Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bin Laden strikes the earth!  (Read 3335 times)

The Green Sentinel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bin Laden strikes the earth!
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:51:40 am »

You have arrived. After a journey on camel back from the homelands into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all Al-Qaeda. There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Whether by assault rifle, sting missile or hand grenade you must provide for your terrorists. You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you, but it is spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodging, ere the giant eagles get hungry. A new chapter of terrorist history begins here in this place, strike the earth!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Bin Laden strikes the earth!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:56 am »

The problem with secret tunnels is that you either need a whole lot of manpower, which greatly expands the number of people in the know, or you need some sort of futuristic digging equipment that doesn't yet exist.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:04:59 am »

I wonder if this would have made a better forum games post than general discussion.

Or would "Bin Laden Jihad: A suggestion game" have been in bad taste?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:52 am »

The problem with secret tunnels is that you either need a whole lot of manpower, which greatly expands the number of people in the know, or you need some sort of futuristic digging equipment that doesn't yet exist.

Just do what the Japanese used to do and kill the workers, burying them in the very building they were creating.

Or wait... was that a myth?

I know... Russia once blinded the architect of a building...

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 02:07:35 am »

To the modding forum!
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:10:12 am »

Oooh, an Escaped Lunatic! Interesting...

So, what exactly are we to do? Discuss the flaws and advantages of this? What?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:51 am »

This seems to have been an invention of the media...
Why do so many impressive things have to be fake? Why can't it be uninteresting things that are fake, like finding Jesus in some toast or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 12:22:42 pm »

That idea that al-Qaeda had access to digging equipment of that caliber was nothing short of absurd.  Reproducing that image might be a good megaproject succession game though

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 03:36:02 pm »

They were inspired by Dwarfs, of course they had hidden doors to the actual fortress. Any day now those 1800 missing Al-Queda terrorist will march out of Tora Bora and (re)conquer Afganistan...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 03:38:46 pm »

They were inspired by Dwarfs, of course they had hidden doors to the actual fortress. Any day now those 1800 missing Al-Queda terrorist will march out of Tora Bora and (re)conquer Afganistan...
If they were really inspired by dwarves then the world would be flooded in magma.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 03:43:31 pm »

Why do so many impressive things have to be fake?
Fuckin' boobs, man. Why couldn't they leave boobs alone?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »

If they were really inspired by dwarves then the world would be flooded in magma.
You don't pull the lever before elven caravan is in the range, Graknorke.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »

This seems to have been an invention of the media...

Actually...

Quote from: Rumsfield
Rumsfeld: Oh, you bet. This is serious business. And there's not one of those. There are many of those. And they have been used very effectively. And I might add, Afghanistan is not the only country that has gone underground. Any number of countries have gone underground. The tunneling equipment that exists today is very powerful. It's dual use. It's available across the globe. And people have recognized the advantages of using underground protection for themselves.

It's like something out of Soviet Super Science.
Still, the OP's post is in pretty poor taste here. My parent's had gotten at least one Imam to educate me and my siblings that later turned out to be a recruiter, or sympathizer. Plus it seems to drive the stereotype of the camel rider, when I don't think they'd even survive that far into mountainous regions. A Humvee is prolly cheaper nowadays too. I guess mostly it's still a reality that idiots flock to their banner.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 06:57:09 pm »

Quote from: Rumsfield
The tunneling equipment that exists today is very powerful. It's dual use.
What does that even mean? It can also be used to rest your mug on? Act as a windbreak? Look nice in a display cabinet?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: [1] 2 3