Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HELP(solved)] Race Selection  (Read 959 times)

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[HELP(solved)] Race Selection
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:14:36 pm »

I've done a few searches on how to select your race in MW however, when I tab into the civilizations selection I only have one option.. I have all of the playable races enabled on the Masterwork GUI. I have also attempted to generate a brand new world with these setting enabled but to no avail. I want to try playing a new race, please help.

PS  First post, yay for new blood.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:45:02 pm by alaxandir »

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP] Race Selection
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:59 pm »

Press tab at embark until there's a list of civs, it's a civ selection screen. To determine what the civ is press tab a few more times to see the neighbors list and the first one on the list is what you are.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »

Yes, I know. I have all the options enabled but it is not letting me select a civilization.

Here is a gif to demonstrate.

http://gyazo.com/5a2fa8d2f1024caa3961959117922176

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:32:12 pm »

My guess is that you used the standard worldgen and a small world. The thing is, worldgen only placed one civ you can play. Try a larger world with more civs.

Saw the gif, you only have 8 civs in that world. Way too small, especially since you added fortress defense races as well... try at least 20. The pre-sets I include use 30, thats enough for MDF races and fortress defense races.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

alaxandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

That would make sense, I REALLY appreciate all your hard work on this mod! I'm a new DF player and wanted to get into Masterwork right away when I saw all the !FUN! it added to the game. I daresay, it's downright impressive what you guys have accomplished here.

As a suggestion you may want to append a small section about how to select a race to the manual for the modpack. I had to do a bit of digging to find this stuff, and was surprised when i looked through the manual and couldn't find how to change your selected race. Just for us newbies anyway, seems obvious now that I know how to do it.

I'm assuming this is going to fix my problem, so I'll just thank you in advance.

Thanks!

I cant wait to try that hermit mode out. :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:45:35 pm by alaxandir »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:40 pm »

I was sure I wrote something about that, but I checked... its not in the manual. -.- Must have been in a thread or on reddit.

A FAQ was in works, but not enough people posted questions. ^^ As the author myself I never quite know whats hard and whats easy to understand from an outside view.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::