Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: South American Politics Thread: Noodly borders get no respect  (Read 3121 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
South American Politics Thread: Noodly borders get no respect
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:41:07 pm »

As suggested in the sad thread by both LSP and Dutchling, South America is now joining all the cool kids with the continental politics threads. I doubt there's enough intrest, but here it is.

To start it off, one of the candidates for the presidency of Brasil died a few hours ago in a plane crash on a residential area. It appears all 7 passengers died, and quite a few pedestrians were injured. So now the candidates to presidency (with even the most remote chance of succeeding) have been reduced to three: the current president, a conservative and a very radical priest.

Please keep it civil, or the thread gets locked.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:01:30 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Amuys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: South American Politics Thread: also known as CIA Politics Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:21:26 pm »

Argentina is whiiiiiite!!!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:22:37 pm »

This thread will go far, I am quite sure of it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:16:20 pm »

* LordSlowpoke ollies in

ptw yo

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 06:41:17 pm »

It's incredibly amusing how Argentina is blaming Britain for being colonialist by holding on to the Falklands. Especially given that the people living there want to, in the majority, be British. It's like accusing Canada of being colonialist because it has Quebec.

There's a Canada is great for keeping Quebec from the rest of the world joke here, but I don't think that I can quite pull it off
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »

AKA CIA politics? Seriously? Come on, that's cold war stuff.....

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 07:37:02 pm »

Not entirely.  The CIA has continued to stir shit up in South America since the Cold War.  Just not as much.  Either way, they're still highly relevant to the current state of the region.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 07:06:01 am »

AKA CIA politics? Seriously? Come on, that's cold war stuff.....
The name of the thread is far from serious. CIA thread was a joke made by Dutchling on the sad thread.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:01 pm »

There's a Canada is great for keeping Quebec from the rest of the world joke here, but I don't think that I can quite pull it off
QUEBEC SUCKS

*For the purposes of this joke I know nothing about the Quebecois or whether or not Quebec sucks. Do not kill me for comedy as this joke is as relevant as Quebec.

It's incredibly amusing how Argentina is blaming Britain for being colonialist by holding on to the Falklands. Especially given that the people living there want to, in the majority, be British. It's like accusing Canada of being colonialist because it has Quebec.
Yet Argentina isn't colonialist by wanting to forcibly seize the Falklands, despite the people living there not wanting to be Argentinian.[/microrant]
And Britain got there first and whilst it was uninhabited. Quite hilariously if you follow the Argentinian claim and ignore all British claims to the falklands, you could use the same arguments to annex all the bits of South America that were once Scottish and English colonies that were razed by the Spanish.

Count Suarez allowed to prey on other footballers in friendly matches and training as long as he doesn't leave ghouls and vampire hellspawn in his wake.

Giant Amazon fish 'locally extinct' due to overfishing. RIP Big Nemo.
Previously, bio economic theory predicted that fishing does not cause extinctions because fishermen inevitably move away from depleted resources.
The tragedy of the commons will always win over, killing the fishies.

Colombian bullfighters on hungerstrike to reinstate bullfighting in Bogota. I still suggest we simply reinstate gladiatorial combat and also include it in the Olympics, creating an international event where countries send their best champions to fight to the death for a golden skull golden medal.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »

Documentary on the Argentinian attempt to liberate the Malvinas from pig dog Brits.

So it turns out that the comment sections in videos about South American politics are as wonderful as any other politics. Namely this choice insult:

Your country supported the english in an attemp to steal more territory. Beacuse your country is so narrow like a fucking spaggetti and you live robbing territories like Tierra del Fuego and Paraguay.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 06:44:38 pm »

Your country supported the english in an attemp to steal more territory. Beacuse your country is so narrow like a fucking spaggetti and you live robbing territories like Tierra del Fuego and Paraguay.
If every talk between politicians was like this, the world would be a better place for 20 minutes. And those minutes would be golden.
Pages: [1] 2