Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arming hell?  (Read 894 times)

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arming hell?
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:26:19 pm »

Hello, everyone.
I was just wondering if anybody knew a way to make a used-defined demon use weapons and armour.
I'm interested in replacing the procedurally-genned horde with an infernal legion of (humanoid) supersoldiers.
Is this even possible? Can one define them an entity without removing them from hell in the process?

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
Re: Arming hell?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:33:06 pm »

As far as I know, the procedurally generated demons can only be removed in advanced worldgen by setting demon number to 0.  It is possible to make custom demon creatures however.  There's no way to give them real equipment by raw modding though, and I don't know of any DFHack scripts that would trigger armed demons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

Testing is very difficult so I never figured out if it really works, but a LAYER_LINKED entity of cavern creatures with DEPTH:5:5 might work. But I am really not sure about that, its just the best thing that I can think of.

You could make custom demons that have EQUIPS and use a interaction to trigger a dfhack script to spawn a few weapons on their tiles, but I am not sure how often they actually do pick them up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:17:44 am »

Meph, nobody tested your demons yet?!

edit... ah, i see, the custom demons are creatures, not an entity
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:22:46 am by smakemupagus »

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »

Testing is very difficult so I never figured out if it really works, but a LAYER_LINKED entity of cavern creatures with DEPTH:5:5 might work. But I am really not sure about that, its just the best thing that I can think of.

You could make custom demons that have EQUIPS and use a interaction to trigger a dfhack script to spawn a few weapons on their tiles, but I am not sure how often they actually do pick them up.

I'll poke around a bit in my v34 copy and see what happens - never thought to try LAYER LINKED level 5.
Thank you!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:00 am »

Testing is very difficult so I never figured out if it really works, but a LAYER_LINKED entity of cavern creatures with DEPTH:5:5 might work.
In my tests they worked (but was in DF2012), but they needed at least 1 randomly generated demon to exist. (if none was set the hell was not populated). this experience i based on the population reports from the world generation.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:47:44 pm »

It may be possible to cheat by attaching "swords" to their hands as part of thier body, and giving it appropriate materials and attack types :). I have not tested this either though, but should be arena testable.