Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Taking prisoners to pits marks dwarvs for death as well as doesn't work?  (Read 804 times)

Nerfer2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Jack
    • View Profile

I have captured a score of goblin prisoners, but when I want to throw them into a pit, it causes all dwarves to become hostile to the dwarf who removed them from their cage, as well as letting the prisoner go free.

What gives?

Nerfer2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Jack
    • View Profile

This has also induced a horrible loyalty cascade, jesus  :o

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the second time I have read of an instance of this happening. You should see if it is a known bug or not on mantis.

Plazek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just release them into dangerous locations by placing the cage and releasing them with a lever. For example a room full of new recruits to my dwarven army, or the archery range, or the dog pit, or a bridge suspended above the magma sea etc.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats always been my tactic too, lever-linked cages, but its a lot of time t setup comparatively.

Unfortunately pitting itself has always been touchy, then you got unpittable thieves anyway, and now this.

Thats not normal behaviour at all.  Its not a direct copy of but related to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5815 I think.

If you have a save of the world that you could attach then perhaps start a new post with the details of how you triggered the cascade.  The save would be uploaded to dffd and linked from the tracker  If it is deemed related to the above then its going to be linked to a number of loyalty-cascade issues currently around and ought to get cleaned up in due course.  It seems to be the same thing but a different method of triggering it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:45:51 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug #7611: Military dwarves attack dwarves that have let out enemies from cages.  (Allegedly fixed.  Seems it was not entirely fixed.)

Bug #7979: Pitting causes dwarf to become considered an enemy.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I reported this on mantis and made a thread about it yesterday or some such. Training like this can be great if you use one or two dwarves at a time in a pit with wooden training weapons(wooden crossbow if they're hammerdwarves, no wooden training maces though) and disarmed but armored goblins.

I switched to cages because of this bug. I used to get legendary military dwarves pretty quickly in .34 but pitting makes it a lot faster