Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SOLVED - Broken medicine?  (Read 1122 times)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SOLVED - Broken medicine?
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:16:44 pm »

I always hear people complain about the medical being broken in DF but in .34 that wasn't my experience. My dwarves got rescued, cleaned, treated and were back on their feet, sometimes with the annoying blinking thing, sometimes with crutches but sometimes completely fine.

In this version I had an accident with a hatch(don't make them ever unless they're meant to lock something away or for pitting) where 2 dwarves got hurt. One was a baby and he was left to limp on his broken lower left leg around the meeting hall, the other was sent to the hospital, treated, put in traction and left there. I tried dismantling the Traction bench twice to see if it was just that bug but he got put right back on it. But that happened sometimes in .34, it just took a long time.

But then I got this other dwarf who got hurt, needs sutures, setting and dressing. I canceled all hauling for my suturer but no cigar. He also keeps getting evaluated almost every day and there's no progress. He's constantly sleeping and experiencing mortal fear because his injury came from fighting. I'm about to give up, wall him in and let him starve because I need his armor. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:48:59 am by Deboche »

Shellcore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broken medicine?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:32:37 pm »

If its not glitching then make all your dwarves have all the medical profesions to see if that works.
From what I remember, falling damage is modelled by the floor hitting YOU.  It is possible that if this is also done for wall collisions, that a dog bumping into the wall is modelled as being smacked in the face by a giant boulder.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:00:45 am »

Just as I was about to reply that one of my 3 suturers was completely idle, he got diagnosed yet again and then my suturer went and sutured him. I guess he needs to be diagnosed when a dwarf with the correct labor happens to be free in order for the job to be done

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:33 am »

Whats the personality traits of the doctor dorfs?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Dwimenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:47:44 am »

Did you assigned chief medical dwarf in the [n]obels screen? To my experience, CMD is the only one who should have diagnosis labor enabled.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 12:48:44 am »

the chief medical was the guy who got injured so I switched it to the next best diagnostician

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED - Broken medicine?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 09:22:38 am »

I see things like this popping up, with medical jobs not being taken, even with 'No Job' medics longterm.

Anecdotal:  Counter to Dwimenor, everyone who works in my hospital has diagnose.  You need to diagnose dwarves (evaluate) a number of times between stages.  The most critical of these is the first evaluation, which must be done by the chief medic noble.  This is the only guy where I care if he actually has Diag skill.  The rest get it because if the guy needs a splint and stitches, I dont want a dwarf with both labours to bugger off to a party between jobs while we wait for the noble again, its probably his damn party.  Give em all diag and they will chain the steps themselves if they have a number of relevant labours, full treatment in days.  Awesome.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:24:25 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:50 am »

Did you assigned chief medical dwarf in the [n]obels screen? To my experience, CMD is the only one who should have diagnosis labor enabled.

That is absolutely wrong.

The most critical of these is the first evaluation, which must be done by the chief medic noble.

Also wrong.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz