Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Text size playing on a netbook  (Read 719 times)

synyster31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Text size playing on a netbook
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »

I'm trying to play DF2014 (mayday graphics) on a netbook. However when I start the game in windowed it's too big for the screen but the font looks ok. But as soon as I maximise it, or run in fullscreen, the font goes quite small and unreadable for any length of time. I've tried fiddling about in the init file but I can't seem to get the text bigger. Is it possible to resize the text for a small screen?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Text size playing on a netbook
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 03:10:46 pm »

I'm trying to play DF2014 (mayday graphics) on a netbook. However when I start the game in windowed it's too big for the screen but the font looks ok. But as soon as I maximise it, or run in fullscreen, the font goes quite small and unreadable for any length of time. I've tried fiddling about in the init file but I can't seem to get the text bigger. Is it possible to resize the text for a small screen?
The init.txt file has separate settings for windowed mode and fullscreen mode.  Edit the fullscreen settings to replicate the windowed ones and you should be okay.  Remember that there are WINDOWED and GRAPHICS_WINDOWED items to copy from.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

synyster31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:44:41 am »

I tried changing both and trying both windowed and fullscreen mode but the problem is the size of the text itself. For it to be a playable size on the small screen the window size is too big to fit on the screen. Once I set it to fit the screen the text is too small  :-[

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 07:59:13 am »

Try scrolling the mouse wheel.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.