Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: GM vs RNG! (Minimalist Suggestion Game)  (Read 3523 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
GM vs RNG! (Minimalist Suggestion Game)
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »

There was once a man, not an ordinary man, who went by name GM.

He went to and fro, from hill to meadow, to meet his journey's end.

But there was one, who abhorred the sun, and lurked beneath the sea.

The fickle thing, taking lives yet merrily sings, it's name was RNG.

Two sides of a coin, these two were, foes beyond compare.

For whatever GM did, RNG forbid, and left the players in despair.

Now is the time, to end my rhyme and let you play the game.

But before we start, let's be smart, and teach you all the aim:

You are all collectively the GM, and you must defeat the evil RNG. You have the ability to create whatever you want, but all it depends on the roll of RNG. Make a dragon? Rolled a 1? Nope. Make a sandwich? Rolled a 6? Have fun with your new psycho killer tsundere sandwich. RNG is in his castle beneath the ocean, and you must find a way to breach it. RNG cannot make more of what he already has, but he can reroll each roll he does once.

You can have as many actions as you want, but be warned the more actions you take, the more dice will be rolled, and the dice are your enemy. If you roll badly RNG will hurt you through your own actions. You start with 10 hit-dice, and your initial health will be determined by rolling all these dice. Your maximum starting health could be 60 and the minimum could be 10. All it depends on is your enemy, RNG.

Name your first actions, GM!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: GM vs RNG! (Minimalist Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:28:30 pm »

Set up a naval base on the coast complete with coastal gun emplacements.

Call the British royal navy to ask fir nuclear submarine assistance.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:05:53 pm »

(3) With a motion and a muttering, a naval base is raised on the coast. (6) It is manned by a manic-depressive, extremist penal legion.  (2) The  are no gun emplacements.

(2) You call the navy for a nuclear submarine. They send you a toy sub in the mail.

Health:

(3)(5)(3)(3)(6)(2)(5)(6)(2)(4)=39 HP
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:24:43 pm »

A curious game. The only winning move... is not to play.

We still will. Get fleet of hovercraft for our penal legion.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:53:53 am »

(6) You summon sentient hi-tech hovercraft, who enslave their pilots to their will. Your penal legion is replaced by manic-depressive, extremist hovercraft.

Health:

39 HP
Dying of laughter?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:05 am »

Selectively breed the local sharks to shoot laser beams out of their eyes.

Write propaganda that will enrage the hovercraft at RNG.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 02:46:04 am »

(1) Well, evolution doesn't work that way, but you flip your middle finger to Darwin and all his hard work cause lasersharks are cool. Darwin flips his ghost-finger back as the laser sharks you create backfire. They are sentient, bloodthirsty and technologically advanced thousands of years ahead of humans. Their bodies are able to hover through sheer willpower alone. Plus they hate you. RNG gained Laser Shark Race

(5) You decide to write some propaganda to rile up the hovercrafts. Your posters of RNG riding a hovercraft infuriates them to no end, and loyally follow you to battle against RNG. GM gained Hovercraft Race

Background events:

(2-4) The forces of good and evil, the Hovercraft and Laser Sharks, wage a great war in both your names. The Laser Sharks, in their hubris, discounted the Hovercraft as worthy opponents, easily falling into the Hovercraft's traps. They take down a good chunk of the Laser Sharks' numbers.

Health:

39 HP
Dying of laughter?

Tombsice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:47:30 am »

Lets go to random.org to get random number interpter.
Consult rain god for alternative rolling method.

Also shouldn't this be in the RTD sub-forum?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 04:13:49 am »

Lets go to random.org to get random number interpter.
Consult rain god for alternative rolling method.

Nope. You all control one character. RtD almost always has each person play their own characters.
Dying of laughter?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:22:54 am »

Hire Hercules to join our side, send him after the Laser Sharks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 06:19:12 am »

(4) You consult the rain god for an alternate rolling method. "I'd gladly give one to you sonny, but I only control rain."

(1-3) You show Hercules a fair sum of gold, but Hercules is already a supporter of the Laser Sharks! In retaliation Hercules breaks your leg. (3-2) You take 1 damage, since as GM you don't have bones. Or organs. You're not normal.

Background Events:

(3-6) The Laser Sharks, armed with their new friend Hercules, return to their usual hubris, but that proves once more to be their downfall. Hercules dies at the hands of a Hovercraft name Homer Kraft, a new hero among the Hovercrafts. RNG is not pleased.

Health:

38 HP
Dying of laughter?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 07:09:41 am »

This is basically a classic chaos vs order struggle. Onwards, to a time where all numbers are known in advance! Away from the tyranny of chance!

Research a weapon that can destroy the RNG.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 07:17:54 am »

I was just thinking that. This is certainly a variation on the theme of a Vanilla RTD, but I don't really think it's a different genre.

That is not to say it's unfun however. I think things are becoming too violent- time for a peaceful solution. make RNG a sandwitch
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:22:06 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 08:17:08 am »

Blast a kamehameha into the ocean, right in the direction of the RNG's castle.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 07:19:27 pm »

(4) You create a gun that could potentially hurt RNG, but you can't find a suitable power source. Maybe you can harness the minimum energy from the Sun?

(1) You make a sandwich for RNG. Being a blob of universal chaos RNG has no need for food and transforms it into a giant dinosaur. (1-3) The dinosaur tries to bite you, but you bitchslap him instead.

(2) Angered at RNG's refusal at your sandwich, you blast a ball of blue energy (screaming for 10 minutes before actually doing so) into the ocean. You scream for too long and the episode ends there, without your kamehameha being fired at all.

Background Events:

(1-6) The Laser Sharks, horribly outnumbered by the Hovercrafts, are forced into hiding from their genocide. Several concerned Hovercraft families take them in, but some of the more extreme Hovercrafts start rooting them out and publicly executing them.

Health:

Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4