Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rocky starts  (Read 499 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Rocky starts
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »

So, yesterday I started a fort with 40.07.  I get things designated for digging, unpause...

...and immediately I get a message about Urist Mcminer being too horrified to dig.

I was all WTF is this now? and get a flood of cancellations and horrified dwarves and my fishery worker has been struck down.  checking the combat logs, I see that an alligator (they had embarked damn near on top of him) had killed the dwarf and a dog right in front of the others.  he killed one more dog, then left the map after earning the name Desireentreaty.  The Miner and the Carpenter had been the dead dwarf's friends, and were understandably upset.  I almost abandoned, figuring someone would freak out and start the world's smallest tantrum spiral.  but I did', I let things take their course, and now I have a nice little fort with 25 dwarves and an artifact bow.

Any other stories about doomed and near-doomed beginnings in this version?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.