Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.16 Succession Game) - More Players Welcome!  (Read 48146 times)

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Dathateyo: 'The Ageless World' (0.40.09 Succession Game)
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2014, 07:25:19 pm »

the empty spoiler has Wax's profile in it. Not sure why you can't see it.

It's because the link you used gets redirected to a web page for us, so it doesn't work as an image.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
  • It is not death a man should fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2014, 09:01:42 pm »

The entrance to the caves on the left is already blocked off at a higher level, and the empty spoiler has Wax's profile in it. Not sure why you can't see it.

Alright, good.  Why the 3x3 stairways though?

Regards,
Northstar
There once was a dream that was Rome...

Dathateyo, SDQR- (for the) Senate Dwarves Quo Romanus!

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2014, 12:59:28 am »

I do hope I'm not in way over my head  :-\ Still I will try when it comes to me! :D

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2014, 02:05:18 am »

Being way over your head is an unavoidable consequence of living underground. Ba dum pish.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:36 am »

Not sure why the stairs are 3x3, they were like that when I got there and I didn't want to have them suddenly narrowing. There'll be a year long update with my end save up in a few hours, doubt I'd get much more done.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »

Not sure why the stairs are 3x3, they were like that when I got there and I didn't want to have them suddenly narrowing. There'll be a year long update with my end save up in a few hours, doubt I'd get much more done.

Alright, make sure to get the save up soon- you were supposed to post it by 2 AM Central Time today (i.e. last night) at the latest.

Take 50 lashes with a Fluffly Wabler as punishment.   :)

Regards,
Northstar

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2014, 07:48:51 pm »

Asmoth's Log, 15th of Obsidian, 254.
I've sent some woodcutters out to deforest the caves. This will have no negative repercussions whatsoever.

25th of Granite, 255.
That was quite the New Year's party! Time to go on a break!

1st of Slate.
I can't think of anything else for the miners to do at the moment, so I've sent them looking for gold:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should keep them busy for a while.

19th of Slate.

This should be good.

24th of Slate.

Some migrants arrived today. Most of them seem pretty useless. Our population is now up to sixty six working dwarves, plus one baby. In other population news, we now have three female crundles and two males.

10th of Felsite.

The crundling begins. Unfortunately, our crundles aren't particularly well trained at the moment, but I'm sure that will improve as time goes on. Hopefully we'll discover a use for their scales in the meantime.

1st of Hematite.
A vile force of darkness has arrived! This may not end well.

5th of Hematite.
The main gate has been closed after our weapon traps spectacularly failed to do anything whatsoever, landing a hit on only one goblin out of the ten invaders. On the bright side, that goblin is dead now. Mistem Rimtarlegon went out to try recover his weapons and armour, barely making it back inside before the gates and/or goblins smooshed him.

7th of Hematite.
Goblins are stupid, apparently. With the gates closed, they started wandering around and one of them found another weapon trap. We're down to eight.[/u]

18th of Hematite.
The forgotten beast Gol Ozmatgozru attacked us from the caves today. Our militia was able to take it down with no more than a fractured wrist, though three of them were overcome by terror when it first appeared. That does not bode well for our chances of breaking the goblin siege. Gol apparently had poisonous gas, but I have yet to see any symptoms.

27th of Hematite.
Apparently, we don't have a source of water anywhere in the fortress. The medics are refusing to discharge the guy with the broken writs until they clean him, and they won't let him drink anything but water, so it looks like he's going to die of thirst unless the miners can crack open another cave.

30th of Hematite.
Er... wow. I didn't even know this was a thing that could happen.

I'm also a little bit suspicious of our new captain of the guard, as she hasn't yet claimed a bedroom and has no relatives. On the other hand, her skillset isn't all that unusually varied, so I'm assigning her a room so keep her happy about having rooms and stuff.

23rd of Malachite.
The goblins have been driven away, and it barely even cost us half of our militia! This is a picture of our dwarves battling the final member of their dastardly army, showing no fear whatsoever, aside from one recruit who got 'possessed by a great idea for an artefact, honest':

2nd of Galena.
The guy who abandoned his comrades to die turned up again today with this:

I'm sure it's a very nice mechanism, but I think he'd probably have been more useful at his post.

--------------

I kind of made a hames of everything to do with that siege. It's my first fort to deal with the new horror/discipline etc mechanics, and I underestimated how much it was going to affect the military. Here's a save from before I tried to get rid of the gobbos, and here's one from after. The after one is in the process of stabilising and shouldn't turn into a cascade barring further invasions and deaths, but there's a lot more death in it than there needed to be.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2014, 08:04:28 pm »

19th of Slate.

This should be good.

24th of Slate.

Some migrants arrived today. Most of them seem pretty useless. Our population is now up to sixty six working dwarves, plus one baby. In other population news, we now have three female crundles and two males.

30th of Hematite.

I'm also a little bit suspicious of our new captain of the guard, as she hasn't yet claimed a bedroom and has no relatives. On the other hand, her skillset isn't all that unusually varied, so I'm assigning her a room so keep her happy about having rooms and stuff.

2nd of Galena.

I'm sure it's a very nice mechanism, but I think he'd probably have been more useful at his post.

Ummm... A bunch of your spoiler pictures appear as nothing. And you didn't provide enough description to properly update us without them. I quoted the ones that you missed on. I think I got them all. I didn't bother to check the saves.

Perhaps a refresher in posting screenshot images from the game to the forums might be necessary? Maybe add instructions for the saves to that as well. I think a generalized how to might serve some of us well.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:09:52 pm by Shadow Of Fate »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:47 pm »

Have I been dorfed yet? If not, dorf me please. I don't want a turn or anything, I just want to be dorfed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:27 pm »

19th of Slate.

This should be good.

24th of Slate.

30th of Hematite.

2nd of Galena.

Ummm... A bunch of your spoiler pictures appear as nothing. And you didn't provide enough description to properly update us without them. I quoted the ones that you missed on. I think I got them all. I didn't bother to check the saves.

Perhaps a refresher in posting screenshot images from the game to the forums might be necessary? Maybe add instructions for the saves to that as well. I think a generalized how to might serve some of us well.
I can see the pictures in those spoilers and I'm currently on a different computer to the one I used to post the pictures, so I'm not sure why you can't see them.

Northstar1989

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2014, 12:25:24 am »

I kind of made a hames of everything to do with that siege. It's my first fort to deal with the new horror/discipline etc mechanics, and I underestimated how much it was going to affect the military. Here's a save from before I tried to get rid of the gobbos, and here's one from after. The after one is in the process of stabilising and shouldn't turn into a cascade barring further invasions and deaths, but there's a lot more death in it than there needed to be.

WHY would you send the Dwarves to engage the Goblins in melee combat?  Especially when you had perfectly good traps to pick them off, and the safety of fortifications to shoot through?  Didn't I already lecture you guys quite long enough about the uselessness and stupidity of engaging the Goblins in melee?  What's the point of building tall walls if you don't USE them to your advantage?

Scrap the 50 lashes with a Fluffy Wambler.  When (not if) we find a Giant Cave Spider, orders are for for the first Dwarf used to farm silk from it to be dorfed with your name.  Failing that (if the GCS should be killed rather than captured), the first Dwarf killed by it or some other giant cave beast will be given your name instead- as punishment for killing off half our militia by engaging the Goblins for no good reason.

Regards,
Northstar

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:43 am »

I can see the pictures in those spoilers and I'm currently on a different computer to the one I used to post the pictures, so I'm not sure why you can't see them.

Well, I have no idea why I can't see them. I didn't think it was me because I could see the rest of them fine. That is really strange.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:28 am »

Some of them are not working for me too.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2014, 07:40:09 am »

The weapon traps weren't working, and they had a bowgoblin who could apparently 360 no scope anyone who tried to fire on him. Plus, the militia only had two members before the goblins came, so it made a net profit.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »

By ''made a net profit'', I assume you glued the goblin remains together and made new dwarves? Oo
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24