Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ms paint Drawthread: post your best dwarf mode story's.  (Read 1588 times)

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ms paint Drawthread: post your best dwarf mode story's.
« on: August 12, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »

I will draw scenes or comics. include as much detail as you can. other artists welcome!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Re: Ms paint Drawthread: post your best dwarf mode story's.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »

Okay.
The military was rushing to position, we were caught with our pants down-- the construction tunnel was open and the military in the caverns. Gobbos and Trolls flooded in, the traps only slowed them down for a moment. But just before they made it to the fortress proper and into the diningrooms, a lone hunter stood against them. He fired his crossbow, killing a troll and bashing another when it got too close. They tore him to pieces, but he bought time for the militia and a swordmaster to arrive. A brave sacrifice.

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »

Here's a sample. my friends three Legendary dwarven warriors stalling an iron demon so that his masons can wall them in...

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:15:19 pm »

Sorry it took so long Edmus

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »

I gave my captain of the guard a whip, which was a really bad idea because he whipped every criminal in the head, killing them. There were massive riots and tantrum spirals. A one armed woodcutter chopped the cotg's head off with his axe, then he immediately was elected mayor of the 5 remaining dwarves.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »

That's awesome! Great work.

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 07:05:48 pm »

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 07:08:48 pm »

Okay its getting late here but I have the day off tommorow so post some requests and Ill get to them in about seven hours.
P.s.
If you have a favourite dwarf Id do a portrait.

pps

I will also continually touch up previous requests
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:20:58 pm by TheNuttyDoc »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 01:48:38 am »

A guard, macedwarf, got both his hands injured after goblin siege that halved local population and was unable to hold weapon anymore. But when tantrums resulted in a few berserkers, he was the first to react and killed all of them with a kick in the head.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 05:26:19 am »

Slept in

TheNuttyDoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 05:38:09 am »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 06:55:32 am »

Slept in
Lol'd. That guy is a dwarven Chuck Norris.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 11:52:56 am »

I believe this was my first attempt to open the HFS. The entire fortress was slaughtered, of course, in the dwarven wave attacks and stuff that I tried after the ballista corridors proved insufficient and they melted the steel gate with their body heat (;_;) but there were two survivors. One was the mayor, the original mayor, surprising given that he was in the first wave... must have gotten lucky and got dragged back to the hospital by someone, because that's where he was at the end. The other last survivor was a fortress-born child, 6 years of age. Severely injured, very slowly bleeding out due to lack of living doctors while the clowns contented themselves temporarily with destroying every coffin in the catacombs, the mayor held a meeting with the child from his literally bloodstained hospital bed. The child had obviously lost her entire family, and the only two happy thoughts she had when I abandoned, with her as the final survivor (the mayor bled out during their meeting), were: "Talked with a friend recently" and "made a new friend recently"

One of the few times Dwarf Fortress has actually moved me to tears  :'(
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 01:50:59 pm »

Dammit... That's the really tragic moment

zlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:55 pm »

The fortress was in ruin. The bridge didn't close on time and war cave dragons, rutherers and goblins armed to teeth swarmed in. The leader of the fortress, the Butcher, was in his workshop when the end has come. He dropped the rabbit corpse he was just butchering, and covered in blood, holding butcher cleaver in his hand, charged towards the invaders to stop them, or buy actual militia some time. The war cave dragon was his first, and last foe. Before he realised, he lost his left hand, but he still fought on, with his dull cleaver. It was only a matter of time before he got his head torn apart, in tight grip of the monster's jaw.

He was the first to die, out of entire hundred of dwarves living in the fortress. The fortress has fallen shortly.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:49:52 pm by zlob »
error: 'long long long' is too long
Pages: [1] 2