Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World gen odditys.  (Read 771 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
World gen odditys.
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:26:08 pm »

Hey all,

So i heard that goblins dominated most game worlds left long enough. SO i decided to gen up 250 years worth and my random generator has come up with a strangely balanced world.

Kobalds have survived to the end and seem to have flourished. Their is even one who was born in 84 who is still alive somehow named Sigis.
Also a pair who were born in 121 and 123 who had a litter, its nice to think of a childhood friends story there.
Their has been Three age of myths because the rocs, cyclops and minotaur populations have stabilized into a breeding number
Mercenary zombies (none necromancer raised) appear around year 160
Each race is doing fine as the world seems to be a series of loosely connected continents. One section of the map is just solid roads.
Even the necromancers are happy in the south west with the usual 20+ towers.
Large numbers of vampires with kill lists that make me think they are the primary reason for at least half the historical death toll
Necromancer family's: seems Mother passed on her desire for immortality to her daughter. Her husband was a normal guy. Family reunions must be really weird.

Each of the continents in the world can be connected to each other with a very few well placed fortresses, so if this version is stable enough im going to try make some serious bridge forts.

If anyone would like a copy let me know and ill try figure out file deport again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:35:16 pm by Karakzon »
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
Re: World gen odditys.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:24 am »

I got a world where humans and elves were all but extinct, a single dwarf civ is all that stands in the way of total goblin domination.
(according to the world_sites_and_pops file, there are 12 surviving humans scatterred across several camps and ruined hamlets, and just a single elf living alone in a camp that's not listed in the legends)

I wonder how the game might handle scenarios like that in the future... it'd be cool if the game could recognize when someone is the last elf in the world or something, and maybe people would give them a special title or treat them differently somehow.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: World gen odditys.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:02:25 am »

I got a world where there was literally only one dwarf civ left and no other civs in the entire world except for a single goblin fortress almost 200 map tiles away.