are present but you can also give orders no matter what.

In armies, there are 3 sorts of special units.
the general gets a special bodyguard unti and traits and abilities that affect the whole battle. Commanders get a certain portion of units they command as a bodyguard, and have weaker abilities. Champions are people of great skill who do not get a bodyguard unless you assign them one. They are great for morale. I'll explain morale and some othere stuff when it comes up
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:44:45 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:52:11 am »

Reserved

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 09:43:23 am »

Aeeo

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:50:01 am »

Zyrckrqw
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:23 am »

None. Did we not see enough Nelian penal squads excecute pregnant puppies in the name of ephemeral gods? Did we not see enough Shofmen lay thier lives for a pointless ideal? Time for the middle path- Neutrality you can belive in.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 11:13:09 am »

None. Did we not see enough Nelian penal squads excecute pregnant puppies in the name of ephemeral gods? Did we not see enough Shofmen lay thier lives for a pointless ideal? Time for the middle path- Neutrality you can belive in.
+1

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:29 pm »

+1
+ 1 for chaotic stupid
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »

No. Not after last time. The last time this happened, my game went crazy and died horribly. Character creation is the only railroaded part in this. However, neutral is an option, but it will come into play after character creation. Until then, it's binary, because neutrality now would totally mess up this bit.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 01:20:32 pm »

fine, lick the good statue while kneeling at it.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »

Well, if we desecrate Zyrckrqw while blaspheming against Aeeo, that's not really neutrality. If that's not permitted,
Aeeo

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »

However, neutral is an option, but it will come into play after character creation. Until then, it's binary, because neutrality now would totally mess up this bit.
Ugh. Fine.
Aeeo. But it's not because we're good or anything. The uh... promotion prospects were better.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 07:58:00 am »

Did we not see enough Nelian penal squads excecute pregnant puppies in the name of ephemeral gods?
+1

First, can I sig this, second, voting will be extended
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:30:27 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:14 am »

Did we not see enough Nelian penal squads excecute pregnant puppies in the name of ephemeral gods?
+1
First, can I sig this, second, voting will be estended until the end of the day.
Yes.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 12:34:35 pm »

You arise from your seat and bow to a small statue of Aeeo, set next to a smaller statue of

Koron-conquest and battle(N)
Estel-Elves, magic, and art (LG)
Moad-Dwarves, mining, and metalwork(CG)
Tornc-Death(LN)
Roshic-cizilization and towns(LG)
Roc-luck(CN)
Oron-travelling and honor(LG)
Bahuma-dragons,  heroisim,(LG)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6